'Murican Football 2015

Comments

• Augh.... MSU, why do you do this to me? You only beat Rutgers by one touchdown and you were losing to them for part of the game? This is not how a top 10 team should play. I fear the injuries have taken their toll and this team is now officially done. I'm doubting their ability to even beat U of M next week.... nevermind OSU in November.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@ardichoke said:
    Augh.... MSU, why do you do this to me? You only beat Rutgers by one touchdown and you were losing to them for part of the game? This is not how a top 10 team should play. I fear the injuries have taken their toll and this team is now officially done. I'm doubting their ability to even beat U of M next week.... nevermind OSU in November.

MSU please, Please beat UM. Let's just hope this was them just maybe looking ahead a little too much.

• SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2015

@Karma said: MSU please, Please beat UM.

Held opponents scoreless for 12 consecutive quarters with 97 unanswered points scored at same time. It hasn't allowed a point in any of its past 41 defensive possessions. Michigan has held its past five opponents to fewer than 100 rushing yards, and its defense has been particularly good at guarding against big plays — it's allowed just three drives of more than 50 yards in five games. One of the top Defenses in the country. Next week UM vs MSU game should be amazing. (GO BLUE!)

• KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian

I enjoy how the Chiefs play prevent offense whenever they take a 10 point lead, as well as a prevent defense.

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

The Chiefs, are they just the Cubs of the NFL?

@Koreish said:
    Andy Reid

FTFY

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2015

@Sazbean said:

Next week UM vs MSU game should be amazing. (GO BLUE!)

And I'll be working with the radio station that day in Ann Arbor. Gonna be fun! (Go Blue! )

Sazbean

MEANWHILE. I'm totally pumped for tOSU vs. PSU. At least OSU is bringing out cool new unis, and I can't wait to see what Bosa does to that PSU o-line.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Holy crap, what a game!! Go Bengals!!!

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

@Koreish said:
    Brady is going in hard on them I'm sure. He's been playing angry all season so far, and now he's about to play the team that ticked him off to begin with.

And the team that's going to fold his ass on the 50. Win, lose, or draw, BREAK BRADY!

@Creeperbane2 said:
    And the team that's going to fold his ass on the 50. Win, lose, or draw, BREAK BRADY!

LOL the Colts defense couldn't fold laundry.

fatcatBobbyDigi
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2015

@Sazbean said:
    Held opponents scoreless for 12 consecutive quarters with 97 unanswered points scored at same time. It hasn't allowed a point in any of its past 41 defensive possessions. Michigan has held its past five opponents to fewer than 100 rushing yards, and its defense has been particularly good at guarding against big plays — it's allowed just three drives of more than 50 yards in five games. One of the top Defenses in the country. Next week UM vs MSU game should be amazing. (GO BLUE!)

To be fair, based on what I've been reading, the top ranked offense they played in these three games was ranked in the high 60s in the nation at the time. CMU had a higher ranked offense than any of the three teams UM shut out. They have not been playing powerhouse offenses and MSU definitely showed some signs of life in the second half of the Rutgers game. They also seem to have been running off way more clock than usual so far this season (resulting in fewer overall possessions), which I don't expect to be the case against UM next week.

Either way, it should be a hell of a matchup. I just wish State didn't have something like 10 players injured. AMSUHG is in full effect this year.

Those special teams though.... MSU really needs to get them under control. Such bad field goal kicking.

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

Rofl that Michigan game.

ardichoke
    edited October 2015

Holy fuck what an ending.

Seriously with shit like that happening how can you not like football.

Also this guy is just a cluster fuck of hateability.

Oh thank god the Lions won. Chiefs have a chance of the number 1 overall pick, grab Goff, and hopefully not suck anymore.

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited October 2015

It makes me vomit to say, but congrats to the Pats, it was a good game (what I could catch, I was working through most of it), and you did it HONEST this time, bonus points to you. Superbowl's still ours though!

That is totally incomprehensible. Pagano going, "Why did you snap that?" Totally sums up the Colts season.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

@Creeperbane2 said:
    It makes me vomit to say, but congrats to the Pats, it was a good game (what I could catch, I was working through most of it), and you did it HONEST this time, bonus points to you. Superbowl's still ours though!

Haha

edited October 2015

week 6 is done and out of the 32 teams...

AFC-only 5 teams over .500 record
    NFC-only 6 5 teams over .500 record

Cliff_Forster
  • @Winfrey said:
    Rofl that Michigan game.

That ending was great. MSU dominated every phase of the game except special teams, starting field position and not having a reliable field goal kicker (which contributed to the field position issue) kept UM in the game. It was poetic justice that special teams won the game for us.

Gif of the year:

• @fatcat said:
    week 6 is done and out of the 32 teams...

AFC-only 5 teams over .500 record
    NFC-only 6 teams over .500 record

Seems like the way it used to be years ago. Parity not so much this season. Either you are some variety of fantastic, or awful. There really isn't much in the middle right now.

@ardichoke said:

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

I've paid 0 attention to the NFL season this year. Suprisingly enough a "highlight" of the Dolphins came across my feed...

.sigh.

-Digi

primesuspectardichoke
  • @Church4252 said:

Patriots hat, UM hoodie, flipping off the TV camera? Yup, kid is the worlds biggest dickhead sport fan.

Creeperbane2

maybe Michigan needs a hero?

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

@ardichoke said:
    Patriots hat, UM hoodie, flipping off the TV camera? Yup, kid is the worlds biggest dickhead sport fan.

No way he can earn that moniker when there were people threatening the kicker with death.
    It's a goddamn game, get over yourselves people.

ardichoke

@Ryder said:
    No way he can earn that moniker when there were people threatening the kicker with death.
    It's a goddamn game, get over yourselves people.

No evidence to point to him not being one of those people.

ardichoke