No Half-Life 2 Episode 3 in 2010

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Counter-Strike 2: bunny hopping becomes the standard method of movement around a map; players are banned for walking.
  • Joe
    edited May 2010
    I think Valve needs to take it's time, i would rather wait a decade for a really good game rather than just have a mediokre or TERRIBLE game come out every year EX:Madden
  • edited November 2010
    It's been three years, episodic or not that's a long time and they haven't released so much as a screenshot. I gave up waiting and let my opinion of valve drop a bit.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I hate to admit that I agree with you. At least mention something about it. They've been busy working other games, and they haven't said a word about Ep 3 in years.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Gordon Freeman is stuck in the future, 2012 to be exact, and in Ukraine

8839d1174518968-gordon-freeman-dead-_-l06_rostok-.jpg
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    What game is that Fatcat?
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Gate28 wrote:
    What game is that Fatcat?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:
    I hate to admit that I agree with you. At least mention something about it. They've been busy working other games, and they haven't said a word about Ep 3 in years.

They are just repeating the success formula for Half Life 2. Remember, Half Life 2 felt like that game that would never arrive, but somehow, absence made the heart grow fonder.

I trust in Valve, they know what they are doing. When it gets here, and it will, eventually.... It will be quality.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:
    I sense your faith is weak. Learn from a true fanboy and follow in the footsteps of Cliff
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:

Funny_Pictures_Star-Wars_Lack_of_Faith.jpg
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    5PAeX.jpg
    edited November 2010
    Bandrik wrote:
    5PAeX.jpg
    All the DOTAs are better than a nerd with a crowbar and a major speech impediment.
    edited November 2010
    Tushon wrote:
    All the DOTAs are better than a nerd with a crowbar and a major speech impediment.

FightingWords.GIF
    edited November 2010
    That DOTA shoop will be better than the entire game.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    The troll is strong in this one.
    edited November 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    That DOTA shoop will be better than the entire game.

My aim is to please. :vimp:
    edited November 2010
    I noticed that the font in DOTA 2's logo is Trajan. I decided to continue my shoopfest. I bring you this.

Tq7QR.jpg
    edited November 2010
    Bandrik wrote:
    I noticed that the font in DOTA 2's logo is Trajan. I decided to continue my shoopfest. I bring you this.

Tq7QR.jpg
    Your trollfest is appreciated
    edited November 2010
    <3
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

It has been 10 years today since Half-Life 2: Episode 3 was announced.

MAGIC
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

And still not the longest development cycle. Definitely getting close though.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

@GnomeWizardd said:
    Episode 3 is prolly done they are probably working on portal 2 and other to bundle with it in orange box 2.0

We were so optimistic...

GnomeQueen_k

Cliff_Forster

That video seriously hurts to watch. Valve couldn't be more dead to me. Call me entitled all you want, but the spark is gone. 12 years of empty promises is too much for me. The only Valve product I've cared about in the last half decade is TF2, and as of tonight, I now have Overwatch. Those guys can keep their summer game sales, DOTA 2 and hats. Don't need em anymore.

PirateNinjaTiberiusLazarusBasil

I would probably wait for it to hit $10. Not worth it any more.

MAGIC_kBasil
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

Yeah, if they've been working on it for 12 years the graphics probably suck anyways. Would not buy.

Look, if I can become a Star Wars fan again, I'm ready for anything. The day HL2:Ep3 or HL3 is announced, I'll be all over that shit, jumping for joy, crying man tears, etc.

In the meantime: CLOVERFIELD IS HALF-LIFE

Cliff_Forster
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:
    That video seriously hurts to watch. [...], but the spark is gone. 12 years of empty promises is too much for me.

If they produced a HL3 it would be nice just to have a close out on the story and series, or a close out on Valve as a game company. Even if it is a horrible piece of garbage there isn't the question of what could have been. We saw it with Duke Nukem, seems lucky that IP got so tied up it killed the isometric Nukem game that was in production, so there isn't any wonder because you just vomit when you think of how done that franchise is.

@Linc said:

@UPSLynx said:
    Valve couldn't be more dead to me. Call me entitled all you want, but the spark is gone. 12 years of empty promises is too much for me.

If Half Life 3 dropped today, you'd take it all back.

I'm not saying I would never buy it or play it, but I recognize that I'll likely be disappointed in it no matter what. Gaming has changed too much, and I don't have a lot of faith that the Valve of today is able to adapt to the modern world of Shooters. We all love Half-Life for what it was - a 90's/2000's shooter. But that kind of style just doesn't work anymore. Half-Life 3 would almost certainly have some kind of stupid moneitization hook, like the crates/keys combo valve puts in everything these days.

Very, very rarely does a game franchise go quiet for 12+ years, then make a return without being completely and utterly disappointing. There are big lessons to be learned in games like Duke Nukem Forever.