TF2 Gun Mettle Update

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited August 2015 in Team Fortress 2

Event Site | TF2 Blog | Comic | FAQ

This update is Huge! (So huge I'll have to break it into multiple posts!)

-Digi

Garg

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited July 2015

GAME PLAY CHANGES

New feature : Weapon exchange and pick up. Weapons dropped by killed players can no longer be picked up for ammo. Killed players will now also drop a medium ammo box. Players that can normally equip the dropped weapon (proper class) can look at the weapon and press the 'action key' to exchange it with what they have equipped. The player's equipped weapon will be dropped on the exchange.
    Inspect Target has been changed to Inspect Target or Item. While having a decorated weapon deployed with no target under the cross hair and then pressing the bound inspect key (+inspect) , an interruptible view model animation will play.
    Random Damage Spread is off by default (ConVar tf_damage_disablespread is set to 1).
    Auto reload is on by default (ConVar cl_autoreload 1). Existing users will still use their currently set value. This setting can be changed under Advance Options or through the developer console.
    Updated various weapon descriptions to better detail the weapon's features.
    Class and Weapon Changes

SPY

Spy no longer smacks himself in the face while reloading a revolver (New Spy revolver reload animation that does not block cross hair)
    Changing to a new disguise while already under a disguise takes 0.5 seconds instead of the normal disguise time of 2 seconds
    In the disguise menu, pressing 'reload' will also toggle the disguise team.
    While invisible, Spy receives 20% less damage from all damage sources
    While invisible, Spy has reduced timer on debuffs (fire, jarate, milk, bleed)
    Decreased the damage penalty on Sentries sapped by the Spy from -66% to -33% (i.e. shooting a Sentry the Spy sapped with a Revolver is now more effective)
    Spy-cicle
    Changed fire immunity for 3 seconds to fire immunity for 1 second and 7 seconds of afterburn immunity
    Removed silent killer attribute
    Spy-cicle recharge timer can now be reduced by picking up ammo boxes
    Enforcer
    Changed +20% damage bonus while undisguised to +20% damage bonus while disguised
    Big Earner
    Added 3 second speed gain on kill
    Kunai
    Health penalty reduced from -65 to -55 (70 Health total)
    Minimum Health gain of 75 on kill
    Maximum overheal from Kunai increased from 195 to 210
    Cloak and Dagger
    Can now pick up ammo kits for cloak meter while visible. Previously could not pick up ammo packs for cloak. Cloak gain is at a reduced rate when compared to stock invis watch on ammo pick up
    Dead Ringer
    Triggering Feign Death instantly removes 50% cloak meter
    Changed increased drain rate to a decreased drain rate. Overall duration of invisibility is still 7 seconds when accounting for initial spend of 50 cloak meter for triggering Feign Death
    Decreased cloak regen rate from +80% to +50%
    When Feign Death is triggered, the Spy receives a 3 second speed boost
    Initial attack that triggers feign death has its damage reduced by 50%
    Damage resistance on triggering feign death scales over time. 65% to 20% over 3 seconds
    Feign Death stealth has no bump shimmer for 3 seconds
    3 seconds after triggering Feign Death, the Spy is under normal invisible conditions (20% armor and shimmers if bumped or shot)
    Can no longer pick up ammo for cloak meter while cloaked

ENGINEER

Construction boosts (wrench hits, redeploys) from multiple sources is now additive instead of multiplicative. Calculations are based around a 1x base building speed.
    Increased base wrench construction speed on hit boost by 50%. Buildings now build 2.5x faster instead of just 2x (additive of 1.5x + base speed)
    Teleporters and Dispensers redeploy +50% faster (2.5x without wrench boost, 5.5x with wrench boost)
    Building pick up speed penalty reduced from 25% to 10%
    On Wrench equip change, buildings no longer self-destruct unless the building type is changed (i.e. Only Sentry explodes when switching from Wrench to Gunslinger)
    Building repair costs increased from 20 metal to 33 metal to repair 100hp per wrench hit (from 5HP per metal to 3HP per metal)
    Level 2 and Level 3 Sentries have less passive damage resistance against Heavy miniguns. Level 2 Sentry Minigun resistance changed from 20% to 15% and Level 3 Changed from 33% to 20%
    Gunslinger / Minisentry
    Mini Sentries can now be repaired
    Mini Sentries can now be wrench construction boosted
    Mini Sentry base build speed decreased. Mini Sentries that are wrench boosted build slightly faster than previously.
    Mini Sentries start at 50% health on construction and gain health during construction instead of starting at 100%
    Metal gibs from destroyed Mini Sentries no longer grant any metal
    Pomson 6000
    Uber and Cloak drain decreases over distance from target. Decreases start at 512 Hammer Units (Hu) from target and reach 0 drain at 1536Hu
    Wrangler
    Ammo and Repair given to a shielded Sentry is reduced by the strength of the shield (66% reduced) when shield is active
    Engineer death keeps the Wrangled sentry shielded and disabled for 3 seconds, same as when Wrangler is switched away. Previously Engineer death caused disable state for only 1 second
    Jag
    With the change to Base Construction boost, Jag bonus has improved. 30% increase of 1.5x makes a total of 1.95x (total of 2.95x when base speed is added)
    Added +15% swing speed.
    Added 20% repair penalty. Repairs will give up to 80hp per swing instead 100hp per swing.
    The Short Circuit
    Projectile destruction has been moved to alt-fire at the cost of -15 per shot. There is a 0.5s cool down between attempts and refire
    Cannot pick up buildings when the Short Circuit is deployed
    Eureka Effect
    Previous penalties have been removed and replaced with the following
    Construction hit speed boost decreased by 50%
    50% less metal from pickups and dispensers

