Overwatch

Comments

• TF3 is a damn good game.

pigflipper
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

lol @ "Shitowmaker"

UPSLynxdark_archespigflipper
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian

I just cannot figure out Shield Girl (to ref previous naming sheet). Maybe she's more effective when playing against people? (I've only bots). Butt Girl has no fish to slap people with, thus no interest. Cannot get Kong to be effective, at all.

Surprised I'm liking DJ. Really seem to get into a decent groove with Gamer Girl, Rocket Girl, and Mordekai.
    It's fun. Enough that I'm poking at the contest for the game and headset, but not sure I am up to drop the bucks on it.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

I've been tinkering with it this weekend, and it IS stupid fun, but I just don't think I have time for organized gaming any more. This blows donkey nuts.

• @Snarkasm said:
    I've been tinkering with it this weekend, and it IS stupid fun, but I just don't think I have time for organized gaming any more. This blows donkey nuts.

See that is what I love about it. It feels like a drop in and go kind of experience. A couple rounds are over in 15 minutes, you get a little taste, enjoy your PC then get back to all the stuff grown men have on their plates. It's not like WOW where there isn't a lot of value if you are ultra casual. TF3 welcomes casual players in a way that no other Battle.net title does.

Sure, but does that mean it's worth the $60? I haven't gotten a chance to play with ICers yet, and I don't know how often I'd get to in the future. That's how I'd have fun, so I just don't know if I'm willing to spend that on the chance I get that time.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@Snarkasm said:
    Sure, but does that mean it's worth the $60? I haven't gotten a chance to play with ICers yet, and I don't know how often I'd get to in the future. That's how I'd have fun, so I just don't know if I'm willing to spend that on the chance I get that time.

$40!

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

@NullenVoyd said:
    I just cannot figure out Shield Girl (to ref previous naming sheet). Maybe she's more effective when playing against people? (I've only bots). ... Cannot get Kong to be effective, at all.

Those two definitely are better with a team energizing with them. Most of the tanks are like that. Small to Medium amounts of damage and some sort of defensive ability for the team.

@Snarkasm said:

The base version of the game is $40. $60 version if you want all the extra goodies (4 skins and other Blizz game goodies.)

• FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

There are a few more pre-order bonuses for the $60 version from non-blizzard sources
    Amazon: -20% for Prime customers on preorders and new releases
    Gamestop: Mini baby Winston figure and a poster
    Best buy: Overwatch heroes metal plate, 20% discount for Gamers Club members
    (source random reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4axqmp/open_beta_and_preorder_stuff_you_need_to_know/)

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

@Ilriyas showing off his fancy POTG animation

Ilriyas

Oh, I see... when I went to playoverwatch.com, it defaults to the origin edition, which is the $60.

I shall ponder. Maybe things'll get better when we move.

Ok fine bought.

Cliff_ForsterGnomeQueenBobbyDigiRyanFodder
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

I have come to a conclusion. It's a fun game. I wish it was harder.

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore.

UPSLynxcola
    edited May 2016

I think Mountain Dew makes XTREME INFINITE MAXIMUM WARFARE for totally elite players. I never qualified to demo it because you have to be a proven ELITE GAMER to even get a code to download it.

DontCallMeKelsoUPSLynx
  • @Karma said:

I think we are at a point where the community is all new and figuring out the strategy and mechanics. The playing field is level so for TF2 vets TF3 is a slightly easier transition.

Also, the play mechanics are less busy. I think TF2 had gotten out of hand with the modes and weapon and ability selection. TF3 stock configuration, it's nice to get to a back to basics aproach in a team shooter.

edited May 2016

When you're playing Bastion on attack
    https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CiChmGMWUAAlfdH.mp4

BobbyDigiDontCallMeKelsocolaCliff_Forster

@Karma said:

This is the most Karma thing I have ever heard Karma say.

GnomeQueenRahnalH102
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian

Anyone else getting moments where everything gets jumbled? Like players shoot around randomly in impossible ways and actions don't seem to go off or go off repeatedly in quick succession? I'd mark it up to net burps, but I've not seen lag be so... absolutely effing chaotic!

That was the best thing I've ever seen you post, Karma :D

My only response is that this game is still in beta. In September 2007 you had no idea TF2 had that much depth. Nobody did. The game hasn't even launched yet, so I would say not to judge a game that is not released yet versus a game that has had almost ten years of player exploration and development.

Canti

@NullenVoyd said:
    Anyone else getting moments where everything gets jumbled? Like players shoot around randomly in impossible ways and actions don't seem to go off or go off repeatedly in quick succession? I'd mark it up to net burps, but I've not seen lag be so... absolutely effing chaotic!

There is actually known problems with certain ISPs that causes this issue. I can barely get 30 minutes in before I get a disconnected from BattleNet servers thing that pops up.

@primesuspect said:
    That was the best thing I've ever seen you post, Karma :D

My only response is that this game is still in beta. In September 2007 you had no idea TF2 had that much depth. Nobody did. The game hasn't even launched yet, so I would say not to judge a game that is not released yet versus a game that has had almost ten years of player exploration and development.

I am not writing the game off. But that also being said TF2 today is not the same tf2 of 2010 I fell in love with. It's probably pretty well documented that I am not a particular fan of the direction TF2 has gone.

I think the shooters that I love ala TF2 circa 2009 and UT and UT 2004 have gone the way of the dodo.

_kCanti

@Karma said:
    I have no idea what it is about Overwatch but aiming seems too easy. Like the hit boxes are giant. I swear if you are just in the general vicinity it counts as a hit.

A big part of this is the current tickrate of the beta. Blizzard confirmed a tickrate of 20.8 for the beta. This is super low for any shooter, and ends up being quite noticeable (in the form of kills that look like they should have never happened). They've confirmed that launch will be higher (60 I think), and possibly even higher for ranked competitive.

For reference, CS:GO and Unreal Tournament are at 54 (128 for CS:GO competitive). Anyways, could be why it feels the way it does. I know I've sure felt that in regards to shots that seem "off" still connecting.