Also: first

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@Linc said:
    Coming soon: ICHQ Windsor

Can I sponsor the steel door for this?

Gargbells
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

@elyxandra said:
    I'll be there to welcome you with Tim Hortons coffee and a shot of maple syrup.

Can we get some actual GOOD coffee to go with the delicious maple syrup instead of the swill Tim Horton's tries to pass off as coffee? Or does their coffee become that drastically better by crossing the boarder?

DontCallMeKelso
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

@ardichoke said:

@elyxandra said:

Can we get some actual GOOD coffee to go with the delicious maple syrup instead of the swill Tim Horton's tries to pass off as coffee? Or does their coffee become that drastically better by crossing the boarder?

YOU GET OUT YOU GET OUT RIGHT NOW TIM HORTONS IS GOOD

RahnalH102UPSLynxBuddyJ
  • elyxandraelyxandra St. Catharines, Ontario Icrontian

@ardichoke said:

@elyxandra said:

After your initiation you can choose to drink whichever brand of coffee you like, but @primesuspect may not forgive you.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

@primesuspect said:

@ardichoke said:

@elyxandra said:

Tim's coffee is ok. I wouldn't go so far as to call it good, but it's not terrible, which is still better than a lot of the swill being served these days.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

I normally have the problem of "more booze than I can drink," but I fear there is not enough booze in the world for me to make it through this election cycle sane.

GargMiracleManS
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

Can I bring a sign that says "Deport me"

primesuspectRahnalH102DontCallMeKelso

@AlexDeGruven said:

@primesuspect said:

@ardichoke said:

@elyxandra said:

Tim's coffee is ok. I wouldn't go so far as to call it good, but it's not terrible, which is still better than a lot of the swill being served these days.

Clearly someone needs to train the Tim Horton's employees in every single Tim Horton's I've ever gone to. I have literally never gotten a good cup of coffee from a Tim Horton's. Not even once. Every time I've had it, I've thought to myself "gee, I would much rather be drinking McDonald's coffee or coffee from a 7-Eleven right now." The last time I got coffee from a Tim Horton's (and it is the last time because I now refuse to get coffee there under any circumstances) it was disgusting, lukewarm and had a layer of coffee grounds at the bottom.

• elyxandraelyxandra St. Catharines, Ontario Icrontian

@ardichoke said:
    Clearly someone needs to train the Tim Horton's employees in every single Tim Horton's I've ever gone to. I have literally never gotten a good cup of coffee from a Tim Horton's. Not even once. Every time I've had it, I've thought to myself "gee, I would much rather be drinking McDonald's coffee or coffee from a 7-Eleven right now." The last time I got coffee from a Tim Horton's (and it is the last time because I now refuse to get coffee there under any circumstances) it was disgusting, lukewarm and had a layer of coffee grounds at the bottom.

That's how they serve their hot chocolate too. There's always a pile of undissolved powder at the bottom that you scrape up with a stir stick and eat. It's a winter tradition!

Strikes

@elyxandra said:

@ardichoke said:

That's how they serve their hot chocolate too. There's always a pile of undissolved powder at the bottom that you scrape up with a stir stick and eat. It's a winter tradition!

The difference being that hot cocoa powder sludge is actually tasty.... spent coffee grounds, on the other hand, are rather unpleasant.

Strikesmertesn
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited June 2016

Tim Horton's sold their old recipe and bean supplier contract to McDonald's back in 2012, one improved the other declined.

That said sounds like you're just getting bad luck, coffee up here is great. Gotta get that Double Double there eh bud.

primesuspectelyxandra
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

I was just gonna say, I actually like McDonald's regular coffee quite a bit. When there's nothing but starbucks, sometimes McD's wins out for me.

ardichoke
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:
    I was just gonna say, I actually like McDonald's regular coffee quite a bit. When there's nothing but starbucks, sometimes McD's wins out for me.

Agreed. I get their Iced Coffee quite often. Especially since it's on sale down here for $1.39. Sure beats 4 times that at Starbucks.

7-Eleven Regular Exclusive is my go to every day coffee. It's fantastic.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Amazing, Election to Coffee. GG Icrontic

primesuspectRyanMMUPSLynx
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

Does this mean that IC is sponsoring illegal immigration into Canada? Cross by raft and climb a wall then sip coffee while soaking wet. If that's the case I could be persuaded.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@Mt_Goat said:
    Does this mean that IC is sponsoring illegal immigration into Canada? Cross by raft and climb a wall then sip coffee while soaking wet. If that's the case I could be persuaded.

Only if you don't have a passport.

• @Linc said:
    This is an event now.

BYO raft for crossing the border.

I'm not sure if the lulz button was the appropriate response, but if I don't laugh I'll cry.

@Ilriyas said:
    Tim Horton's sold their old recipe and bean supplier contract to McDonald's back in 2012, one improved the other declined.

That said sounds like you're just getting bad luck, coffee up here is great. Gotta get that Double Double there eh bud.

I wish I could believe it was just bad luck. There was a period for about a year or two where the only convenient place to grab a quick bite and a coffee between dropping my dog off and going in to work was Tim Horton's. This meant I was going there once a week typically. During that time I would suck it up and just get their coffee (mostly because I was getting a combo meal type situation). It was literally never good. Then BK bought them, they changed their hash browns from something delicious with herby goodness in them to something bland and cardboard like, dropped their multigrain flatbread and I decided that convenience was no longer enough to keep stopping there. (This was about a year before the coffee grounds incident that made me say "Never Again").

If I ever go to Canada, maybe I'll give it another shot there. The Timmy's in the Lansing and East Lansing area, however, are irredeemably terrible. Other locations around the States that I've stopped at for whatever foolish reason were definitely not good enough to redeem their status in my mind as worst coffee ever, though probably not as bad as the experiences I've had here.

It makes me feel uncomfortable to say this, but the best fast food coffee that I've had is probably Taco Bell. I'm pretty sure it's a K-cup kind of situation and, while I am not a Keurig type person in my own life, it works for the fast food format. It's consistent, it's fresh and it's not burned. I have gone out of my way in the morning to get Taco Bell breakfast, just because their coffee is reliable. McDonald's is also typically good, for fast food coffee, but every now and then it's been on the burner for too long leaving it tasting like ass.

@Linc said:

@Ryder said:
    Amazing, Election to Coffee. GG Icrontic

Icrontic actually only ever discusses like 12 things. All other topics are temporary detours until we find our way again.

Is one of those things just random comments about dongs? I feel like one of those things is random dong comments....

@ardichoke said:
    I feel like random dong....

RyderRahnalH102
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Dongs are definitely one of the 12

Creeperbane2ardichoke
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

That... was... beautiful.

Creeperbane2
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2016