edited July 2015

SCOUT

Baby Face's Blaster
    Added Boost reduction on taking damage.
    Increased amount of Boost lost on air jump
    Short Stop
    No longer uses secondary ammo and now uses primary ammo instead
    Healing and knockback passives are only active when weapon is deployed
    Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol
    Passive effects on the Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol are only in effect when the weapon is deployed
    Removed +15 max health passive
    Added up to +3 health per hit
    Changed damage vulnerability from +50% fire to +20% all sources while active
    Fan O' War
    Now crits whenever it would normally mini-crit
    Reduced damage penalty from -90% to -75%

SOLDIER

Airstrike
    Removed clipsize penalty
    Reduced radius penalty from -15% to -10%
    Reduced damage penalty from -25% to -15%
    Rocket jump blast damage reduction reduced from -25% to -15%
    Equalizer and Escape Plan
    Changed no healing penalty to 90% less healing from Medics while active
    Blackbox
    Changed +15 health on hit to +20 health on hit per attack
    Changed how health on hit works for radius damage. Is now capped per attack and scales with total damage done relative to base damage.
    i.e. doing 45 damage nets +10 health on hit as base damage is 90. Hitting 3 enemies for 45 each for a total of 135 damage only returns +20 health.
    Liberty Launcher
    Now has +25% clip size
    Battalions Backup
    Fixed an issue that caused rocket jumps to be decreased when it was active.

DEMOMAN

** Tide Turner**
    Self damage will no longer decrease charge when charging
    Fall damage will no longer decrease charge when charging
    Amount of charge taken away on damage when charging reduced from 3 to 1 per point of damage
    Bootlegger / Ali Baba's Wee Booties
    Added +10% movement speed bonus
    Changed 25 charge on charge kill to 25 charge on melee kill
    The Claidheamh Mòr
    Changed 25 charge on charge kill to 25 charge on melee kill
    Loch-n-Load
    Changed +20% damage bonus to +20% damage against buildings
    Iron Bomber
    Removed damage penalty on self-detonate
    Reduced radius penalty from -20% to -15%
    Quickiebomb Launcher
    Damage is now increased based on charge amount when the bomb is fired
    Ullapool Caber
    Reduced explosion base damage from 100 to 75
    Reduced damage ramp up bonus for close range attacks. Now is the same as other explosive weapons.

PYRO

Flaregun
    Added text to describe 100% critical hits on burning targets
    Scorch Shot
    Reduced damage penalty from -50% to -35%
    Now has increased knock back on burning targets
    Increased the blast radius from flares from 92Hu to 110Hu
    Hits and explosions always minicrit burning targets
    Detonator
    Added text to describe 100% minicrits on burning targets
    Slightly increased blast jump height when doing a Detonator jump
    Increased blast radius from 92Hu to 110Hu
    Detonated explosions now also minicrit burning targets
    Increased damage penalty to -25%
    Increased self-damage penalty from +25% to +50%

MEDIC

Vaccinator
    Fixed a bug that gave Vaccinator patients full crit immunity.
    Vaccinator base resist does not grant any crit resistance.
    Vaccinator Uber deploys now always take exactly 1 bar of Uber charge.
    Vaccinator Uber deploys give the patient a 2.5 second bubble of 75% damage resistance of the current resist type and full crit resistance to that type. These bubbles do not disappear if the medic stops targeting the current patient. Multiple bubbles of different types can be applied to the same patient or multiple patients given the same resist uber each consuming 1 charge.
    Vaccinator uber build now suffers the same penalties as other mediguns when it comes to multiple medics on the same target and max overhealed patients.
    Decreased the bonus healing a Medic received for properly selecting the right damage resistance type from 25% of incoming damage to 10% of incoming damage
    Added Penalty of 66% decreased uber build rate while healing a overhealed patient
    Solomn Vow
    Added 10% attack speed penalty

