Pokemon GO

Comments

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

@Cliff_Forster said:
    I tried it, I can't look at my phone and walk at the same time.

You shouldn't really. In fact you're warned not to when you launch the app. It will notify you if one appears on your screen. Just keep it open and go about your trip. Enjoy the sights.

• aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited July 2016

@primesuspect said:
    Getting out and running into stuff because you never look up from your phone, meeting people but being too busy with your phone to interact, having fun looking at your phone all day. If that doesn't sound fun to you, probably nothing.

FTFY

• MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

Just noticed there are Pokemon Go team shirts on Qwertee today, in five hours they'll go up by $2, gone 24 hours after that.

https://www.qwertee.com/

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Great now we have a rat infestation in AR too.

MAGICZanthianLevexChooch
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

AK150 .... @AAron... The guy who just last night said "I don't play Pokemon because I'm an adult"

MAGICZanthian
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    AK150 .... @AAron...

Nah, it's my coworker Ryan.

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

My phone can't handle getting past the screen that says, "Niantic, The Pokemon Company".

Thanks shitty phone for saving billions of hours of my life.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited July 2016

EA's campus rules for this game, but the gym is an absolutely brutal battle that goes contested constantly.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

I don't care enough to read this but apparently you can play Go on a PC

http://www.pcgamer.com/pokemon-go-pc-guide/

-Digi

@Linc said:

@primesuspect said:
    AK150 .... @AAron...

Nah, it's my coworker Ryan.

Oh good.. Then Aaron's adulthood status is secure

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

A caller reported that a man, who had come inside a local convenience store, was suffering from a stab wound he received earlier while walking and playing Pokémon Go on his phone. Officers responded to the store, where the 22-year-old man had come in to buy chips and beer, as well as find a Pokémon. The man was able to give a description of his attacker, who allegedly stabbed the victim as they passed each other near 19th Avenue and Filbert Street. The victim refused medical treatment and continued his Pokémon hunt. The incident is under investigation.

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

I started playing yesterday... Last night my daughter and son started... 15 minutes later we went on our SECOND family bike ride of the year to go find Pokestops and Pokemons.

On that 1 hr bike ride, we went to two parks and passed 15 - 20 people. 12 of which we playing Pokemon Go. This is officially a HUGE thing. Biggest "thing" that I have witnessed.

FettBaconMassalinieGarg
  • SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

Downloaded the game while we were up in Traverse City with friends -- was pretty fun to play with them while we walked around. During normal life, it's become pretty boring.... there's not really much I can walk to out in the burbs, and even at work everything was closer to the city center -- which means only during lunch or something. I had it running while Aaron was driving us home, but stuff went by too fast.

I guess I could see this as pretty fun if you lived in a big city and commuted on public transportation -- it's kinda lost it's appeal to me at this point. I was hoping that people could create their own gyms and poke-stops and then you'd meet people where-ever they were playing. I'd totally create a gym over my neighbors house and then I could battle all the neighborhood kids overs it (stay off my gym?!?).....

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Also:

BuddyJChooch
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

Actually being a part of team mediocre blue bird or team worst type combination.

Electric Rooster is the only team for a min-maxing munchkin like myself.

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

colaRahnalH102
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/14/12192666/pokemon-go-hillary-clinton-campaign

she has that event 5 minutes away from where I live pretty impressed by her tech/marketing team.

_k
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Went around downtown Fenton this evening (Farmer's Market and music in the park). The place was absolutely FLOODED with people doing Pokemon Go. Having fun, talking with each other, and generally geeking out at various levels. I honestly haven't seen this level of community engagement since the tornado came through 9 years ago (interestingly enough, the monument to the tornado is a pokestop). My oldest, one of his friends, and I joined a MASSIVE group of people on a PokeWalk around town, hitting pokestops and gyms (Fenton has 5 gyms already and we only have 10,000 people).

No joke, this is the biggest thing in a really long time.

ZanthianMassalinie

okay So I don't play much. WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE TEAMS PEOPLE KEEP TALKING ABOUT?

@Karma said:
    okay So I don't play much. WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE TEAMS PEOPLE KEEP TALKING ABOUT?

You pick a team when you hit level 5. Yellow, Red, or Blue. When you hit level 5 you can take over gyms and fight other teams for control of them.

@primesuspect said:

@Karma said:

You pick a team when you hit level 5. Yellow, Red, or Blue. When you hit level 5 you can take over gyms and fight other teams for control of them.

Interesting. I don't see myself getting to level 5, oh well.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    I seriously cannot wrap my head around how quickly this game has changed my city. No hyperbole: This game is revolutionary.

I was out tonight all over downtown Detroit and the riverfront. There were hundreds of people playing. I talked to at least 15 strangers of all ages and races, friendly banter, friendly smack talk about teams and fighting gyms. Everybody was laughing, smiling. I showed the game to three older muslim women. I had a throwdown with a group of hispanic kids and then a group of black kids showed up and started laughing and talking smack with us. Adults. Cops. Kids. Office workers. Everybody.

All playing.

This, too. Tuesday was my first day in Detroit after release. Stepped outside of my building and literally almost EVERYONE in Campus Martius Park was playing. Nearly everyone walking in every direction.

I'm going to go ahead and back up the revolutionary comment.

We're not even a full week in and it's unreal.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I've seen a couple other people playing while on the bus; I think a group of Teenagers I saw walking around the Panzerwiess with their phones out must have been playing; and the gyms around me keep changing hands; but, in general, I don't see people playing a whole lot.

It's not quite as revolutionary in Munich as in US cities.

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

It only officially launched like a day ago in Germany. Give it a week and see what things look like.

GnomeQueenThraxMAGIC
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian