Team 93 back on a downward slide

2»

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Yeah, it looks like I had a GPU thread that had been stuck at 99.99% for a day or two. Killed F@H entirely and restarted, and it submitted and continued. Then, of course, it promptly crashed the graphics drivers, so... starting it back up again, and crossing my fingers.

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    When I fire up FAHcontrol, it just says "connecting". it won't connect to the client.

One of my rigs sits like this for 5-10 minutes after reboot, then finally connects. Folding service is running the whole time, though, so I think the issue is just the FAHcontrol.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

The 0s on my page today tell me things have crashed again. To be honest, I'm starting to fear for my hardware, so I think I'm going to let it lie for a while and look at diagnostics. I just can't afford for things to burn out right now.

• sgstairsgstair Reverse Engineer Redmond, WA Icrontian

@primesuspect yeah this is actually what I ran into also. There seems to be a bug in some WU termination recently which hangs the fahclient. After 3 tries of restarting fahclient, refolding the same WUs and encountering the same hang, I ultimately renamed the work folder and restarted the client, things have progressed from there and I haven't seen it since, but I've followed up on the forum sending them a process dump in case they haven't figured it out on their own.
    The symptom is: fahcontrol can't connect, fahclient is using one full cpu core, and the log ends/stops at a FINISHED_UNIT line.

primesuspect
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

I got a new bed for my printer that doesn't require as much babysitting, as such, its downtime is MUCH lower than before, and my folding has taken a back seat to me making plastic trinkets all day long.

_k
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

Well the A/C has been turned on, that means I'll be dropping out of the top 10 till fall. I'll keep pushing hard till I make my goal of 3 mil, then folding will need to be only while I'm at work.

Garg
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

I think the solution is obvious. Buy an old Victorian house with high ceilings so you don't need AC. :D

bells
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

Bye bye @Gargoyle.

Heads up @drasnor.

I really should find a better outlet for my somewhat competitive side. Keep up the good work everyone! :fold:

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

My client isn't connecting anymore, and for some reason installing a new client always hangs up! I will have to do some googling.

Sonorous
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Usually deleting contents of work folder will clear it, but you could possibly be more selective.
    C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\FAHClient\work

I've had my main rig off recently to test power consumption changes. We had a really high power bill, but I think that was also due to figuring out the right combo of settings on Nest.

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

@Sonorous said:
    Bye bye @Gargoyle.

Heads up @drasnor.

I really should find a better outlet for my somewhat competitive side. Keep up the good work everyone! :fold:

Be sure to wave when you drive by.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@drasnor said:

@Sonorous said:
    Bye bye @Gargoyle.

Heads up @drasnor.

Be sure to wave when you drive by.

:grumble:

drasnor
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

ahem Doing my part.

SonorousLinc
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

I added a client. Just one for now. Going to talk to my supervisor about installing on all agency machines. No promises, though.

QCHSonorousprimesuspect