If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

So does anyone here Vape?

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

@pigflipper said:
    Eureka Vapor: OG Kush (Indica) 100% Natural Oil "The Way Medicine Should Be"

The only way to properly vape. Takes you from nic fit to Stephen Hawking in less than two drags.

Also class 1 narcotic, unfortunately.

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

Legally bought from store.

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

@pigflipper said:
    The only way to properly vape. Takes you from nic fit to Stephen Hawking in less than two drags.

Really smart and speaking with a vocoder?

CantiGarg
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@drasnor said:
    Really smart and speaking with a vocoder?

I just assumed it made you British.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

If you are going to smoke might as well vape at least it doesn't smell horrendous.

• GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian
    edited Sep 2015

That article opened my eyes to how awful ecigs really are. I'm going to switch back to tobacco so I can be safe. Hacking up a lung every morning is much better than inhaling those nasty chemicals from ejuice.

I'm open to hearing about the hazards vaping presents, but this article is straight fear-mongering written by someone who doesn't understand the subject.

Currently vaping: Muffin Man from One Hit Wonder - 9/10

trollUPSLynxThrax
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian

There are lots of trash articles like the one posted above.

Then there are legit articles that should be spread.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e-cigarettes-around-95-less-harmful-than-tobacco-estimates-landmark-review

I'll vape a little Heaven's Gate in the Big German for a bit...

Guppy
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

I love Washington Post articles! They're often factually-correct but present their facts in a misleading fashion. The linked studies point out that chemicals exist in vape fluid which, when vaped, cause you to exceed your "workplace recommended exposure limits". This is referring to a NIOSH Recommended Exposure Limit (REL) which is defined as the average exposure concentration over a period of time roughly equivalent to a standard workday in most cases. While these are precursors to OSHA Permissible Exposure Limits (PELs), RELs lack the legal enforceability of a PEL. Washington Post cites an REL as evidence that these are bad for you and implies as much from the documented illnesses of the plant workers exposed to these chemicals during their workdays. However, since these chemicals are unregulated for workplace safety (manufacturers are not obligated to recognize RELs in any way; contrast with legally-required controls for PELs), we have no idea what exposure these plant workers received and how that compares with what you get from vaping a bottle of fluid.

NIOSH classes these chemicals as respiratory irritants; odds are you'll know pretty quick if you're having a bad reaction and not buy that flavor again. The rest of the article is FUD about how we need more data. That's cool, more data is always good. Also noteworthy is that at least two of the studies cited were performed by fervent anti-tobacco research groups and as such are inherently biased.

The UK article states that they've looked at this and found that vaping is less bad than cigarettes; arguably not saying much there.

No, I don't smoke. I can't stand bad science though. For a fun game, get a bottle of your favorite libation (or your favorite vice of choice), read this page, then read any mainstream news article and take a sip/shot/puff/hit every time you correctly identify one. Score one point for each article you complete while maintaining consciousness.

GnomeQueenfatcatRyanFodder
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

@NiGHTS said:
    Dude, you have got to knock this shit off. Not every thread needs a dissenting opinion or a devil's advocate post.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were appointed lord high arbiter of who can post an opinion. I'll be sure to run all my posts through you before I add them from here on out. Oh, and who gets the joy of approving your opinions? Or are you the only person who has carte blanche?

There's junk science all around when it comes to tobacco and tobacco-like products (and lets be honest, most of the junkiest junk comes from the industry, not from the safety groups... they kind of have a vested financial interest in keeping people smoking, just look at their history on fighting tobacco regulations and the way they fought the medical science on tobacco use). I just felt like maybe people should be presented with information on what they're inhaling into their lungs, since the companies that are putting these chemicals out aren't making that information readily available. Especially if there's anyone reading this who DOESN'T smoke or vape and thinks "hey, these guys are all saying it's safe and tasty, maybe I'll try it".

