Flip-Flop Switcharoo: Legion Class Edition

MytchMytch The Heights, MI Icrontian
edited July 2016 in World of Warcraft

Hey guys!

I'm sure many of you, like myself, have been following along intently with the news of Legion. As we all know, Legion is completely revamping how the classes we've grown to love play. Some may love the changes and others may not. 'Tis the nature of the beast.

As such, this is the primo time to change mains/classes since we're all essentially starting over with the leveling process. With the changes, I'd like to try to narrow down what the raid group will look like and to see what voids may need to be filled. I'm sure @primesuspect will crack down later on the main switching, so I'm not too concerned if you change your mind after the pre-patch goes live (though you can go on the PTR and play around with premade toons and/or copy over your own to mess around with the changes). I'm just trying to get a preliminary count going to see where we're at so we're not blindsided when it comes to raiding. (Read: so I can decide on what to play based on what we need to fill)

Cheers!!****

Thanks to @dark_arches for creating this lovely spreadsheet for us all to use!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PiwvwwMNTFzYTw6C7eNVTyDSj-ETCLOpGB5vfDUhpj4/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: Since we have the spreadsheet, I'm just going to be updating it as we get more responses so that Matt's work doesn't go to waste. I encourage everyone to check it out, and if you change your mind about your class or spec or role, you can adjust it yourselves in the spreadsheet!

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

For reference, here's how thia topic went for WoD: https://icrontic.com/discussion/99152

Mytch
  • MytchMytch The Heights, MI Icrontian

@Thrax , I'm hoping this goes a little differently this time around. Particularly since we're going to be putting a TON of time into our main spec with the artifact power and such. fingers crossed

• SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

Maejah will tank -- offspec will probably be dps, but I don't mind healing either.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Kethark will remain DPS shadow priest.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

My Monk will be a healer.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Warrior DPS / Mage DPS (maybe)

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I am very unsettled on what I'll play so far. I've kinda had a longing to get back to tanking or healing and have a couple characters that could qualify for that route. If not that, then likely rogue again, no clue on spec.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I've had a longing to get back into healing as well, but I intentionally know sweet F all about healing in Legion.

• LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian

Are we factoring in Dressed members?

• I didn't even have to comment to get added to the list! Haha. Yes, demo is back and I am so happy. <3

Trying to get my boyfriend to come raid with us, he can go heals if we need or DPS.

@Levex said:

No. I can't help it if some people don't want to get organized on a site for the guild. If they want to come here and comment and participate, I HIGHLY encourage it. I've been beating that drum for years.

@primesuspect said:

@Levex said:

No. I can't help it if some people don't want to get organized on a site for the guild. If they want to come here and comment and participate, I HIGHLY encourage it. I've been beating that drum for years.

Cool. I just wanted to know. I'll message Fleur and have her check in.

@Levex said:

Sorry, I know that sounded salty. I just get frustrated trying to herd cats :D

Levexdark_arches

@primesuspect said:

@Levex said:

Nah, you did not sound salty, lol. The cats are always a problem. ;)

@primesuspect said:

@Levex said:

This is why I hate cats.

Levex

So i got into beta... and it's making my decision THAT much harder. le sigh.

dark_arches
  • Adding this spreadsheet to this thread from the other discussion thread. @Mytch can you add it into your main post?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PiwvwwMNTFzYTw6C7eNVTyDSj-ETCLOpGB5vfDUhpj4/edit?usp=sharing

Mytch

So, I can't edit my post. I think too much time has elapsed, unless @Linc can help.

@Mytch you can edit your posts now.

Thanks pops!!! <3

DocFrazier
  • @primesuspect said:

@Levex said:

I knew you didn't really like me! :( But really though, I figure I'll be doing a healer, paladin, priest, shaman... with an off spec dps most likely. Seeing as how I am a member of another guild that raids as well, and I don't want to put myself on the fast track to burn out so quickly in the new expansion, I may have to limit myself to one night of raiding. The time is still yet to come however, will see how it goes

@shinypants Oh it wasn't about you; it's about the people that have straight-up told me "I'm not joining forums" and "Why don't we just create a (insert thing that person uses to make it easier for them)?"

It's like... 90% of the guild is based around this site and the community we've built, so it gets frustrating trying to communicate with everyone in a centralized and organized fashion when you have some holdouts that are just like, "shrug I don't care".... and also who get salty when decisions are made without their input because their personal preference is to have the community somewhere else (like Facebook or Mumble or whatever).

I LIKE YOU FLEUR YOU KEEP ME ALIVE AND I NEED THAT BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW HOW GOOD I AM AT NOT STANDING IN STUFF

MytchLevexSazbean

@shinypants XOXOXO

It may be your fate to be a healer but the problem is you're also an awesome top-tier DPS, so.... maybe you should just stop being so damned good.

RyderLevex

@primesuspect said:

I LIKE YOU FLEUR YOU KEEP ME ALIVE AND I NEED THAT BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW HOW GOOD I AM AT NOT STANDING IN STUFF

I second this.

Sazbean
  • SusurroSusurro Dubuque, IA Icrontian

I'll likely be back for Legion...Perhaps healer/DPS shaman...perhaps druid? still trying to confirm.

• No changes for me. Death Knight DPS/Tank.

primesuspect
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2016

I need to get in and play around to see. Could be perfect time to switch it up and go back to my pally or priest roots.

primesuspectLevex

Come with us on Sunday to get a feel for your class in a raid situation. 8pm EST Manny/Archie