EXPO 2016: SMASH BROS. 4 Wii U TOURNAMENT RULE-SET & GUIDELINES

FreshyPFreshyP Don CheadleCyberspace Icrontian
edited June 2016 in Events

Hi. This years' Smash Bros. event will be hosted by yours truly, and so I'd like to clarify a few things about this event as well so that it runs a little smoother this year. If you're serious about participating, I welcome you to read my standard rule-set and to understand what's going on this year. It will take place on Thursday @ 9PM!!!!!

I'd like to start out by saying that I've spent a lot of the past year getting acquainted with tournament settings, and I've also learned a lot about different rule-sets and guidelines for Smash Bros. for Wii U tournaments, so I'm gonna try to make this as smooth and clear as possible for everybody while still maintaining a some-what casual experience for those who are just trying to have fun. That being said, let's get into the rules.

The basics:

• Single elimination bracket due to time constraints. Sorry.

• Matches are going to be 2-Stocks with 6 minutes on the timer. This just means that each player has 2 lives, and they've got to take the opposing player's lives in under 6 minutes. If it goes to Sudden Death, the player with the highest percent and least amount of stocks loses by default. But for the sake of pacing, please don't run the clock down on purpose. That would be appreciated, and if I think there is too much stalling going on, you will be disqualified. This will not be strictly enforced, though. TLDR; don't be a chump by dragging out the match on purpose.

• Custom fighters off. No miis, no custom moves. Too much time to set up.

• Best out of 3 sets.

• You cannot counter-pick to a stage you have already WON ON.

• NO ITEMS. All the fun stuff is turned off, basically.

The Stages:
So in Smash Bros. there are two types of stages: a starter and a counter-pick. A starter stage is simply the first stage the player with PORT PRIORITY picks after stages have been banned (Port priority is simply just whoever is Player 1). A counter-pick is the stage the LOSER OF ROUND 1 gets to pick as a counter to their opponent's character, or as a personal preference. Counter-pick stages cannot be chosen at the beginning of a match, but starters may always be chosen. If the loser does not have a preference for a counter-pick stage, the starter stages can always be picked. All that being said, let me announce the stages:

Nah, but for real:

Starters

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Dreamland 64
  • Town & City

Counter-Picks

• Lylat Cruise
  • Duck Hunt

Stage banning:
Banning is simple. Player 1 bans any starter they want at the beginning of the set. Player 2 gets to ban TWO STAGES at the beginning of the set. Player 1 bans their final stage, and then picks. MATCH NUMBER TWO'S stage is decided by the loser, however, PLAYER 1 gets to ban one stage that they may feel at a disadvantage on. Player 2 then chooses their stage. MATCH NUMBER THREE is the same as number two. The winner of the last game bans a stage, the loser chooses.

Now, keep in mind that if shit gets too complicated, I will have cheat-sheets printed out for people to use. And if stage-picking gets too complicated, The Gentleman's Clause is in effect. Meaning that IF IT IS AGREED ON BY BOTH PLAYERS, the next stage can be decided by hitting the "x" button and the RANDOM button at the stage select screen for a random omega stage. Essentially, this is just a random FLAT STAGE, similar to Final Destination.
If there are any questions, let's get this all squared away sooner rather than later, please? Thank you for reading, and hope to see you in the arena.

-FreshyP

lol.PNG 468.4K
QCHStack

Comments

• TheRedburnTheRedburn Spaceman K Detroit, MI Icrontian

Boy I'll get you so dead. I'll win this tourney

• FreshyPFreshyP Don Cheadle Cyberspace Icrontian

@TheRedburn Yeah alright boi. You'll have to hit the lab for years if you hope to defeat me. And if we meet in bracket I'm not usin' Gentleman's Clause on u, you gettin the hard counter-picks.

TheRedburn
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

I own it and played twice... uh... better get to it... naw, gonna get mowed down either way. :D

Worth a shot, right? At the very least it's fun. :p

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

You're lucky I won't be there to put you in your place ;)

Nah fam, you haven't been labbin' like I have. You're lucky you won't be getting disgraced this year

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

The only disgrace is your Shulk play boi

Boi you haven't even met my Shulk yet. I been labbin.

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

Cola, you talking about arm wrestling again? :D

colaSonorous
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

18 signed up so far:

• k
    • QCH
    • CB
    • Farge
    • Ryanfodder
    • DigiKid
    • BobbyDigi
    • Soda
    • Fettbacon
    • sharkydart
    • Obsidian
    • elyxandra
    • TheRedburn
    • Levex
    • Freshyp
    • Sailor Doom
    • UPSLynx
    • Ilriyas
    FreshyPRahnalH102
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

I've never played the new Smash Brothers before and I sucked at the older versions, but I'm in.

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

Take me off the ladder, I didn't double check the date when I put myself down.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Also @Stack wants in.

• StackStack Sassy and short Icrontian

<3 in

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

In

• SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian

I switched mains a month ago after I couldn't get a hang of post-nerf zamus, so I'll probably let you win so you don't feel so scrub @FreshyP.

@Soda Lol bring all you've got. I ain't scrubby at all

edited June 2016

~~Here's your bracket, fellas: http://challonge.com/ICRONTICEXPO~~

edited June 2016

~~RANDOMLY SEEDED, mind you. No tomfoolery here.

Lol, nevermind. It's random until the tourney starts.