Full heroic clear. Legion coming this year. Now what?

MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von PuttenhamCalifornia Icrontian
edited March 2016 in World of Warcraft

I promised I'd make this into a thread. Hey, look, I eventually remembered!

We have heroic archimonde down, twice now, and I'm fairly certain everyone who has been coming with us has now gotten their moose, amirite?

So...

Now what shall we do?

In the past, this is the point where we turn off raiding and have a break until next expansion (I know at this point I'm long overdue for a raiding break), but we have a new crop of people than I'm used to working with, so I'd love your input.

My thoughts on each suggestion I've heard are outlined below, to help start the discussion.

On The Subject of Mythics

If this is the way you want to move forward, I will NOT be leading them. We have some folks whose performance just isn't really there right now, and this would involve a lot of intense fixing-of-problems, which has blown up in my face in the past. Couple that with the need to bench people, bring pugs, and increasing wipe probability by a factor of about a million, and you are talking about a pretty intense recipe for low morale... which in turn causes people to leave or perform worse, increasing the need for pugs and problem-fixing, decreasing morale... it's a vicious cycle I am no longer prepared to handle.

If someone else would like to run mythics, this is your time to step forward and say "I'll do it." You can take over from me at will.

On The Subject of Alts

Alt runs have become more prevalent. This is something we can do more of, if you like.

On The Subject of Farming

Usually we as a raid farm gear in order to increase progression. If we are not planning on doing Mythics, farming gear is a bit on the pointless side. That's just my opinion, though. Perhaps you have another you'd like to share?

On The Subject of Old Content

This is a viable option. We can spend a month getting mounts and achievements, if you like.

On The Subject of PVP

I doubt anyone wants to get a crack RBG team or a 5man arena group going, but hell, if you want, I suppose we can.

On The Subject of Just Shutting Up and Waiting Until Legion

This is a viable option by a long shot. We don't HAVE to have organized play going on.

PLEASE add to the discussion. And PLEASE remember that, outside of raiding, I'm not really leading anything. You can stand up and say "I'm organizing this," if you like. Don't necessarily look at me to make the decision.

primesuspect

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

I need my moose.
    I would like to get at least 1 Archie kill and maybe 2 depending on what drops.
    I would also like to get my 4 piece, but I am very late to the party in the whole gear thing.

primesuspectSazbean
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Mythics are kind of where I want to head, (as in Mythic HFC) but I agree that it is a whole new can of worms. I feel like most of us are mythic-raiding ready but there are a few of us who might need to be benched for mistakes/low performance (I include myself in this group). A good look at the infographic logs on AskMrRobot tells the story: many of our group are operating at about 50% capacity in terms of avoidable damage, DPS for their class, and other things like reliably bringing best food/potions/flasks/pre-pots. I mean, look at my performance on our last heroic archie kill: it wasn't great. I did alright but not great. 48.4k dps, which puts me in the 10th percentile for my class at my gear score (atrocious). 26th percentile for shadow priests for this fight. Obviously I need to take a good hard look at what I'm doing wrong and fix it to become good enough for mythic raiding. I'm pretty good at avoiding damage though of course that could be better too. On our archie fight I actually performed close to the top of our group for avoidable damage so I really have that fight's choreography down... I just suck at doing damage while dancing apparently. These are the kinds of things each of us will have to do; pore over logs, analyze fights, min/max our stats and gear, and actively improve what we suck at.... all while still realizing we may have to sit out for the good of the group.

We're capable of doing mythics; we did them in SoO and they weren't a morale killer. It was a similar situation; end of x-pac, waiting for next, and willing to make very slow progress through mythics. I think we can do it, but we just might have to make some tough choices.

@Ryder We'll get you your moose for sure. Also your 4-set.

• LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian

I am totally down for mounts and achievements. I am also down for working towards Mythic HFC. Obviously there is going to be a lot of give and take in the Mythic group, so I like the option to go and do other things as well. I know that we might not be able to fully fill a Mythic HFC but I know that there are certainly enough of us to at least try.

Also, Gearing Up Saturday Nights will continue. We can obviously clear 1st floor and continue onto the 2nd floor if people have the time and/or want to run all night! I am happy to help where I can, even if that means being benched and running other content with fellow guildies who either don't want to do mythics or are fellow "benchies" :crazy:

• I need my comments to be taken at a lesser value than the others. I am essentially a pug, and my thoughts should not affect any group decisions one way or another. I'm fine with that, I made a decision to commit elsewhere and happy to help out where I can without a voice. That said, I was asked to comment so here goes:

Mythics - I won't do mythics with IC, beyond the occasional helping out here and there. I raid with you guys because I like hanging out with you (or, most of you), it's relaxing and fun. Mythics are neither. I experience enough stress doing mythics, I don't want any more. If the opportunities dry up for Mikalion and I can get my mage geared up, then I would be willing to think about it. But for now, I'm out.

Alts - I'm gearing up an alt at IC, so I'm excited about alt runs.

Farming - I will aid as long as Ryder and whoever else needs their moose. Beyond that, I would be interested in getting my mage in the mix, but I'm going with the flow on this one.

Old Content - Mounts? Achieves? Nuff said. I'll be there, just let me know when.

PVP - Am highly interested in PVP, but only if there is a commitment. It's sort of like CMs--I'm all for it but only if there is a commitment made and we stick to it. I did very well two seasons ago and had a lot of fun, and if there is another mount at the end of it, I'm golden.

Nothing - Not sure this IS a viable option. We get together to hang out and do stuff, so not hanging out and doing stuff sounds like a waste of time to me. :)

Thanks for letting me add my voice to the mix!

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

My goals as of today in descending priority:
    1: "Git gud" again and get a magic moose.
    I stopped raiding earlier because I needed to focus on school obligations. After those past I felt too out-of-date to raid and haven't been able to catch up to what I feel that point is yet.
    2: Complete Herald so I can get that mage up to 100. Really enjoying Fire Mage.
    3: Work on other alts in the meantime.
    4: Strive for the beryl hawk.
    Today I noticed I have to stop transmog farming on my current mains since I'm running out of total inventory space ... again.

What I'd like to do with Icrontic:
    1: Raid older content for achievements, mounts, and transmog.
    2: Challenge modes.
    I'm always down for more mounts and achievements, and I'm willing to put in the effort for challenge modes.
    I will not do mythic HFC, the inferiority complex this game gives me would prevent me from having any fun with that.
    I'd also be down for PvP once I get some alts up to par, but that is a ways away.

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

If you need sick hunter deeps. I can get back in the saddle.

@MikQuattro said:
    I like hanging out with you (or, most of you)

you.... you bastard...

RyderRahnalH102Levex
    1. HFC achievements for the Infernal Direwolf. That would give us another "moose" to work toward.
    2. Alts are fun.
    3. Possible team up with Dressed for mythics??? IDK.
  • Lets do the Upgrade rings that can be usefull until the raid in legion!! and the alt sound good i can help when is posible!!.

BUT NOP MYTHIC RAID DRAMA!!! LETS THAT TO PERSONAL DOING!!! NO OUR WONDERFULL GUILD!!!

• Im at the point were doing heroic hfc is boreing on ibby So might just play my rogue and druid alt soon and sit ibby till legion .Mythic hfc would be cool but i dont see it happening.

• PixiPixi Member

Mythics - I won't be part of this group for mythics, or at least on my warrior. I wouldn't mind a bit to fill a spot on an alt, provided that I can gear one to the respective level, but I'm afraid it would take a large commitment from everyone to get mythics rolling, and the vibe seems to be shifting towards legion, which is totally fine considering it's so close.

Alts All for gearing alts, I've got a 700 mage and 680ish DK to work on.

Farming Right now I'm in HFC 6 nights a week, and I'm starting to get tired of that. If Icrontic continues to farm on Sunday and Monday, I'll always pop in when I can, but I don't know that I'll be able to make every single night like in the past.

**Old Content ** I don't really do achievements much, but wouldn't mind going for some of the mounts.

PvP Sign me up! I'd like to do RBGS again, some of the funnest times I had in wow were with the groups I did 2200 with in rbgs.

Stopping I mean, I suppose that's really up to everyone in the guild. I'll always still be in mumble regardless if we are doing any actual raiding.

What I would love to do: Challenge modes!

• ArkimArkim Member

I know I am still a new guy but here is my opinion: :)

I like helping in any way I can and I like getting achievements and mounts. Some of he things I would like to do before legion are:

Do the Pandarian raids on normal or above difficulty.

Do Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry on normal difficulty or above.

I don't have the moose mount yet, i would like to try and get it if possible but I am ok if not.

You guys have been great helping me get gear and I will be fine helping with anything that is decided. ;D

• The natural course of progression would be to get started on mythics, but I personally have no interest there. I do however have a great interest in doing older content for achievements and mounts, also achievements for all the raids this expansion, dungeons included.

That being said, I am all for helping people out when I am around and available to do gear-up runs or anything similar. A few of you have my facebook info to contact me if you need me! I just don't want to commit fully to anything weekly other than whatever we plan to do with our Sunday/Monday raids.

Congratulations, IC, we beat the game.

Heroic HFC progression is now done. All active raiders have Ahead of the Curve and their gloriously glowing mooses.

Now we can sit back, relax, and have goof-off time until Legion arrives. It's like going on vacation!

I'd like everybody to compile a list of bucket list items; things they'd like to accomplish with the help of the guild. We'll spend our Sunday and Monday time slots on going down these lists and helping people get their stuff done. Saturdays will still be gear-up/alt raids with @Levex, so if you still want to get your tier pieces or gear up an alt, we'll still be doing that.

Things I'd like to do:

I'd like for these to be Guild achievements, so at least 8 of us need to go :)

Levex
  • LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian

I am in on all of these! I have a couple but I know how to do some of the achievements and I am happy to help everyone get as many as possible!!!

Also, as @primesuspect mentioned Saturday night runs will continue at 7 pm cst. Please remember these runs are to help everyone gear Alts and/or less active members who want to gear for legion. I will be continuing to gear my Bear Tank in hopes of getting some practice tanking under my belt before Legion! Please remember to park your mains outside HFC for extra dps to help everyone successfully gear!

Also, CONGRATS and AMAZING job to everyone last night for really giving it your all! Great team work and communication! I can't wait for a couple more expansions so we can go in there and roast Archie with some payback for all our efforts and wipes, LOL!

Looking forward to seeing you Saturday for some fun and SUPER excited to run some fun achievement runs with you all on Sunday/Monday!

• Im just gonna play my alt druid and rogue now most likely unless i can get into mythic hfc with ibby

Kethark is on vacation. He's just tooling around the world and fishing. No dailies, no garrison, no dungeons, no tokens, no chores. Just fishin'.

Strikes
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

"There is no good. No evil. No Light. There is only FISH!"

• SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2016

Top priorities:

• Clearing Heroic of the other Legion raids (this should be pretty quick?).
    • Gearing up some Alts for kicks.
    • Achievements in current and old content.
    • Having goofy fun with great group of people while Dan sings in his Kermit voice.

I'm not really interested in mythics -- mostly because I enjoy playing with this group of people specifically because we have fun. Mythics are just work, and I have enough of that with my job currently. If we decide to run them, I probably could be talked into it. We're soon getting into the summer months which will make it more difficult to put together a team consistently.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

I heard progression raid is on hold, yeah?

@Myrmidon said:
    I heard progression raid is on hold, yeah?

You read my posts like I listen to your raid instructions

http://icrontic.com/discussion/comment/933683/#Comment_933683

LevexRahnalH102Ryder

TONIGHT 8PM EST: Very fast HEROIC Highmail and Blackrock Foundry kills (Guild Group STRONGLY preferred so we can do guild achievements), then possibly mythic highmaul!

• TwoheartedTwohearted New Boston, MI Member
    edited April 2016

Ummmm i am not sure honestly.

I boosted up a Dwarf warrior (Fedoshin) to tank with and my wife is now learning to heal on her Gnome priest (Chanuk). We figured this would give us the most opportunities since prior we were both DPS. We are both around ilevel 700 thanks to Ashran farming, so we are looking to anything that involves not sitting in a Garrison. We really don't have any goals other than trying to keep interested especially since it's probably too late to bother with anything this far in the expansion. It can be PVE or PVP related doesn't matter. We are on most nights, but guild chat is pretty desolate lately.

Later.

p.s. Ohh wait i did think of one goal... Collect some tramsorg stuff.

primesuspect

It really feels like most of the core group just decided to take a break from the game entirely; for the last three weekends we've had low to no turnout for our normally scheduled game nights. Hard to raid when 3 people show up.

Late expansion fatigue is real. People are goofing off leveling alts while some of the hardcore raiders have gone off to raid with other guilds. I have a feeling we're sort of just done for the next couple of weeks until people get that nostalgia bug kickin' in and say "man I miss the guild!" and come back for some kind of unorganized fun run until Legion is here.

We'll probably see a big resurgence of the guild for the big Legion pre-patch. NOt sure when that's coming.

I'd still LOVE to get at least 8 guildies together to finish heroic highmaul and blackrock foundry. Most people seemed excited about it but then nobody showed up. We only need 8!

On a side note: Kethark is literally one fish away from "Salty". I got third place in the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza. WHOA

LevexMAGICTwohearted
  • TwoheartedTwohearted New Boston, MI Member

Congrats on that Title. I am sure that was painless endeavor ... lol

primesuspect
  • SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

I was at a conference, then we had Easter, and then I went on vacation. I'm up for getting together again -- either to clear out HHM or HBF, or to work on achievements. I'll be on this Sunday, but I'd be late on Monday night due to a volleyball game. Or we can run a bunch of alts through shit -- don't care -- miss you guys :)

• ArkimArkim Member

I am up for anything, it is tough for me to be on Sunday evenings since that is our family get together night. Saturday evenings are hit and miss for me too. I have better luck getting on around 10pm central time most nights, but I know that is too late for a lot of people.

I just spent most of my gold on 3 months of game time so I plan on hitting some old raids again for mount drops and gold. If anyone would like to join me just give me a shout. I will get on mumble when I will be able to talk without getting wife aggro :) I plan on running the 25 heroic cataclysm raids and ICC, plus I am going to work on getting the dungeon achievements (wrath, cata, panda) for those mounts as well.

It has been rough here for the last two weeks. There has been at least one sick person everyday for that time period so I couldn't dedicate any long time game time.

I've finally used the lvl 100 boost I've been sitting on for my priest in the guild. Was kinda hoping for the fire mage but we're still not done with that yet so whatever.

I'm in the final weeks of this semester and once that's done I'll be putting more time into what's left to do before the prepatch.