_k
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Underoos!

100% in.

_k
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

_kAlexDeGruvenChoochRahnalH102
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

I am like the worst "nerd" movie goer. I haven't seen a superhero movie since the first Captain America. Wait nevermind I guess I saw avengers but I fell asleep a few times so I don't really count it.

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

I'm so far behind on these. I think I'll just wait until they are all done and then binge

That will be one hell of a binge.

GnomeQueen
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    That will be one hell of a binge.

heh, no worse than 192 episodes of 24

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited March 2016

So stoked to see Spiderman's IP back in Marvel's hands and not Sony.

Maybe we'll get a dedicated Spiderman movie that isn't shit for once.

Oh man nevermind, they're making one for release in 2017. Super fucking excited.

On another note, hopefully with Deadpool's success we'll get a legitimate not-terrible Punisher film. After his performance in Dirty Laundry I'd love to see Thomas Jane reprise the role.

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

@fatcat said:
    I'm so far behind on these. I think I'll just wait until they are all done and then binge

I feel like this should help

Fucking perfect. Probably my new favorite Marvel movie; or at least top three. Fantastic. I'm so glad they're finally going a bit more into the characters' motivations and emotions about what they do.

Also, I REALLY think they nailed it with the casting for Spidey.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Same as prime on all counts.

Aunt May, tho...

primesuspect
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

I need to see this movie again... And again... And again.

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

@Thrax said:
    Same as prime on all counts.

Aunt May, tho...

I'm not going to complain about staring at Marisa Tomei though.

Thrax

Spoiler:

• The movie itself was amazing, but considering the scope of the Marvel cinematic universe it felt like a certain something could have happened for greater impact. I won't say to keep it spoiler free.

For the record, enjoyed the Andrew Garfield Spider Man when other folks didn't, that said, this film nails it. It's fun, it's campy, he won't shut up, it's how I always imagined him in the comics. Phenomenal interpretation of my favorite character.

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited May 2016

Good movie, but I was hoping for a stronger villain. Harry Potter had to have Harry Potter and the Sad Camping Trip before we could get to the Deathly Hallows, so I guess it was about time for a "mommy and daddy are fighting" emo Iron Man just to work up some character development. Just makes me that much more excited for Infinity War.

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

Alas, but I am in lust with Agent Carter. And I fear I may miss her too much to really enjoy the film. I'm such a sap sometimes.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Agreed. This movie was awesome. Spidey was my favorite part.

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

Spiderman and Black Panther casting were on point. Really hope they keep the actors for their upcoming films.

Movie overall was great, a little heavy on shaky cam but eh it didn't detract from my enjoyment.

• brightbright Icrontian

Spidey was funny, and there were some nice parts but I doubt I'd watch it again.

• AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@Ilriyas said:
    Spiderman and Black Panther casting were on point. Really hope they keep the actors for their upcoming films.

They are.

Ilriyas
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Saw it last night, thought it was great. A touch too long, though (damn near 3 hours).

I'm hitting cape movie fatigue, though. Marvel's schedule is just so aggressive, and if you want to stay on top of the full story, you're pretty much dealing with a film every six months. So many plotlines and characters to keep track of. I didn't see Ant-Man and felt like I was missing out on some important chunks of Civil War as a result.

I don't feel like any of these movies have a chance to really stand out anymore. None of them are memorable to me, they've all just blurred together. Civil War, Age of Ultron, The Dark World, they just go on and on. The only real standout for me from the last 5 or so years has been Winter Soldier, and that's mostly because that movie was super good. The heavy VFX laden super hero action film genre is so full these days that they don't feel special in the way they used to when they were much more infrequent.

That being said, I do love the amount of character development they've been able to do across these films, and I appreciate the narrative direction they've been taking. Fun to watch the whole thing play out as if you're reading a 20 book long comic series arc.

I really enjoyed that Civil War wasn't really an apocalypse film. That is to say, there wasn't a giant, terrible evil villain who was -this close- to destroying the planet or universe. With the evil villains escalating each film up to Ultron, it was getting harder and harder for me to care about those angles. Nice to have a film where they deal with human emotion and consequence as the antagonist.

Also, I LOVE seeing a film that actually explores the consequence of the city-leveling super fights that we've been seeing in these comic films. You can't have a film where New York gets completely leveled, and then the fallout of such a battle is never explored or even mentioned. It's a great angle to take for Civil War.

Also also, agreed on the new Spidey. A touch younger than I was expecting, but he was potrayed exactly how I hoped he would be. I can't wait for his new film (also Blank Panther, because he was awesome).

Cliff_Forster

@UPSLynx said:
    (also Blank Panther, because he was awesome).

That's racist

colaUPSLynx
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

For what it's worth, I didn't see AntMan until the day after Civil War - you're not missing much. The largest reference they make to the film is his initial interaction with Falcon, but the reference is such a small part of the AntMan movie that you shouldn't feel too bad about it. The stinger of AntMan is a Civil War clip.

As a counter to @UPSLynx, I've kept up with the films (other than Hulk) and really appreciate that it seems like one big storybook. I don't mind how intertwined the character's stories are (isn't that kinda how comic books are?) I agree that the individual films don't really stand apart from one another when taking the entire story into account - but for me that doesn't necessarily matter. The moments within the films are what keeps me coming back.

primesuspectRyder