If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

ICHQ 3.0: $40 million + gorgeous lakeshore

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited Oct 2015 in The Pub

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Okay. I'll pitch in a few dollars.

UPSLynx
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Alright! We're off to the races. $39,999,990 to go!

UPSLynxCreeperbane2
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

Pass. House is fugly. I'd rather pay less and have your MIL's gorgeous lake views.

_kAnnes
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Except it isn't big enough for 30 icrontians

edited Oct 2015

Dude. If ICHQ Warren was big enough for 50 Icrontians, I imagine we could MAKE DO

Garg
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

Sometimes I wish I had a shit ton of spare money, cause that place is cool, the only downside is I think due to it's status you couldn't change some of the decor

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian

@Ryder said:
    Except it isn't big enough for 30 icrontians

Wut?

Largest log cabin in the world with 23 bedrooms + Guesthouse with 4 apartments + 11 other buildings + a farm that once milked 200 cows

+Tents / lean tos / camping on 500 acres

How does that compute to not handling 30 people?

-Digi

primesuspect

@BobbyDigi said:
    -Digi

I think he meant my mother-in-law's house.

Which is still definitely big enough to hold Icrontic.

BobbyDigi
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

wouldn't this be ICHQ 3.0?

Gargprimesuspect
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares New York City?! Icrontian

Only Icrontic could feel at home in a place so kitschy.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    I think he meant my mother-in-law's house.
    Which is still definitely big enough to hold Icrontic.

This makes a lot more sense. Carry on.

-Digi

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian

inb4 outfromdetroit.com

TushonGarg
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited Oct 2015

@primesuspect said:
    Dude. If ICHQ Warren was big enough for 50 Icrontians, I imagine we could MAKE DO

Compared to the 23 bedroom place at $40 million, you MIL place can't sleep us all in rooms. That was all I meant.
    This place you linked could house the commune in 1 place.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

Jesus shit. Whoever was tasked with the interior decorating should be tarred and feathered because that is an abomination. All wood house....BETTER MAKE THE KITCHEN ENTIRELY STAINLESS STEEL. This makes me incredibly irrationally angry. It would probably take another couple million just to make the inside not tacky and usable. It looks like the pictures were taken on a realtor's flip phone.

GnomeQueen
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian

Needs more dead animals. I should be able to move from a bed made of dead animals to the kitchen where dead animals are cooked using dead animal implements, without ever having to step on a surface that is not covered in a dead animal.

GargGnomeQueenLeahVoice

@NullenVoyd said:
    Needs more dead animals. I should be able to move from a bed made of dead animals to the kitchen where dead animals are cooked using dead animal implements, without ever having to step on a surface that is not covered in a dead animal.

Don't forget the Native American caricature statues.

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian

Karma you most frequently obsess over a small detail that bothers you and completely set aside the big picture. It's an interesting personality trait.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

I can already see the dlunk out shens involving the taxidermy. @pragtastic climbing on top of one, for instance. With a drink in hand.

....we need this.

@PirateNinja said:
    Karma you most frequently obsess over a small detail that bothers you and completely set aside the big picture. It's an interesting personality trait.

I mean the interior of house is pretty important.

Garg

@UPSLynx said:
    I can already see the dlunk out shens involving the taxidermy. pragtastic climbing on top of one, for instance. With a drink in hand.

....we need this.

And now I'm picturing one of the bears holding The Inquisition.

RyderStraight_Man
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian

+1 the fugly comment. We can and should do better.

maliaGnomeQueenWinfrey
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian
    edited Oct 2015
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited Oct 2015

Be real Brian, no one is going to drive to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for Icrontic events.... and getting flights up there is an expensive pain in the ass. I mean, why do you think I went to school up in the Yoop? I did it to get away from people, and it was great (except when I got the SAD).

That said, when you buy this place, hire me as a caretaker :D

Also, that kitchen is awesome. When you have a palatial estate like that, which was used to entertain celebs, you're going to have a professional kitchen staff. They're going to want a professional grade kitchen which typically means lots of stainless steel as it's easy to sanitize and whatnot. Not everything comes down to aesthetics in a place like this. I'd take that kitchen in a heartbeat.

Garg
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

That looks like it's ready for a bunch of cultists to move in. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened in Texas.

DontCallMeKelso

@PirateNinja said:
    [...] build rivaling houses/kingdoms.

The first thing I thought of was moats. The next thing I thought of was turning Woodbridge into the site to film the next season of MXC/Takeshi's Castle.

RahnalH102
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit, MI Icrontian

@PirateNinja said:
    If we are going to spend $40 million why don't we just buy out the entire existing ichq neighborhood, and build rivaling houses/kingdoms.

Maybe half of it if you skipped all the apartment buildings. :p

Alright, I found something cooler:

Motherfucking castle in Connecticut
    http://www.businessinsider.com/chrismark-castle-in-woodstock-ct-2014-9?op=1#ixzz3H5lwXKIn