Expo 2016: Travel Plans and Guidelines

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited May 2016

I gave up fancy emoji because Vanilla isn't compliant with Unicode, apparently. :(

Would this work:
    (fly) Munich to Detroit
    (train or rent car) Detroit to Cincinnati
    (ride with Icrontians) Cincinnati to Detroit
    (fly) Detroit to Munich

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

@Gargoyle said:
    I gave up fancy emoji because Vanilla isn't compliant with Unicode, apparently. :(

Would this work:
    (fly) Munich to Detroit
    (fly) Detroit to Munich

LOL. You said train like it's a viable travel method in the US. The only train from Detroit to Cincinnati goes through Chicago.

Ryderprimesuspect
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Man if there were a train to Cincinnati I'd visit WAY more often

LevexCB
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

@CrazyJoe said:
    LOL. You said train like it's a viable travel method in the US. The only train from Detroit to Cincinnati goes through Chicago.

I thought surely there would be a N/S route on the W side of Ohio, but nope.

I kind of like taking the train to Detroit from Chambana, other than the 5+ hour layover in Chicago. Now I usually just take it for ICSP or ICNY to avoid bad roads.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

@Gargoyle said:

Would this work:
    (fly) Munich to Detroit
    (fly) Detroit to Munich

It could work, but - not only are my tickets already purchased - it's not insignificantly more expensive to get the fight that stops in Detroit.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2016

@Gargoyle said:

Vanilla can, but it requires a database encoding change that frankly scares me enough to dissuade me from messing with it because I'd probably have to set aside half a day and take the site down for a few hours. Part of being a very old site is that stuff that Just Works™ on a newly created site is sometimes a PITA to implement.

Gargmertesn
  • LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian

Is it time for Expo yet? ......sigh

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

LevexaspieRommel
  • aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

@AlexDeGruven I won't lie, when that popped up it scared the shit out of me. :)

AlexDeGruven

I will be leaving Indianapolis early (maybe 4am EDT) Saturday, June 18th. If at all possible, I would like to convoy with @UPSKingpin and @DontCallMeKelso (I am driving a "cocked pistol", after all). If not possible, does anyone know the best route to take?

I booked my flight. I managed to get a direct flight from Orlando to Detroit for $43 on Spirit Airlines. My flight arrives at 9PM on Monday, June 20. @aspieRommel said in the thread about the Tigers game he could pick me up. If that still holds I'm golden. I will be riding back to Cincinnati with the Ohio Crew and then flying out of Cincinnati after visiting with my family for a few days.

GnomeQueen
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Gonna need a pickup at DTW Tuesday night.

Southwest Flight 2222
    Arrives: DETROIT, MI at 11:45 PM

No return, I'll be catching a ride to Indiana to Hoosier it up following Expo.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2016

The Digis' Itinerary

American Flight 2442

TUE JUN 21
    LOS ANGELES 12:28 PM - DALLAS FT WORTH 5:39 PM
    DALLAS FT WORTH 8:15 PM - DETROIT METRO 11:59 PM

MON JUN 27
    DETROIT METRO 8:55 PM - PHOENIX 10:10 PM
    PHOENIX 10:37 PM - LOS ANGELES 11:59 PM

Will need pickup Tuesday night at midnight, probably could work out same pickup as @UPSLynx. I'm sure he won't mind waiting the extra 15 for us as much as he loves airports ;)

-Digi

UPSLynx
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

I've updated the original post with a consolidated arrival/departure schedule. Please double-check to make sure that your arrival/departure times are correct and that I haven't missed anyone.

I'll handle the pickup of @UPSLynx and clan @BobbyDigi on Tuesday night.

BobbyDigiprimesuspectUPSLynx
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2016

Change of plans, flying instead of driving cause only had 3 days of vacation (yay taking a half day for travel)

Tue Jun 21
    Delta 3704 Boston 2:10PM - Raleigh 4:15PM
    Delta 294 Raliegh 7:22PM - Detroit 9:15PM

Sun Jun 26
    Delta 244 Detroit 9:55PM - Boston 11:46PM

I'll need a pick up/drop off, hopefully I can figure something out between now and then.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@DontCallMeKelso said:
    Change of plans, flying instead of driving cause only had 3 days of vacation (yay taking a half day for travel)

Tue Jun 21

Sun Jun 26

I'll need a pick up/drop off, hopefully I can figure something out between now and then.

I should be able to pick you up.

DontCallMeKelso

@UPSLynx said:

Southwest Flight 2222

In regards to pickup from DTW, it depends on how long the game that @CrazyJoe and I are going to.

As for Indiana, I'm up for giving you and/or @UPSKingpin a ride back to Indiana.

• StackStack Sassy and short Icrontian

I am ready for expo

UPSKingpin
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

I'll be leaving Chicago area at 9:30 am Central and arriving around 4:00 pm Eastern. Anyone need a ride?

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

No offense @QCH but I don't want to have to rely on your for a ride, ever again. (nothing to do with your driving, of course)

mertesn

@DontCallMeKelso said:

Tue Jun 21

Sun Jun 26

Ugh. Three hour layover in Raleigh doesn't look fun.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

@CrazyJoe said:
    Ugh. Three hour layover in Raleigh doesn't look fun.

Yup... I tried to book direct but used my miles and that was the only one

@aspieRommel said:

@UPSLynx said:

Southwest Flight 2222

In regards to pickup from DTW, it depends on how long the game that @CrazyJoe and I are going to.

It's about a 30 minute drive from Comerica to DTW. Unless the game goes into Extra Innings I think we'd be able to get to the airport by Midnight.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@CrazyJoe said:

@aspieRommel said:

@UPSLynx said:

Southwest Flight 2222

It's about a 30 minute drive from Comerica to DTW. Unless the game goes into Extra Innings I think we'd be able to get to the airport by Midnight.

It's already covered anyway. First post has arrivals, departures, and drivers as they're available.

GHoosdum

@Ryder said:
    No offense @QCH but I don't want to have to rely on your for a ride, ever again. (nothing to do with your driving, of course)

Ouch! But I understand... :horrified:

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2016

If all goes to plan:

Landing: DTW 16:05 (local time, I think) on June 15th, by Delta Airlines. Flight number is KL 6120.
    Takeoff: DTW 21:49 (still local, I think) on July 5th, by Delta Airlines flight KL 6048.

Edit: someone pick me up from the airport, pretty please?

primesuspect

OH LAWD

mertesn

QCHChooch
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

Driving up from Fort Wayne on the Wed the 22nd after my car is back from the mechanic's. Returning on Sunday 26th after breakfast.

I have a room at the "Americas Best Value Inn - Dearborn" with one Queen bed. There is enough room for someone on the floor or share the bed with me (if you are not wigged out by that idea). I'm not looking to split the cost evenly, $20 a night is fine. I got if for $60 a night (after taxes).

primesuspectMAGIC