Overwatch

Comments

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@GnomeQueen said:
    I feel like the hooded guy in the video must be Reaper pre-transition.

I feel like at some point we'll find out that Talon subjected him to some sort of mental and bio reprogramming, like with Widowmaker.

It is reaper. But it was actually mercy who fucked him up. There are some voice lines reaper says to that effect.

talking to mercy, "You made me like this"

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I like playing support because I like helping others, I also hate support because it generally means that I HAVE to really on my teammates. So I've been glad that Overwatches supports can pack quite the punch, part of why Zenyatta is my fav support. Seeing that Ana Amari continues the trend is nice.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

@GnomeQueen said:
    I feel like the hooded guy in the video must be Reaper pre-transition.

I feel like at some point we'll find out that Talon subjected him to some sort of mental and bio reprogramming, like with Widowmaker.

Pretty damn close to his "origin" skin

-Digi

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

It's the same. The hood is just down in game, and he's not wearing the beanie in the photo.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

And Zenyatta's getting a buff! Along with D.Va. So excite.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

holy god the d.va buffs. That feels good.

Levex
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

Levex_kGnomeQueen
  • LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian

@Zanthian said:

OH NO! I am SO OBSESSED with the original of this song by JT, ask @KINGPIN

Zanthian
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

_ktrooster89
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

Most fun I've had in OW so far.

6v6 Reinhardt. It's just ridiculous, I really recommend trying it if you can get the other team to cooperate.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

OMG, 9:00 He talks about Fun. Nailed it. Exactly how I've felt.

-Digi

UPSLynxZanthian
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

@BobbyDigi that's exactly how I've felt about Hero stacking. You can counter six D.Va or Torbjorn, but those matches are the absolute worst in my opinion.

Levex

That was a great video @BobbyDigi, thanks for sharing. I love how much they are diving into the data to find what is working or not for the game.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Anybody using MasterOverwatch.com, be careful - I'm pretty sure I just got served (pretty clumsy) malware in the form of a batch file downloaded (named chrome_update.bat) and a big URGENT CHROME UPDATE NEEDED splash screen.

I have the bat file contents if anybody cares to take a look at it, but just watch yourselves.

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

UPSLynxBlackHawkZanthian

That's it, Rocket League is over.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

ZanthianChooch
  • LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian

@Tushon That intro though.....

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

less fun intro, but this save felt realllllly good

https://gfycat.com/LeadingFlickeringAllosaurus

ZanthianChoochSoda
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

Anyone know of a good tutorial, be it video or text that explains which support characters to play based on the loadout of your group and dependent on the map?

Just finished playing Mercy for the first time while defending on Dorado and I wasn't quite sure who to heal the most? I would think the tank but I don't know if I do anything to Reinhardt's shield. Without his shield, he's not the main focus anymore and I don't think his offensive game is significant enough to warrant me boosting him when I could try finding someone else to boost/heal.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

So this group has a bunch of quick start videos that might be helpful-- I'll link to Lucio's.

I think it's personal preference, to some extent, as to which support characters you want to use when. I play Lucio most often when I'm doing a control point map-- Illios, Lijang Tower, and Nepal-- because the speed is important to get to the point, and those maps all have parts where you can blast people off the map (although which segment of the map you're on matters in that part). I also choose to play Lucio in games where there isn't a tank, or there isn't a decent tank (thanks pubs!) because he has more survivibility than the other supports-- he has his speed to get him away, and his self-heal has no delay like Mercy's. I also switch to Lucio in rounds where I'm getting murdered a lot as Mercy.

