Taco Bell delivery service starting up

ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian

Figure this might be relevant to a few people around here. ;)

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/taco-bell-plans-to-roll-out-delivery-service/

CB

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Was announced in April. My colon is ready.

Chooch
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

No one ever tests any roll outs of anything in my city.

jerks

RyanFodder
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

My only concern is the delivery time. I typically like to eat Taco Bell in the restaurant as soon as I get the food. When I take it home, the quality usually suffers a little bit. If they can keep the food warm and get it to you Jimmy John's fast, then I'm in.

BobbyDigi
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

@Thrax said:
    Was announced in April. My colon is ready.

Is it made of cast iron? No? Then it's not ready. No ones colon is ready. My colon never asked for this.

My colon is immune to Taco Bell.

UPSLynx
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

@Thrax said:
    My colon is immune to Taco Bell.

Enjoy. You've got about another 3 or so years of that left.

GHoosdumCBBobbyDigimertesn
    edited July 2015

@primesuspect said:
    Enjoy. You've got about another 3 or so years of that left.

Challenge accepted.

GHoosdum
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

I don't get it. Are we talking about shitting too much, or too little?

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

Strangely, my stomach has also never been bothered by taco bell.

georgeh
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2015

I spend more time waiting than driving there.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited July 2015

@GHoosdum said:

Yes

I have the same concern as Lynx. A fresh Taco Bell product is far greater than even a 5 minute old Taco Bell product. Specifically their Nacho Chips, they get soggy fast.

-Digi

UPSLynx
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

Listening to @BobbyDigi and @UPSLynx talk we are about two steps away from creating a Taco Bell wine pairing dinner.

UPSLynx
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

@Church4252 said:
    I spend more time waiting than driving there.

I feel you are missing the point of this. Taco Bell is not something you eat sober.

RyanFodder
  • til bing has maps

RyderChoochDontCallMeKelsoprimesuspect

@Signal said:
    I feel you are missing the point of this. Taco Bell is not something you eat sober.

neither is White Castle and I do anyways cause its at the corner

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

@Church4252 said:

@Signal said:

neither is White Castle and I do anyways cause its at the corner

I feel like you're doing something wrong

@DontCallMeKelso said:
    I feel like you're doing something wrong

If you're talking about not being drunk ahead of time. I only really drink alcohol during IC events now.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

@Church4252 said:
    If you're talking about not being drunk ahead of time. I only really drink alcohol during IC events now.

Then why even eat taco bell or white castle? There's better fast food

@DontCallMeKelso said:

Because old habits are hard to die. And when I do eat Taco Bell or White Castle its months before I even go to those places again.

@DontCallMeKelso said:

I don't want "better" fast food. I want Taco Bell. There's no substitute.

BobbyDigiUPSLynxAnnes

@Thrax said:
    I don't want "better" fast food. I want Taco Bell. There's no substitute.

I don't know... @UPSLynx would you rather Taco Bell or La Vics?

@Karma said:
    Listening to BobbyDigi and UPSLynx talk we are about two steps away from creating a Taco Bell wine pairing dinner.

Pretty sure the right wine pairing for Taco Bell is Boone's Farm... because Boone's Farm is to wine what Taco Bell is to Mexican food.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@GHoosdum said:

Can't it be both?

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@ardichoke said:
    Pretty sure the right wine pairing for Taco Bell is Boone's Farm... because Boone's Farm is to wine what Taco Bell is to Mexican food.

I had copious amounts of tacos and margs tonight and then I looked up boone farms and about lost all my stomach contents.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

@DontCallMeKelso said:
    I don't know... UPSLynx would you rather Taco Bell or La Vics?

Different deals. I get one thing at La Vics. I get a million different things at Taco Bell. Depends on what I'm in the mood for.

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

Tacobell, a great late night, post con, me and my buds are broke after buying tons of merch on the floor option. As delivery......eh.....NO!

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited July 2015

Here's the Real Big Thing™:

It's not about "Is Taco Bell good?" it's about "What do you want to order?" If you currently want to go eat a nice thing at a nice place, then you already don't want Taco Bell, fine. But, if you currently just want food because otherwise you'd be hungry, and you don't have time to / don't care to go actually get that food, what are your options?

For most people the only food that other people will bring to their door is Pizza. Literally only pizza. Through a quirk of the food service industry, that's the only market that made itself universally deliverable. I lived my entire life up until a year ago, from my childhood in various towns, through college, and even up through building a small family, with no other options for delivery. Is it D&D night and no one feels like going to get something for the group? We'll get pizza, again, I guess. I spend 34 years of my life living places where I could only get pizza at my door.

Some people are lucky enough to live with a few other options. Where I live now, we are in range of a sandwich shop and a "chinese" shop which are both willing to deliver, but that's still only three food types: A much lower level of selection relative to people who leave their houses.

Taco Bell delivery gives people one more thing to think about having brought to them. If your options for deliver are just Pizza or Taco Bell. Sometimes you might pick Taco Bell.

primesuspectGHoosdumTushonChoochUPSLynxRyanFodderBHHammy

I'm really surprised that food delivery services haven't sprung up in more places. When I first moved here and heard about this business that just delivers food from other restaurants (they make their money by adding a percentage on to the order total), I thought it was genius. I guess that must only be realistic in a college town?

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

The Dutch were all over this, too, with 'thuisbezorgd', or delivered at home - I could get shwarma, ribs, pizza, gyros, Italian, sushi, whatever you wanted. That's one of the biggest things I miss coming back here - I haven't found an equivalent service. I have Jimmy John's again, though, so hooray! Otherwise, yeah, you're kind of at the mercy of what the local pizza places offer.