SNIPER

Sydney Sleeper
    Jarate now applies on all scoped shots, duration scales with charge duration (2 to 8 seconds)
    Bazaar Bargain
    No longer lose heads on miss
    Collecting a head requires a headshot kill and not just a headshot
    Each head boosts charge rate by 25% up to 200%
    Charge rate penalty changed from -20% to -50%.
    Now requires 2 headshot kills to be back at base speed and 6 kills for 200% charge rate
    Bushwacka
    Changed penalty from +20% fire vulnerability to +20% damage vulnerability while active

HEAVY

Minigun damage penalty on Level 2 and Level 3 Sentries slightly decreased. Level 2 Sentry resistance changed from 20% to 15% and Level 3 changed from 33% to 20%
    Natascha
    Added 20% damage resistance while spun up
    Stun amount now has distance falloff. Decreases starting at 512hu down to zero stun at 1536Hu
    Brass Beast
    Added 20% damage resistance while spun up
    Tomislav
    Now 20% more accurate (less spread)
    Increased spin up bonus from 10% to 20%
    Family Business
    Now has +15% increased attack speed
    Warriors Spirit
    Now has +10 health on hit
    Eviction Notice
    Now has 3 second speed boost on hit
    Dalokoh's Bar
    Now has 10 second cool down on use
    Can now overheal up to 400hp
    Can be thrown (alt-fire) as a small medkit for other players to use
    Lunchbox items
    Updated description to note that these items can be thrown (alt-fire) to supply players with a medkit.

MULTI-CLASS

Panic Attack
    Base Fire rate increased (from 15% to 30%)
    Base reload speed increased (from 33% to 50%)
    Added increased switch to speed by +50%

edited July 2015

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm hooked on TF2 for another 3+ months.

-Digi

primesuspectStrikesoni_dels
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

So you can now temporarily loot weapons off other players and use them? If so what's the point in crafting/ trading/ drop farming anymore?

_k
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited July 2015
    oni_dels
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Whoa though; big nerf to Loch n Load. @Bobbydigi do you know if bots are considered "buildings"?

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

PLAID!

• aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

Looks like I got the Natascha just in time, I guess?

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

meh.

• FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

Damnit now I need a new fancy sniper rifle and scatter gun.

oni_dels
    edited July 2015

Buying a $5.99 Campaign Pass lets you test your TF mettle against a series of weekly challenges, and gives you the chance to earn one-of-a-kind >weapons to keep or trade with your friends

That is just grody. Free to play turning into pay every time you want to play something.

trooster89BHHammy

Quit yer bitchin'. Don't play if you don't like it :D. I've dumped tons of money into playing TF2 MvM with my friends and have zero regrets. The memories I make playing this game for the last 8 years of my life (not to mention the priceless and irreplaceable friendships) are worth more than they could ever possibly charge. They could bill me for a thousand bucks for past enjoyment and I'd pay it. No game in my life has done more for me, personally, and for this community, than TF2

BuddyJCantiBobbyDigiMAGICQCHoni_dels
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited July 2015

BobbyDigi
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

Still no updates to MvM : (

@primesuspect said:
    Whoa though; big nerf to Loch n Load. Bobbydigi do you know if bots are considered "buildings"?

As far as I know, no. But this is a pretty big nerf to Demo MvM if they are not.

@Karma said:
    That is just grody. Free to play turning into pay every time you want to play something.

Paid 100% cosmetic update is cosmetic. All game play changes in this update are Free as they have been for the last 2+ years. You going to stop playing because other people have painted guns? No, you're going to have a blast picking up other people's guns and killing them with their own guns.... for free.

And then you are going to get mad Jelly and either break down and pay the $5.99 or I'll buy it for you because like it or not you are part of this TF2 community and we want to shoot you with your newly painted Instant Karma Mk. VII. Deal With It.

-Digi

primesuspectGargoni_delsRahnalH102

BRB Uninstalling.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

So this update broke the game enough for you that you no longer want to play with your friends? WTF dude? Season 5.5 is coming soon.

oni_dels
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

He mad

• FargeFarge Icrontian

So they unnerfed heavy, made my tide turner loadout viable again, and nerfed most of my troll loadouts. Someone should make an icrontic event for us to play all this fancy new stuff tonight.

@BobbyDigi I am just touched you remembered my sniper rifle name.

No more immortal Demofarge!

• FargeFarge Icrontian

Demotarge you mean. Demofarge is going to be a bit harder to kill with these changes.

Strikes
  • FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

I'm sad because now I need name tags.

Dropped

GoGoGo

-Digi

• Yes.

• As long as we can play the new maps :D

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Make sure server gets updated ;)

• I got my first week/contract weapons. Minigun and rocket launcher. Sold the minigun promptly while prices were still high. Both were the minimum quality or whatever. I like the rocket launcher. Could have sold it for nearly $2.00 but I kept it, because soldier stuff. I'm anxiously awaiting next week :) Hopefully we can all play together. The new maps are a blast.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Sold minigun? Sad heavy. :(

Creeperbane2