Streaming question: Trying to input audio into two outputs.

FreshyPFreshyP Don CheadleCyberspace Icrontian
edited January 2016 in Gaming

So, I'm trying to input audio from my gameplay to Twitch while still being able to hear that, plus a voice chat room without the stream picking up my voice chat. How can I be able to hear my gameplay, plus voice chat without Twitch picking up my voice chat audio? I've downloaded software that creates a "Virtual Audio Cable" and with that, I've been sort of successful in that I've allowed twitch to pick up the voice chat and my gameplay, but then my gameplay doesn't go through my speakers. So, again... How can I mute my voice chat to the public, but not the gameplay?

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I don't recall the specifics, but I believe I followed this guide (or used comments on it) to get everything working when I tried this
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/29k9bw/tutorial_virtual_audio_cables_and_streaming/

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

do you have any mechanical audio splitter/switches lying around?

• FreshyPFreshyP Don Cheadle Cyberspace Icrontian

I have dis

I'm fairly certain the answer you seek lies in the link I posted, not in a physical device outside your pc.

That link requires I spend 35 dollars for the software I need so that it doesn't keep saying, "trial" every other second.

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian
    edited January 2016

@Tushon said:
    I'm fairly certain the answer you seek lies in the link I posted, not in a physical device outside your pc.

yes, try tushons advice.

as a last resort. you should be able to achieve your goal with that switch. though its a lot fancier than what i used for a similar issue i had a couple years ago.

I thought about linking you to LMGTFY ... but I'll play nice this time. Searching for "free alternatives to virtual audio cable" yielded several examples that you could try, one of which is likely so close that you could use the same tutorial.

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm

It's listed as donation ware, so I don't know if they have something similar to the sound clip you were hearing, or if that is only for adding more cables, as it appeared to me.

Yes, that is what I've been using ever since the "trial" thing happened with the last one two days ago... It hasn't been much success yet, though

Ah, I see. I'm not sure then. Maybe someone else who has streamed can comment, but I don't know if they've ever been concerned with audio.