Mercy is a really great option because her ult, when used correctly, can't be beat. Lucio's ult is also helpful-- I like to save it for when I hear the other team use one of their ults-- but nothing can turn a round around like a mass res. That being said, she's squishier than Lucio because her heal is delayed until she hasn't taken damage for a short period of time, and she's pretty slow if there's no one around. If you have a teammate around you can fly to, she's great-- if she's somehow been left alone, she's cannonfodder. I personally like to heal lots of people when I'm using Mercy, but I like to stick close to a tank while healing other folks. You're right that her damage buff is more useful on characters other than Reinhardt, (at least when his shield is up), so I like to give that to someone else near him while running behind him, and switching back and forth between them when need be. Being near a couple tanks is actually pretty great too, because she'll build her ult quickly from all of the damage being taken.

I am not sure if you are just looking for healers, but I can talk about Symmetra too, since she's my favorite character and the one I've played the most. Symmetra is classified as support, but unlike the other characters, she only has a shield she gives out, not a heal. She's pretty much exclusively used on defense, although I have seen her used successfully for offense. I like placing her turrets in groups in weird places or near health packs (or defending a point), but I have seen lots of people group them altogether in one place and have some success. I have seen people complain before, because on defense they'll have a Symmetra but not an actual healer, but I feel like, depending on the team comps involved, a healer on defense isn't always necessary. That being said, I'll often switch from Symmetra to a healer, or to Toblerone if the game isn't going well, because I feel like she's fairly situational. Symmetra also cannot heal herself, but half her health is a shield that will regenerate (as will the shields placed on your teammates).

I am not at all successful with him, but a good Zenyatta can be a killer, literally. If you can land the discord orb and his right/left clicks, he does a TON of damage, and can take you down quicker than you'd think. He's essentially a glass cannon-- more shield than health, and his health doesn't regenerate unless he's ulting. His ult is awesome though-- it's one of the few times in the game when you're truly invulnerable, and can really prevent the team from dying in the event of a big ult from the enemy. I don't feel like he functions all that well as a primary healer, so if someone else is playing him, I will sometimes go Mercy or Lucio on top of that.

I can't really speak to Ana because I haven't played her at all, which I really should do.

BobbyDigiRahnalH102BlackHawkUPSLynx
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

My heal priority (as Mercy):

Shielded tank > tank > about to die > top DPS

yay slow typing

GnomeQueen
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

When I play Mercy I prioritize.... ahhhh hell who am I kidding I don't fucking play Mercy.

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited August 2016

With the recent D-Va buff, Mercy and D-Va are basically the Heavy / Medic combo you want. It becomes almost impossible to loose your mech to any normal attack if you have a D-Va that knows how to protect mercy and they become nearly impossible to get off the point. Her forward shield gives Mercy a couple seconds of refuge in sticky situations. It's as good a pairing as you will find in the game.

Always target the support hero first. That's critical to success in overwatch.

Playing king of the hill games against a team with a Lucio that knows how to weave can be incredibly challenging. The way he is able to stay alive spreading his healing, I don't think he is as useful in situations where the team has to constantly move. Payload games his utility isn't the same, but you get into a king of the hill game and you are all trying to hold a singular point and you have a Lucio weaving in and out basically refusing to be eliminated with the rest of the crew there soaking it up, he is the toughest support hero to target.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@Cliff_Forster said:
    With the recent D-Va buff, Mercy and D-Va are basically the Heavy / Medic combo you want. It becomes almost impossible to loose your mech to any normal attack if you have a D-Va that knows how to protect mercy and they become nearly impossible to get off the point. Her forward shield gives Mercy a couple seconds a refuge in sticky situations. It's as good a pairing as you will find in the game.

I'm not entirely sure I agree with this, although of course play styles differ. D.Va can be great to heal because she absorbs a lot of damage, which can be great for building the Mercy ult, but I feel like she's more centered around harassing than being a straight tank that defends the support. I would much rather follow around a Reinhardt, Zarya, or even Roadhog. I also find that it can be more valuable to heal an ally in danger over D.Va, because she doesn't die if she loses the mech, whereas another character near you will.

_kThrax
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited August 2016

For Reinhardt his best defense is having great offense behind him so he can keep moving forward.