Pokemon GO

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

I have reached level 5. Is nice dog walk activity. Best story so far... Coming back from downtown, we found a beedrill, stopped in the middle of the residential street a block from home to catch it. Car behind us after a while so we leave. It stops in the same spot as we did... Must have wanted to catch it too.

malia
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited July 2016

I get the feeling that in around 4 weeks, we'll stop hearing about this game. I'm having fun and all (except for the numerous bugs in the app, constant crashing), but there's really not enough game to be found in it. I don't think it'll have legs.

CB
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

We'll see. Niantic has promised updates every 2 weeks. It's a total blast to play with other people.

CBBuddyJ
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

As soon as people find a way to cheat (walk around without going anywhere), and then make that way public, it'll be done.

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

...that already exists.

BuddyJ
    edited July 2016

Right. I mean public enough that any person playing will know about it and be able to do it. Like when my semi-ludite sister calls me up and says, "hey, did you know about this app you can download that makes it so you don't have to walk around in Pokemon?" That will be the end.

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

MAGICZanthianardichoke
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited July 2016

Kid: Daddy can I get Pokemon Go?
    Me: Yes
    Kid:

-Digi

SonorousThraxRyanFodder
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2016

Went out and played Go for about four freaking hours tonight, met up with @Becks-Davis and @Andy to walk around downtown and play. Got a million Voltorb and a Hitmonchan. Camped out and took a gym from Instinct and met some more players on the riverfront. Camped the gym, leveled it up to 4 and then caught some new Pokemon. Finally went home due to dying batteries.

gg.

BuddyJ
    edited July 2016

I haven't been able to log in since the official EU release. :'(

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

Joined Valor.

There are more pidgey around here than you can shake a stick at. Supposedly there are a bunch of water type Pokémon by the river walk... Still try that soon.

Didn't expect such a response in Dubuque, but we are now constantly seeing people play.

• maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian

^ what @RyanFodder said. Also, wandering around like idiots together is a surprisingly awesome date.

primesuspect

@malia said:
    ^ what @RyanFodder said. Also, wandering around like idiots together is a surprisingly awesome date.

Yep, @PinkinDetroit and I have been ... going outside... and doing stuff... together? It's weird.

malia

So, Dubuque waterfront is where it's at.

primesuspect

Can not play on Samsung Galaxy S3, WTF?

-Digi

_k
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Sorry to be that guy, Digi, but a smartphone game not working on a 4 year old device is like complaining about a PS4 title not working on my PS3. Bruh, ya gotta upgrade.

primesuspectThrax

Looked into it. Go requires Android 4.4 while the S3 is at 4.3.

Guess I'll stick to Ingress for now.

-Digi

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    edited July 2016

Dat downtown Austin! Down by the congress river, all approx 1 mile apart walking distance

• MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

I am with Wind, a cheaper cell phone company with whom I have been very happy until now, Apparently I don't get fast enough data for this game to really work properly. I'm playing anyway, but it's pretty slow and painful. There's a gym basically in my back yard though. A bunch of coworkers are playing which is sweet, we have three gyms on the same street as our office (but I have no signal here, argh). I keep walking my dog past the nearest poke-stop across the street but I mostly feel vulnerable walking around staring at my phone and every I pass just stares at me lol Where are my Maple Ridge Pokemon trainers at? Almost level five and not sure what team to join. @FettBacon went Valour but I'd been thinking Mystic cause most people are work are. I wanna own my backyard church gym though heheh.

With a gym in your own backyard you shouldn't have any trouble owning it since you can just crack away at it whenever you want. The only cost to you will be potions and revives.

• UPSKingpinUPSKingpin Sir Elkhart, IN Icrontian

This game is now a part of my job.

MAGICUPSLynxelyxandra
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

It got brought up in my 9,000-person staff meeting today - our CEO wants to eliminate all pokestops here to avoid undesired traffic. Verona PD reported two vehicle collisions due to people driving and playing Go, too.

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

Yeah, they really need to implement a feature to deactivate it when you're moving more than 20mph. They already have that feature to prevent spoofing the distance.

BuddyJRahnalH102
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian

@Snarkasm said:
    It got brought up in my 9,000-person staff meeting today - our CEO wants to eliminate all pokestops here to avoid undesired traffic. Verona PD reported two vehicle collisions due to people driving and playing Go, too.

NOOOOO!!!!! Where will I walk the dogs for pokeballs now?!?!?!??!?

(I live next door to Snarky's work)

BuddyJ
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

It was funny watching all the people driving around the mall at 11PM tonight to repeatedly access all the Pokestops there (I was one of them!)

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

There was apparently some abuse of the game's AR functions and now it's off-limits at work.

primesuspectMassalinie

I.... Have a problem.

MassalinieMAGICprimesuspect
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

@malia said:

@Snarkasm said:

NOOOOO!!!!! Where will I walk the dogs for pokeballs now?!?!?!??!?

(I live next door to Snarky's work)

You should come by for lunch someday before you leave! Or we should find some time to hang out once more, at least.

malia