Flip-Flop Switcharoo: Legion Class Edition

Comments

• LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian

@primesuspect I saved the lock out on the Bear Tank because I was unsure if you had saved it or not. Darth might have also saved it. I can switch to Hunter if need be after we get folks into Archie. :)

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

thanks!

No problem at all :D

• RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian

Damnit, Blizzard. I thought I finally got free of your clutches.

My default preference is still Enhancement (well, maybe, have to relearn the class.) But the default main's always been a shaman since Vanilla - and Horde. But I've done and run actual raids as nearly everything. So you all tell me what needs spun up. Only restrictions I have are won't go heals for raids (sorry), no rogue, no hunter.

• I have a demon hunter I was hoping to tank on, but can also heal on my paladin or dps on my mage or warlock. But I definitely prefer to tank

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Has anyone seen Legion DPS rankings compiled in July or early August from the PTR? I've been looking, but haven't found anything conclusive.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I've only found consensus on the healers so far.

• SusurroSusurro Dubuque, IA Icrontian

After playing through all my potential classes, I think I've changed my mind. I'm switching it up completely this expansion and running my DK as main. I'm really enjoying the way it plays.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

@Thrax said:
    Has anyone seen Legion DPS rankings compiled in July or early August from the PTR? I've been looking, but haven't found anything conclusive.

Nope, can't find anything. Nothing but excuses saying "it changes daily, nobody wants to put the work in"

• Most likely play my lock

Okay, I've got enough hours in and... ugh. I just can't stand new Enhancement. Where's my goddamn totems? 10 levels ain't gonna change the fact that the utility is gone. So, yeah, almost definitely scratch that unless there's a real need. Can't imagine there would be with no utility, not unless they're suddenly top DPS. (That'll be the day, since they nerfed 'em into the ground every time that happened.)

Kinjun's feeling really solid as Arcane, just gotta polish up my rotations. Ivra (DK) can roll tank (my pref) or DPS for alt raids, or backup if needed. You tell me. Since nobody stated a pref, gonna see about popping up a lazorchikken / feral druid this week too. Invasion's made it ridiculously easy to pop up the stuff that plays like I remember.

• @Enslayved added you to the spreadsheet

@RootWyrm Thrax commented that the artifact is a major part of enhance's dps so maybe hold out for that before you decide?
    Also, I added Kinjun to the spreadsheet as well.

RootWyrm
  • Planning to keep the bear around. Don't know if I'll do raiding or not so I've put it as an alt on spreadsheet.

dark_arches

Not sure why my info wasn't on the sheet forever ago, but its there now

• @Levex said:

It was there, you silly. You're #11.

edited August 2016

@dark_arches said:

@Levex said:

It was there, you silly. You're #11.

It's too early for me apparently to read. Also, the classes are backwards. I've been saying I want to tank as main for months now. Can we switch It? My phone isn't allowing me to do it myself, please??

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

After playing through a lot of the changes on the classes I find I want to play so many of them, but have no time to level them all up in time for launch, nor spare money to boost. At least that means there will be some extra longevity to this expansion for me though.

• @RahnalH102 said:
    After playing through a lot of the changes on the classes I find I want to play so many of them, but have no time to level them all up in time for launch, nor spare money to boost. At least that means there will be some extra longevity to this expansion for me though.

Try farming some of the invasions, you can power level pretty quickly with them. If you log out/leave the zone after Phase 3, it resets and you can go through 1-3 again to farm the elites. I've already gotten one character to 100 doing this.

edited August 2016

I've caught up most of my high level Horde toons in this manner since they've only had ~10 levels to go. There is only 1 week left though and I'm gonna be busy for most of it so I won't be able to focus on the lower level toons and get them all the way up to 100 like I would want. If I can get 'em past the early Wrath choke point though I'll be content.

For reference, for the Alliance it's 6 alts with levels ranging from 1 to 80 that I want to level up. and I need to keep one of 'em at 80 for a certain FoS we may or may never do. coughcough

@dark_arches said:
    @RootWyrm Thrax commented that the artifact is a major part of enhance's dps so maybe hold out for that before you decide?
    Also, I added Kinjun to the spreadsheet as well.

Thanks!

And yeah, I've looked into it. Honestly, I'm just not terribly convinced Enhancement's going to be much use any time soon. Easily the most important thing Enhancement brought to raids - especially post-group lock - was the totems. Was a huge part of my playstyle, too. Usually followed by Purge and Wind Shear. With other classes besides Druid now providing purge and Wind Shear-alikes, and Blizzard's intention to make the Artifact a long slog, it's going to be rough.

Quoth a Q&A with Blizzard,

They are expecting it to take a few months to get every trait in your Artifact. It will be based on what type of player you are. Your first Artifact will go slower, the other ones will be faster with increased Artifacte Knowledge and the catch-up system.

I will have Avalande (NE Druid) and Ivra (Draenei DK) to 100 before launch, plus working on a shaman soonish too. Invasion XP got bumped up today. Significantly. We can mark both of them as definitely available for Tank/Melee DPS backup/fill-in, preference is whatever the raid needs.
    Did you know there's an achievement for having earned 100,000 VP now? Because 50,000 wasn't enough for me? Sigh. I really, REALLY have a problem.

So that's my lineup for now. Unless I can challenge Levex to a drinking contest for the OT slot. ;)

Only half your Artifact traits figure into DPS. Rest are icing.

I want to make something clear here:

This spreadsheet is informational. It is not authoritative and is not meant to be taken as role assignments. It's here to see what people are doing, nothing more.

100% first priority #1: Have fun, play what you have the most fun with.

LevexRahnalH102Sazbean

STILL CAN'T DECIDE?

Let the wheel decide

• @primesuspect said:
    STILL CAN'T DECIDE?

Let the wheel decide

My favorite part about doing random picks is getting mad that it didn't land on a certain one. Which in turn also helps me decide.

edited August 2016

Well it landed on Demon Hunter for me. RIP Kethark

I spun it and it told me Paladin. Brb making a new toon, see you all in a month. :P

primesuspect

Welp. D-Day is tonight. I still have no fucking idea what I want to play. Still no DPS charts. fml.

I guess I'll just play Shaman again.

edited August 2016

@RootWyrm said:

So that's my lineup for now. Unless I can challenge Levex to a drinking contest

This is not a good idea. I promise you. Although Icrontic does have fun with drinking, my Iowa upbringing allows me to hold my alcohol better than Gul'dan can lead a legion. :crazy: Safest bet for all here is to let @primesuspect make the final cuts.

Over the last week during invasions I have tried out "unpopular" specs for lulz. I have had TONS of fun with Fire Mage. What a fun spec.

The other weird spec I tried out was Outlaw rogue. It's SUPER weird because there's so much randomness (you use an ability where you roll dice and get random buffs and then have to make decisions on how to react to those random buffs), which is unlike any other class I've ever played... but more importantly IT HAS A FUCKING GRAPPLING HOOK WHICH IS SO HILARIOUSLY FUN.

Levex

In Overwatch we call that "Hook City"