Octoberfest CEDAR POINT Trip

PinkInDetroitPinkInDetroit Brian's (actual) WaifuDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited September 2016 in Events

This...this will be for the diehards. I created a private event on Facebook, but I'll let ya'll know here. (forums, how do they work....)

Anyway, copy-pasted from the FB event I made:

Sunday sunday sunday! Sunday after Octoberfest we depart BRIGHT AND EARLY AND BUSHY TAILED (So please plan ahead to NOT be hung over) to drive to Cedar Point for their last day open for the season! It's HALLOWEEKENDS so costumes are in! Just keep in mind cool temps and be wary of accesories that can fly off high speed rollercoasters!

We leave 8am from Avery in order to get to the park (hopefully) before they open. We only have 9 hours here so let's make it count (they close at 8pm)

Wear a costume, or not, layers, gloves, rain gear...whatever. wear a fanny pack or have pockets that SEAL. You WILL lose shit on coasters if your pockets are open! There are lockers there, but they are a pain. They're good for coats and stuff in case you need them later. CHECK THE WEATHER and pack/wear accordingly! If it looks like all day rain, we're out. If partial rain? It's on.

TICKETS. 42.00 Visit https://www.cedarpoint.com/haunt/tickets-offers

If you have never been to Cedar Point it is a ROLLERCOASTER HEAVY park. And I mean, not Space Mountain rollercoasters, I'm talking possibly blacking out rollercoasters. You've been warned.

I'm taking my car, which has room for 4-5. A few of those seats I'm assuming are taken. You might be asked to drive. Parking at CP is 20 bucks, or 15 if you buy online.

Comments

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

I am like 95% sure I am still sterile from the last time I road the Mantis.

PinkInDetroitUPSLynx
  • Man, may travel just to meet people that day. Cedar Point is a huge bucket list item.

PinkInDetroit
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

@Karma said:

Mantis has been reconfigured as a sit-down (as a person of above-average height, it was always a pain to ride for me) and some weird new name that I'm not going to bother looking up because dumb.

And yes, when she says "coaster-heavy" it's no joke. They have the highest density of coasters of any park in the world. Everything from lazy "oh, this is fun" cruisers to "OMGAREWEGOINGSTRAIGHTDOWNWHATISAMAGNETICLINEARACCELERATOR?!".

Also, keep in mind for the fans, I believe this is the last year for the Mean Streak, which is a (painful) classic.

I won't be able to go to this one, but it's so much fun to go there I had to chime in to encourage people.

PinkInDetroit

@AlexDeGruven said:

@Karma said:

Mantis has been reconfigured as a sit-down (as a person of above-average height, it was always a pain to ride for me) and some weird new name that I'm not going to bother looking up because dumb.

Yup I am aware. I grew up like 30 minutes away, just haven't been back in a long ass time.

• PinkInDetroitPinkInDetroit Brian's (actual) Waifu Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2016

@AlexDeGruven said:

@Karma said:

And yes, when she says "coaster-heavy" it's no joke. They have the highest density of coasters of any park in the world. Everything from lazy "oh, this is fun" cruisers to "OMGAREWEGOINGSTRAIGHTDOWNWHATISAMAGNETICLINEARACCELERATOR?!".

Also, keep in mind for the fans, I believe this is the last year for the Mean Streak, which is a (painful) classic.

Rougarou (Roo-ga-roo) is the new mantis. A creole word meaning "werewolf".

Also, I think Mean Streaks last ride was on friday. :(

@PinkInDetroit said:

@AlexDeGruven said:

@Karma said:

Rougarou (Roo-ga-roo) is the new mantis. A creole word meaning "werewolf".

Also, I think Mean Streaks last ride was on friday. :(

I think they are reinventing it some way. So it will live on some way.

• I wish I liked roller coasters :/

brightGnomeQueenMassalinie
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

Keep doing this for a few more years and I'll make my trip up from Cincinnati with my daughter at some point. He is 34.5" right now, assuming CP keeps around the same restrictions as Kings Island, she has another foot to go before the "big kid" rides.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2016

Schedules stomach unfriendly trip the morning after an event known for heavy drinking

What could go wrong?

I do like roller coasters, but I'm not a fan of waking up early or vomiting. :(

DontCallMeKelso
  • Cedar Point is so awesome that if I was coming I would make it a point to drink in moderation because of the pending trip to America's Roller Coast (tm)

• PinkInDetroitPinkInDetroit Brian's (actual) Waifu Detroit, MI Icrontian

Oh hai everyone, I guess this is a friendly Bompz? I just realized yesterday that in a WEEK we'd be doing this. And yes, if you want to go....drink in MODERATION THE NIGHT BEFORE. And maybe get some sleep. Just sayin. Foos.

ardichoke