Pokemon GO

Comments

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited August 2016

Imgur

Hatched this mofo from a 5km (I think) egg.... pumped some stardust into him. I thoroughly enjoy crushing Valor and Instinct gyms with him. Cuz they all scrubs around here.

BuddyJ
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

Anyone know if the latest update included a Vaporeon nerf? Seems every gym here has one of those roided-up Mudkips holding it down...

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Yes, Vaporeon was nerfed.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

I evolved a 540 Eevee to a 1500+ Vaporeon. What were they going up to before?

edited August 2016

It's not the max CP that was nerfed; it was the average CP at every hidden level. (PoGo pokemon have a maximum hidden level of 40.5, from which other stats are calculated based on "DNA" called IVs). Vaporeon was too strong vs. other pokemon.

BuddyJ
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Ahh. Ok. I don't plan on ever getting that deep, lol. I'm just having fun walking around with my kids.

primesuspect

Whereas the built-in tracker is dead; whereas Pokevision is RIP; whereas all the replacements on the appstore suck. I bring you this app (Android only) that totally rules face compared to everything we've had previously: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeScanner/comments/4vf335/release_175/

QCHBuddyJMassalinie
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

This game plays to the collector in me. I started after the 3 step glitch so I don't miss it as I never used it. Would be cool if they implement something but I find finding random 'Mon around pretty exciting still.

I've got to a few local hot spots. Mostly our civic center where there is a loop of stops every 100 ft or so. The loop is just big enough that the stops reset by the time you get back to where you started. There is a Gym at a gazebo with benches around it. Every time I have been there there are multiple groups of players battling for it. It changes hands constantly.

Last Friday I went on a date with Sugar to a restaurant on our down town strip. The strip itself is another loop where you can constantly hit up stops on both sides as you walk up and down. There are 5 stops around the restaurant that were lured the entire time I was there. 3 of which I could hit from our table. There were at least 100 people just hanging out in the patio area outside playing. There were some groups that had brought lawn chairs and posted up next to a stop.

I plan to take the whole DigiFam to a third hot spot in town at a nature reserve tonight. GG can run around and DigiKid, TheTeenager, and I can Pokè it up.

I only have one thing to say to the peeps who are getting upset about glitches and Niantic's "lack of communication"...

-Digi

primesuspect
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Noob. It was a Golbat

Ryder
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

@Thrax said:
    Found footage of @primesuspect trying to catch that Zubat.

I just run away if Zubat doesn't get caught on the first throw; the game pops them back another 20 m when they escape and I can't flick the ball that far without it curving off the screen. They're usually still on the local map and I can try again from closer.

This sounds about right for the rough time I have been having the last couple days.

-Digi

Official communication only a week after the community noticed a huge change! Getting better, I guess.

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2016

Baby steps.

But they won't tell you how many

maliaGnomeQueenUPSLynx

Graph. No axis units. Wut.

FettBacon
  • FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

@Thrax said:
    Graph. No axis units. Wut.

But at lease you know its around even if you don't know exactly how high it is.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

@Susurro sent me the following picture, and i feel the need to steal his thunder.

BobbyDigiRyderGnomeQueen

How are you guys doing for free coins?

I've been able to throw my Pokemon into a gym and collect quickly six times so I have 60 coins. The gyms I frequent have a very high turnover rate so getting more than one at the same time has not happened yet.

-Digi

drasnor

@BobbyDigi said:

I've been able to throw my Pokemon into a gym and collect quickly six times so I have 60 coins. The gyms I frequent have a very high turnover rate so getting more than one at the same time has not happened yet.

-Digi

I've never been able to hold a gym for the requisite length of time.

I had 5 pokemon in gyms last night by using the following strategy:

There was a storm, so I didn't think a lot of people would be out. I drove and parked at blue/yellow gyms. Used the same 6 pokemon over and over ( i have a ton of revives) to knock it down, then put in pre-selected pokemon at full health into the gym as fast as I could (people tend to try to circumvent this process here.)

@drasnor said:

@BobbyDigi said:

-Digi

You just have to have a Pokémon in a gym. There is no time requirement. Place in gym, imidietly go to shop and collect. Unless you are saying that your Pokémon gets taken out faster than you can get to the shop, I've certainly had that happen a few times at an active gym.

Collecting the defender bonus (10 coins and 100 dust) is easiest done if you come across a gym that your team owns and has an open spot. Throw a 'Mon in there and collect.

The time limitation comes into play after you collect, you can only do it once every 24 hours.

-Digi

GnomeQueen

@BobbyDigi said:

@drasnor said:

@BobbyDigi said:

-Digi

You just have to have a Pokémon in a gym. There is no time requirement. Place in gym, imidietly go to shop and collect. Unless you are saying that your Pokémon gets taken out faster than you can get to the shop, I've certainly had that happen a few times at an active gym.

Collecting the defender bonus (10 coins and 100 dust) is easiest done if you come across a gym that your team owns and has an open spot. Throw a 'Mon in there and collect.

The time limitation comes into play after you collect, you can only do it once every 24 hours.

-Digi

I had no idea; I read that you had to hold the gym for 20 hrs to pay out. I am going to get in way more fights now!

CBBuddyJ

@RyanFodder said:
    I had 5 pokemon in gyms last night by using the following strategy:

There was a storm, so I didn't think a lot of people would be out. I drove and parked at blue/yellow gyms. Used the same 6 pokemon over and over ( i have a ton of revives) to knock it down, then put in pre-selected pokemon at full health into the gym as fast as I could (people tend to try to circumvent this process here.)

Can you revive during a battle? Or are you saying you used the same 6 for battling each gym?

-Digi

After the battle, I revive any that died.

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/update-080816/

Trainers, Pokémon GO has been updated to version 0.33.0 for Android and 1.3.0 for iOS.
    Trainers,

Pokémon GO has been updated to version 0.33.0 for Android and 1.3.0 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.

Added a dialog to remind Trainers that they should not play while traveling above a certain speed. Trainers must confirm they are not driving in order to continue playing.
    Made improvements to the accuracy of a curveball throw
    Fixed a bug that prevented ”Nice,” ”Great,” and “Excellent” Poké Ball throws from awarding the appropriate XP bonuses.
    Fixed achievements showing incorrect Medal icons.
    Enabled the ability for Trainers to change their nickname one time. Please choose your new nickname wisely.
    Resolved issues with the battery saver mode on iOS and re-enabled the feature.
    Added visuals of Team Leaders Candela, Blanche, and Spark.
    We’re currently testing a variation of the “Nearby Pokémon” feature with a subset of users. During this period you may see some variation in the nearby Pokémon UI.
    Minor text fixes
    We hope you enjoy this new version and please share your feedback!

The Pokémon GO team

-Digi

ardichokeMAGICprimesuspect
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian