Holy Crap, I Can See!

ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
edited May 2016 in Events

I got my eyes checked last week for the first time since I was a kid. Turns out, I had slight astigmatism in one eye. Suddenly, at 31 years of age, I have to wear glasses. Kind of jarring but holy crap, now that I have them I suddenly realize just how much I was straining during my average day-to-day life. Suddenly the screens I look at all day look so crisp and clear!

PSA: Get your eyes checked regularly. Eye issues can creep up on you. Like me stealthily taking the last donut...

GargStrikesBuddyJRahnalH102Cliff_Forster

Comments

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

Those look pretty cute on you!

_k
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

I've needed glasses for a while but I just never get used to them. My hands interact with my face so much it's going to be difficult with glasses. I've got an appointment with an optometrist next month for an unrelated issue and I'll probably start wearing them then. Watching the TV is getting more difficult.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

I had the same kind of story - went to college and couldn't quite see the screens from the back of the auditorium. Suddenly, sight!

And then later, Lasik!

• StackStack Sassy and short Icrontian

I didn't know I needed glasses until the eighth grade. I remember crying on the way home with my mom. I kept saying how beautiful the leaves on the trees were.

Tushon
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

It was eighth grade for me also. I remember distinctly: I was at a friend's swim meet, and the people around me all seemed to know what the lap clock read, and I turned to another friend and was like, "how can anyone read that from here?", and he was like, "Dude, that clock is huge and it's like 30 feet away. If you can't read that from here, you need to get your eyes checked." So I did, and ended up with half my bodyweight in lenses on my face.

GHoosdum
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

I was in 3rd grade for mine and I was shouting out all the restaurants and billboards I could now see through the car window on the ride home. I was pretty hard on my glasses in the beginning. I broke about 3 of them in a month. Yay for warranty.

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

@ardichoke said:

@GnomeQueen said:
    Those look pretty cute on you!

I've been told they make me look like a dad.... but that's not a bad thing? Guess I have to tell the wife it's time to add to the IC babby boom >_>

Only your wife will tell you if you look like a DILF. ;D

primesuspect
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

Long-time glasses wearer. Been wearing them longer than some of you have been alive, but I digress. My wife asked me why I don't go for laser surgery because I look so much better without glasses. I replied that they give me character. Because, you know, without glasses I'm just boring Kwitko, devoid of sarcasm, wit, charm, and Noo Yawk attitude.

BuddyJGHoosdum