'Murican Football 2015

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

and people scratched their heads when the Patriots Franchised Gostkowski

Sonorous
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@ardichoke Just call us The hi State University because we got no O.

Real talk though that was some of the worst playing calling i've ever seen. There are rumors that the OC is calling a QB run right now.

Good job Sparty dominate the Defensive front all game and the Offensive front in the 4th quarter. I want to say good game but I am not sure how anyone who watched it left it going well that was a great football game.

• This season can bite me!

• JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@Cliff_Forster said:
    This season can bite me!

Because of the BREAKing and enTEARing they experienced this weekend? HAHA...sorry, I couldn't help myself :D

Cliff_Forster

anyone picking Romo to upset Cam?

• @Karma said:
    @ardichoke Just call us The hi State University because we got no O.

Real talk though that was some of the worst playing calling i've ever seen. There are rumors that the OC is calling a QB run right now.

Good job Sparty dominate the Defensive front all game and the Offensive front in the 4th quarter. I want to say good game but I am not sure how anyone who watched it left it going well that was a great football game.

Aw yissssss... It seems the heartbreaker at Nebraska lit a fire under the Spartan 'D'. They turned in two of their best performances of the season in the two weeks since. I hope they keep it up, because if they do, I think it's playoff time for MSU! If you had told me that State was going to win in the horseshoe with Cook sidelined due to injury on a last second field goal kick by Geiger, I would have slapped your face and called you a liar. I was on campus (headed to the MTU @ MSU hockey game) when the winning kick went up. It was epic.

• @JBoogaloo said:

@Cliff_Forster said:
    This season can bite me!

Because of the BREAKing and enTEARing they experienced this weekend? HAHA...sorry, I couldn't help myself :D

But seriously, if any team has had more critical season ending injuries over the course of a year I don't know when it has happened? Unreal.

whistle-gate

Sonorous
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

After a slow start the Indy ass kickin train is out of the station, get on board or get run over. Choo choo!

@Cliff_Forster said:

@JBoogaloo said:

@Cliff_Forster said:
    This season can bite me!

But seriously, if any team has had more critical season ending injuries over the course of a year I don't know when it has happened? Unreal.

Yeah, all jokes aside that was a really tough game to watch. They're both pretty good guys and seeing how the season ends for them was just brutal :/

Now, that Bills/NWE game last night...interesting. I don't dig the unintentional whistle, that was just a shitty call. Then the 2nd and 1 measuring during the 2min drill with the clock still winding down (dafuq?!), then the final catch where he pushes himself out of bounds, it was just a shit show of bad/missed/ridiculous...other big words for lame, calls. I still think that NWE would have probably won, but I feel the game would have been more like a 27-20 or possibly OT battle. An interesting game to watch, but those junk calls were just...stupid.

@Creeperbane2 said:
    After a slow start the Indy ass kickin train is out of the station, get on board or get run over. Choo choo!

With a 2 game win streak and a 5-5 record sitting number one in their division? This was a joke post, right? :P I mean, I guess it's cool that they're number 1 in their division with that record, but that doesn't say a whole lot. The AFC-S ain't much prettier than our NFC-E and we're sitting well damn ugly this year.

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

It's pretty sad when a 5-5 can sit atop their division. Doesn't mean that I'm not happy that the Giants are there.

JBoogaloo
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian

Can you believe we live in a world where a possible 18-0 AFC team could meet and 18-0 NFC team in the Super Bowl? Can you also believe we live in a world where the Giants can knock out a 17-0 NFC team only to beat an 18-0 Pats again?

• trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

holy crap. the bears did it.

Marshmellow

@Koreish said:
    Can you believe we live in a world where a possible 18-0 AFC team could meet and 18-0 NFC team in the Super Bowl? Can you also believe we live in a world where the Giants can knock out a 17-0 NFC team only to beat an 18-0 Pats again?

I can see Carolina going 16-0, but with half the offense injured, the Pats won't be 16-0. I predict as soon as they have home field locked up you'll see the starters sitting to rest

these injuries...ouch

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

Yeah that gronk one looked nasty

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

That game tonight....trolololololol

@fatcat said:
    these injuries...ouch

Is it wrong that I am dancing in a massive glut of schadenfreude right now.

Oh and also WIN, step one; bounce back, step two; playoffs, step three; Superbowl!

Cliff_Forster
  • @Creeperbane2 said:

@fatcat said:
    these injuries...ouch

Oh and also WIN, step one; bounce back, step two; playoffs, step three; Superbowl!

Isn't it strange that P. Manning and A. Luck, connected in their own way, Manning leaving to make room for Luck to ultimately have injury and what is going to likely be huge Quaterback controversy pending. Both teams are playing better without their star QB's. Manning's career looks like it might be coming to an unfortunate end without him riding off into the sunset, staying maybe a year too long (so many athletes do it). Luck having taken a huge step backwards, likely due to playing through injury, maybe it's time to shut him down for the season and get him healthy for next year?

I would not want to be either of those coaches. Will be terribly difficult to decide how to play that in a couple weeks.

@Cliff_Forster said:

@Creeperbane2 said:

@fatcat said:
    these injuries...ouch

Isn't it strange that P. Manning and A. Luck, connected in their own way, Manning leaving to make room for Luck to ultimately have injury and what is going to likely be huge Quaterback controversy pending. Both teams are playing better without their star QB's. Manning's career looks like it might be coming to an unfortunate end without him riding off into the sunset, staying maybe a year too long (so many athletes do it). Luck having taken a huge step backwards, likely due to playing through injury, maybe it's time to shut him down for the season and get him healthy for next year?

I would not want to be either of those coaches. Will be terribly difficult to decide how to play that in a couple weeks.

I agree, plus the Colts offense is strange, a first string offense that seems more suited a second string QB. As for Manning, he needs to retire, I mean with two young kids and a prior neck injury that essentially renders it so if he goes over on his head again he could be paralyzed. I just hope when he does the Colts give him a one day contract like they have done for a few other all time greats so he can retire at home, because I don't know if it's ever been said, but with all he has done for this state, Manning is and forever will be an honorary Hoosier!

Cheatriots, undefeated no more!

Cliff_Forster
  • The Sunday night game was actually very entertaining. I figured the Pat's would confuse the kid on the other side, but it goes to show when the weather gets cold a sound running attack is a quarterbacks best friend. Denver was good and balanced on offense. The Pats played well on the road but that botched punt is all it took to tip the scales. That player is already cut. That's how they do it in New England.

edited December 2015

Do your job.

• @Cliff_Forster said:
    ... it goes to show when the weather gets cold a sound running attack deflated ball is a quarterbacks best friend.

FTFY

Creeperbane2Cliff_Forster
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

ITT:

AlexDeGruven
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

But the Colts are doing better, they're not dead anymore.

• MSU offensive center Jack Allen is now a finalist for the first ever SBNation Piesman award for this glorious play at the end of the Penn State game last weekend.

sbnation.com/college-football/2015/12/2/9835492/piesman-trophy-finalists-2015

I am so very VERY stoked for this B1g championship game. It looks like it's going to be some brutal smash-mouth football.

edited December 2015

that's gotta hurt Detroit

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited December 2015