RWBY Volume 4

aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politicoIndianapolis, IN Icrontian

On October 22nd, while we celebrate Oktoberfest, the next chapter in the history of Remnant begins as the 4th volume of the RWBY saga premieres. Many questions surround Volume 4 that wait to be answered, such as:

What answers await in Haven?

Will Team RWBY ever get back together?

Will Yang ever be able to overcome her "injury" to be able to fight again?

And the question being debated (at least between me and my friends) the most:

Is Phyrra really dead?

I have no doubt that answers will be revealed. But will they be the ones we expect? I guess we'll have to wait and find out.

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

I'd be in for watching the whole thing Thursday night.

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

I haven't seen volume 3 yet so I'd be in for catch-up.

• aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

@drasnor said:
    I haven't seen volume 3 yet so I'd be in for catch-up.

All of Volume 3 is on YouTube so if you want to catch up now, that's fine. But if @Linc and @primesuspect are okay with the idea, we can do a group catch-up/rewind during ICOK.

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2016

all volumes are also on Amazon prime for $5 each. don't have to deal with the volume being broken up on youtube that way

Is Pyrrha really dead? Yes, voice actress confirmed it shorty after the end of volume 3

also:

ChoochaspieRommel

@fatcat said:

Is Pyrrha really dead? Yes, voice actress confirmed it shorty after the end of volume 3

Damn. Really confused me seeing as she's dead but they kept the voice actress for "Chibi".

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited October 2016

2:15 pretty much explains it.

I don't watch the chibi version, but don't they also have Torchwick still alive as well?

@cola said:

2:15 pretty much explains it.

I've seen that video numerous times. :)

My main point of contention was the whole transfer of powers sequence before Cinder killed Amber (the Autumn maiden). What do those powers do? And more importantly, did Phyrra get some of that power before it was interrupted? My thought process was that if she was able to obtain some of that power, maybe it would be enough to bring her back later on, seeing as we don't know the exact nature of that power.

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

I was referring to why they kept the voice actress for chibi.

@cola said:
    I was referring to why they kept the voice actress for chibi.

I know you were. I was just pointing out another reason why I thought Phyrra wasn't really dead.

Also, goddamnit @cola , now you've got me wanting to join in on the RWBY avatar party! :P

@fatcat said:

I plan on watching them here soon.

Well, more than likely the first chapter has dropped on Rooster Teeth. Wasn't able to get my subscription in yet, so I haven't seen the first episode yet. Will notify when I do (both get subscription and watch first chapter).

I watched the first episode. While good, I think this time around I will wait until all of it is out and watch it more as a movie than episodic.

@fatcat said:
    I watched the first episode. While good, I think this time around I will wait until all of it is out and watch it more as a movie than episodic.

That's kind of what I did with Volume 3, albeit I mostly was doing that to catch up.