For the UK article there is a link there to the 113 page report.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/e-cigarettes-an-evidence-update

• GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian

My second Zamplebox got here a couple weeks ago. This one was better than the first. I used my Maganus tank on a Sigelei 150W for most of these. I got the Sigelei after my IPV4 died on me. The juice leaked out of my RDAs into the battery compartment and screwed up the contacts, and it kind of turned me off dripping. Anyway, onto the reviews.

Area 51 (ConspiracE-Liquid) - toffee flavored coffee
    Mostly toffee in this one, with sweet coffee. I was hoping for a more bitter coffee flavor, but it's still great for what it is. I'm just about out, but I'll order more of this one for sure.
    9/10

Banana Brulee (Cosmic Charlie's Chalk Dust) - buttermilk pancakes topped with caramelized bananas
    I couldn't taste any pancake in this, but the banana and caramel come through well.
    7/10

Green Fairy (Gypsy Juice) - absinthe, kiwi, and various spices
    I'm not crazy about absinthe, so I won't give this a rating. I will say that it delivers what it promises and the flavors come through well. Once was enough for me though. I used an RDA for this one because I was sure just based on the description I wouldn't be able to handle a full tank.

Karma (Gypsy Juice) - peaches and cream custard
    Tastes as great as it sounds. Peaches kind of take a back seat to cream, which hurts it just a bit. More peach would make this perfect. If you want a juice that's creamy and fuity, this one is worth checking out.
    9/10

Lehua (Ono Kine) - strawberry and guava with cream
    In contrast to Karma, the fruit is the star of the show here. Strong guava taste on the inhale with strawberry coming in a bit later, and the cream rounding it out on the exhale. The cream isn't as strong here, and I think it needs a bit more of that.
    7/10

Monte Carlo (Victory Liquid) - tropical fruits
    This is a fruit punch flavor, and I'm not into it. It's not bad, I'm just not big on fruit punch. It's got plenty of fruit, but I got generic fruit punch taste from it (think Arizona fruit punch). Maybe check it out if that's your thing, but it's not for me.
    6/10

I also bought a few flavors from Nixteria(Juicy Vapor), but they're not really worth reviewing. They're all a 5/10. The flavor just isn't quite there. I bought from them when I first got into vaping, and I remember getting some good juice, so these might just be a few that weren't up to par. I'm not in a hurry to give them another shot though.

To end this post on a positive note, I'd like to plug Muffin Man from One Hit Wonder. It's an apple-cinnamon muffin flavor that gets everything right. You can only get it in 180ml bottles, so it's kind of pricey (~$60), but it's worth it. It's a perfect 10 in my book.

BobbyDigitroll
  • IvanIvan Icrontian

@Guppy Do you know the muffin man?

Linc
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian

@Ivan said:
    Guppy Do you know the muffin man?

I wonder how many a night @Linc has geebled gleefully to himself with the hope that someone would one day trigger this.

LincGnomeQueen
  • IvanIvan Icrontian

@Thrax THE MUFFIN MAN. Do you know the muffin man?

Linc
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

@Thrax said:
    I wonder how many a night Linc has geebled gleefully to himself with the hope that someone would one day trigger this.

About three, all told.

• LincLinc Bard Detroit, MI Icrontian

SOMEONE COMPLETE THE SEQUENCE.

I've never once said this on Icrontic, but here we go:

Please, God, please. I'm praying. Please make it stop jesus. Please #blessed IN jesus' name

@Thrax I hate you so much right now because you aren't here to witness the ULTIMATE GEEBLING

ThraxGnomeQueen

I swear, the first person that completes the sequence is getting banned.

UPSLynx

He literally just punched me when I typed that

LincUPSLynxGnomeQueen
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited Sep 2015

who lives in Drury Lane?

• LincLinc Bard Detroit, MI Icrontian

Pretty sure only Hobbits live IN roads, @UPSLynx :zombie:

@UPSLynx said:

who lives in Drury Lane?

WAAAWWWWWWW

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited Sep 2015

The Muffin Man?

Who lives on Drury lane?

(pls work)

Nope, don't know how to end the sequence.