Steam Winter Sale Starts December 22nd - Ends Jan 4th 10pm PST

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited December 2015 in Gaming

Starts: December 22nd

Ends: Jan 4th 10pm Pacific time

Steam Store Home Page | All Products on sale | Comic

Paypal does it again by Firsting the rest of the web on revealing when the sale starts. Paypal posted on their Holiday Deals page that the Steam Winter Sale will begin December 22nd.

Valve has already released that there will be no flash sales or daily deals this year. Each game's lowest price will be available throughout the sale.

I look forward to the gamification of the Steam sales. I wonder what kind of Holiday Magic they have for us this season. There are already 11 "Mysterious" cards dropping.

-Digi

Comments

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

I for one look forward to gaming another crappy clicker game.

trooster89
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

It's On!

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

I don't think I've ever not been broke during a Steam sale.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Easy Cards, just browse your queue. You can browse 3 queues a day (10? games per queue) to earn 3 cards per day by doing this.

-Digi

edited December 2015

There is a Comic, Jake in NORTHPOLE NOIR. Looks to be updated each day. First 3 pages (including the cover) are available as of today 12/22

http://store.steampowered.com/wintercomic/

Jake is a gingerbread man

Edit: LOL, Page three is "Come back tomorrow"

-Digi

IF you want to browse all 10,002 products that are on sale, you can do so here

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=1&os=win

-Digi

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

A reminder:

This year there are no flash sales, daily deals or voter's choice. Whatever price you see is the price it will be for the rest of the sale, but not all sales start today.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Don't forget roguelike, the other shitty and unimaginative disease to plague steam's recent catalog.

oni_dels
  • @Thrax said:
    Don't forget roguelike, the other shitty and unimaginative disease to plague steam's recent catalog.

Shut your whore mouth. Rogue-like games can be really fun. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it unequivocally sucks. Not everything has to be "Do you even lift, bro Simulator 2016"

_koni_dels
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    edited December 2015

@ardichoke said:
    Not everything has to be "Do you even lift, bro Simulator 2016"

I would play this. Object of the game is to not let the weight rack fill up. The trainers are trying to put away weights while you're taking them out laying them by different machines. You win when you claim all machines in the gym, but there would be a meter that would need to be recharged by texting in the squat rack.

sigh 9 more days of bliss before the resolutionists take over the gym for a month and a half.

_k
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

Oh my shit a Noir detective story with a Gingerbread man.

This is fantastic I goddamn love the Detective Noir genre.

• @Signal said:

@ardichoke said:
    Not everything has to be "Do you even lift, bro Simulator 2016"

I would play this. Object of the game is to not let the weight rack fill up. The trainers are trying to put away weights while you're taking them out laying them by different machines. You win when you claim all machines in the gym, but there would be a meter that would need to be recharged by texting in the squat rack.

sigh 9 more days of bliss before the resolutionists take over the gym for a month and a half.

Bonus mode, you actually lift BRAH. It's like QWOP but for lifting not running.

_k

Woot three more open world survival games I am not ineterest in today. Man i fear they may run out of these by the time the sale ends.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

From reading the FAQ it seems you only "control" a third of what potentially makes it onto the queue. The rest is by popularity of the social or wallet kind. And selecting "Not Interested" only removes the title from most notifications. if you say "not interested" to 5 open world survival games, it's still gonna throw other open world survival games at you cause those are somewhat popular still.

To quote:

Selecting ‘Not Interested’ on a product in your Discovery Queue lets Steam know that you don’t want to see that product in any featured area or recommendations (it may still show up in areas such as ‘Popular New Releases’). It does not change what kind of games will be recommended to you.

edited December 2015

that seems to defeat the entire purpose of having a personal queue. What an incredibly pointless addition.

oni_dels
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

@Karma said:
    that seems to defeat the entire purpose of having a personal queue. What an incredibly pointless addition.

Pointless is relative to your perspective. If it makes them more money, there's a point.

oni_dels

@primesuspect said:

@Karma said:

Pointless is relative to your perspective. If it makes them more money, there's a point.

Obviously. But I feel like they would sell more if they actually catered the games to what I like and avoid adding stuff that is like the stuff I am not interested in.

• trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

@Karma said:
    HOLY SHIT. Either they have the worst queue building algorithm ever or they blatantly don't care. Like I would expect for it to build off the tags in the games I am not interested in. Like first queue here are 4 open world survival games in early access all of which i say I am not interested in. next queue here are 4 more open world survival games in Early Access. Like Jesus can I just filter my queues, no free to play and early access. Also skip horror because that just seems to be more open world zombie survival games.

Why are there so many open world zombie survival games in early access?

Maybe the whole reason it is the main way to get cards is so that they can force the community to test it so that they can improve their algorithm.

• trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

Would anyone be interested in going in on a 4-pack for Rocket League? So far I've got me and @Marshmellow, so we need 2 more.

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

no u

I've not been keeping an eye on CS:GO but 50% off $7.49 is the lowest I can remember seeing. Any thoughts on picking it up?

-Digi

Have #3 (Holly), #5 (The Black Ice Boys), 2x #9

Would like #2 (Zippy's Demise), #4 Twinkle, #6, #8, #10, #11

Willing to trade 1:1 for anything but would prefer to not have more than 2 of any given card.

-Digi

I have 5 11s so yeah.

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

@Karma @Gattsu Sorry I missed your messages. Throw me a trade if I have something that you can use. I usually get a bug to craft a badge and will just buy any cards I need for a set.

Also to everyone, if you don't have AllTheFuckingSteamSecurity™ enabled, there will be an escrow period for trades. I've traded for a card with someone that was held for 48 hours and another trade which required email confirmation and at least 48 hour hold. The days of easy trades are gone.

-Digi

_k
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I have AllTheFuckingSteamSecurity and there are no roadblocks. Everything seems fine.

There has been an ARG happening since Dec 24th and it is just coming to light today.

-Digi

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

ARG.png 14.2K