Expo 2016: Travel Plans and Guidelines

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

@mertesn @UPSLynx There was a change in my flight on Tuesday and are scheduled to get there at 10:18pm.

Perfectly fine hanging out for Lynx's arrival if a different plan doesn't work out.

-Digi

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@BobbyDigi said:
    @mertesn @UPSLynx There was a change in my flight on Tuesday and are scheduled to get there at 10:18pm.

Perfectly fine hanging out for Lynx's arrival if a different plan doesn't work out.

-Digi

No worries. If it means two runs, it's not a problem. There's no need to wait at the airport for that long.

BobbyDigi

Thanks @mertesn ! We'll keep ya posted if any other changes.

-Digi

mertesn
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

Anyone game to grab me from the airport Wednesday afternoon and go straight to dinner?

• aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

@drasnor said:
    Anyone game to grab me from the airport Wednesday afternoon and go straight to dinner?

When are you coming in?

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

According to my ticket I should be arriving around 430 PM at the Windsor train station on Friday the 24th, I'd appreciate if someone could pick me up over there.

Departure is Sunday at 5:45 pm, so I'd be needing another lift to the station then.

I am more than willing to throw money people's way for gas, be it Ameribuck or Canadollars.

mertesn
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Updating OP

In doing that, I noticed that I don't have anyone "scheduled" yet to pick me up on Tuesday at 11:45A. Takers?

• I'll gladly do an airport run or two. Just need to borrow a car.

Would be willing to get the tushie.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

mmmmmm delicious.

• elyxandraelyxandra St. Catharines, Ontario Icrontian

I'll be arriving Thursday evening around, or just after dinner time depending on the border situation.
    My exact arrival time will be a surprise, so you can all sit around staring at the door with anticipation... or you know, go about your various activities and wonder "who is that?" when I'm suddenly in the room.

primesuspectRyderTushon
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

@AlexDeGruven said:
    Arriving Thursday evening or Friday morning. Attic surfing. Departing Sunday at some point.

Updating - I'll be arriving Wednesday after dinner but before TF2. Still departing Sunday at some point.

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

@Gargoyle said:
    Tentative plans: driving, arriving Wed, departing Sun, crashing in attic.

Change of plans: will be driving, arriving Thursday hopefully in time for dinner, but will update thread when I depart.
    Still departing Sunday, still planning to crash in attic.

Do we have a GroupMe or Slack for Expo?

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

Possible change of plans for me. Got on the freeway for the first time in like a year and the car felt very unstable at highway speeds. Not sure if it's due to alignment, suspension or any other cause. I have an appointment with the mechanic on the 22nd for a previous problem and I'm gonna try and see if they can check this out as well. If they don't have the time, I'm a little hesitant about driving to Detroit. I'll have to decide at the time.

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

@aspieRommel said:

@drasnor said:

When are you coming in?

Looks like Church has got me. Thanks for the offer!

@drasnor said:

@aspieRommel said:

@drasnor said:

When are you coming in?

Looks like Church has got me. Thanks for the offer!

Anytime!

@Linc if we can't make one of the events we signed up for in Eventbrite, what's the procedure you want us to follow? I won't make it to the bike tour.

edited June 2016

Probably ping TroubleBaker in This Thread

-Digi

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

@BlackHawk said:
    Possible change of plans for me. Got on the freeway for the first time in like a year and the car felt very unstable at highway speeds. Not sure if it's due to alignment, suspension or any other cause. I have an appointment with the mechanic on the 22nd for a previous problem and I'm gonna try and see if they can check this out as well. If they don't have the time, I'm a little hesitant about driving to Detroit. I'll have to decide at the time.

Hey, you're in Indiana... If you can get to I-65 and I-94, I'd be willing to take you the rest of the way. I'll be around that area around 11 am Central.

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

@QCH said:

@BlackHawk said:

Hey, you're in Indiana... If you can get to I-65 and I-94, I'd be willing to take you the rest of the way. I'll be around that area around 11 am Central.

If the car would get me that far I may as well go the whole way. Thanks for the offer though.

@BlackHawk what city in Indiana are you in?

@Gargoyle Fort Wayne.

edited June 2016

@BlackHawk said:
    @Gargoyle Fort Wayne.

Just passed there not too long ago. Currently in Waterville, Ohio. I'm about an hour, 21 minutes from the house.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

@Ilriyas said:
    According to my ticket I should be arriving around 430 PM at the Windsor train station on Friday the 24th, I'd appreciate if someone could pick me up over there.

Departure is Sunday at 5:45 pm, so I'd be needing another lift to the station then.

I am more than willing to throw money people's way for gas, be it Ameribuck or Canadollars.

Dude. That's a pretty big ordeal, crossing the border twice, etc and limits volunteers to those with passports. If you can get to Detroit from Windsor on your own that would make it WAY easier for others:
    http://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/transitwindsor/routes-and-schedules/tunnel-bus-to-detroit/pages/tunnel-bus-to-detroit.aspx

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

If there's a car I can borrow, @primesuspect, I'll have my passport w/ me and I could swing over the border grab an @Ilriyas and then yell at some Canucks and then bring him to HQ.

It looks like the bus stops at the Millender City People Mover.

Is that a Subway station? How close is that to ICHQ pickup wise?

It's VERY close to ICHQ. Millender Center is a 5 minute pickup. That would be super easy :)

Alright so, using the bus it looks like I'd be at Millender around 6pm. I guess I could call @UPSLynx or someone just to let you guys know when I arrive.

• LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian

I have a passport too, I am more than willing to tag along or drive to help with pickups.

@primesuspect said:
    It's VERY close to ICHQ. Millender Center is a 5 minute pickup. That would be super easy :)

@Ilriyas said:
    Alright so, using the bus it looks like I'd be at Millender around 6pm. I guess I could call @UPSLynx or someone just to let you guys know when I arrive.

I gotcha Illy.

@DontCallMeKelso said:
    If there's a car I can borrow, @primesuspect, I'll have my passport w/ me and I could swing over the border grab an @Ilriyas and then yell at some Canucks and then bring him to HQ.

I cannot even begin to imagine the hassle involved with taking a borrowed car to Canada. You would be searched for sure, and it would be a major headache. I do NOT recommend.

elyxandra_kmertesnGarg