Battlefield 1

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian

Trailer

Looks awesome, and I have to admit a confirmed single-player campaign has me WAY more excited for this.

BlackHawkIlriyasUPSLynxGargBluespoontrooster89

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

Fighting the temptation to preorder.

_k
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

HHHHHNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

I want to beat Jerry to death with a trench club.

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

If there isn't a special Christmas Truce mode, I'll be disappointed.

UPSLynx
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

I'm so glad to see there's a bit of a return to Battlefield's roots. 1942 was such an amazing game because of that Rock, Paper, Scissors element, the historical bent, and the massive-for-its-day server size and player count. I'm looking forward to this.

UPSLynxGarg
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

@Gargoyle said:

Get the FIFA guys involved ASAP

Garg
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

@NiGHTS said:

@Gargoyle said:

I don't think even EA has that kind of bribe money.

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

@Gargoyle said:

@NiGHTS said:

@Gargoyle said:

I don't think even EA has that kind of bribe money.

I think he meant EA's FIFA franchise. Unless I'm whooshing myself.

Playing football in no man's land mid winter, exchanging gifts.

I could enjoy a seasonal Christmas truce game mode.

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

I did, I want a 3v3 metagame between the trenches.

• aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

@UPSLynx pass this on to the devs if possible:

Please do something for Eddie Rickenbacker THIS YEAR!

@UPSLynx

Also, one more thing to ask the devs (if possible):

In the trailer we see the Male Variant of the Mark IV tank. Will the Female Variant be in there as well?

One more thing to put on here. There is a channel I am subbed to called "The Great War" whose channel is centered around WW1. He recently did a special analyzing the trailer. @UPSLynx , pass this on. It's pretty interesting.

Farge
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Historical analysis

Battlefield

YouTube video

Nope.

UPSLynxCBLinc
  • FargeFarge Icrontian
    edited May 2016

The Great War youtube channel is legit @Thrax. In that video they go through the weapons, equipment, and settings. The channel has been doing videos following the war as it happened 100 years ago. Really gives you a feel for the scale of the battles when the same ones are mentioned week after week.

I've got to say, I ignored Battlefield 1 entirely until I realized it was about WW1. Now I am firmly hyped. This must be how WW2 buffs felt when BF1942 first was announced.

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

I am highly disappointed that this does not occur in the year 1, but I guess WW1 will have to suffice.

Cliff_Forster
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
  • stealth1111stealth1111 Canada Member

i just Wish they Remake Battlefield 2142 it was 1 of my Frav

Lewis Gun give me boner.

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited September 2016

Game has no guns. Sandstorm forever. Repair truck while driving. Horse is best tank. 10 outta 10.

PirateNinjaUPSKingpin
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

_kGarg
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Battlefield 1 is out, and if you'll allow me to indulge myself for a moment, I wanna talk about it.

This game is SO GOOD.

as a fan of the Battlefield series since the very beginning, Battlefield 1 is the best game DICE have made in a very long while. BF1 feels like Bad Company 2 + the fun factor of Star Wars Battlefront. The destruction, the weapon focus, the maps, and the way the vehicles balance with the infantry game... they just really, truly nailed it.

The singleplayer, while a touch short, it intense and emotional, and quite possibly the best singleplayer experience DICE have ever created (save for the silly and amazing Bad Company storylines). It doesn't feel tacked on like the last three games. It'll make you really sit up and take notice - you're in the middle of the most horrific war ever, and they're not going to let you forget it.

The multiplayer is a blast, and scratches that classic Battlefield itch. You just can't go wrong with it. And if you haven't played Operations mode yet, try it. It'll blow your mind. Quite possibly the best mode in the game.

I've been playing with a few IC peeps the last couple of days, here are a couple screenshots. Squad up with us!

(also seriously. These graphics. Dat Frostbite.)

War is hell.

SonorousIlriyas

Operations is by far my favourite game mode in a Battlefield game ever, possibly surpassing BF2142s Titan Mode. The sectored zones really simulate how difficult it was to gain even a couple feet, @UPSLynx and I played for 3 hours last night and didn't win a single Operations match on attack.

I still haven't played the final release with IC peeps yet but the intro when I launched the game really impressed me. The graphics were just awesome. I'm gonna try and play some single player today when Carla goes to work and crank the volume really high.

@BlackHawk said:
    I still haven't played the final release with IC peeps yet but the intro when I launched the game really impressed me. The graphics were just awesome. I'm gonna try and play some single player today when Carla goes to work and crank the volume really high.

Be prepared for a lot of feels.

Not trying to start anything, but I stumbled across this article while trying to find a photo of a campaign character (it was Townsend, in case you were wondering.).

http://kotaku.com/battlefield-1-s-multiplayer-undercuts-its-dramatic-sing-1787804290

I disagree with what the article says, but not quite sure how to put it into words, so I'll wait until I can find the right ones.

But what do you guys think?

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

itsa mastapeece!

UPSLynx
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

@aspieRommel said:
    Not trying to start anything, but I stumbled across this article while trying to find a photo of a campaign character (it was Townsend, in case you were wondering.).

http://kotaku.com/battlefield-1-s-multiplayer-undercuts-its-dramatic-sing-1787804290

I disagree with what the article says, but not quite sure how to put it into words, so I'll wait until I can find the right ones.

But what do you guys think?

The words you're looking for are "Fuck you Kotaku, apparently you don't understand that there is a disconnect between telling a story and enjoying a Battlefield multiplayer experience with your friends, I don't need some emotional bs in multiplayer, I'm there to have fun."

Or maybe that's what I would say