Icrontic New Years' Eve 2016

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian

Howdy folks.

Pretty standard Icrontic event. Please don't show up before Thurs the 29th unless you've asked Brian or I. The fates have put Jan 1 on a Sunday which is pretty much the best possible scenario for us; that means most of us have Monday off too for extra recovery time.

It's possible we already have some champagne in the house from a certain case of electoral blue balls (see what I did there?). BYOB and BYO snacks as usual. We'll have the champagne but we surely won't turn it down if you want to also contribute some for the midnight toast.

I feel like 2016 maybe didn't go so hot so let's get 2017 off to a proper start with some quality midnight hugs and kisses.

Check out the 2017 accommodations thread for general house info: http://icrontic.com/discussion/100656/icrontic-2017-events-accommodations#latest

Let me know if you need lodging (including how many nights) and please let me know if your plans change.

Massalinie

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2016

In. First. Deal with it.

Lodging needed. Jackie and I will be there probably like Thursday or Friday through Monday the 2nd.

LincMassalinie
  • @Linc said:
    I feel like 2016 maybe didn't go so hot so let's get 2017 off to a proper start with some quality midnight hugs and kisses.

Or maybe some quality mass suicide? I feel like 2016 is just the start of a string of at least 3 shitty years...

DontCallMeKelsopigflipperPlottie
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

OK everyone, let's maybe just keep @ardichoke away from the champagne glasses. :eek3:

ardichokeGnomeQueenDontCallMeKelsoUPSLynx
  • Don't worry, I won't be there anyway :P I'm hosting my own NYE thing so I can pass out in my own bed.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

Can we burn a fucking effigy of 2016? Maybe try and summon some dark lords to consume the planet for 2017? Just planting seeds.

GnomeQueenMassaliniepigflipper
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

maybe

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

Wish I could be there :(

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

Sadly @thrax are a no unless we see some huge changes in airline prices. Our tickets just went up to 771/each :(

Levex
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

I can be there if these conditions are met:

1. Ticket from TLH (GOOD FUCKING LUCK)
    2. My work lets me (GOOD FUCKING LUCK)
    3. I want to be there, life is shit and I need good times with good friends.
  • FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

Massalinie and I will be showing up but we'll need rides from the airport to the house.

LincUPSLynxMassalinie
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I'm out this year.

@Tushon I'm crashing at Anne & Eli's for MLK weekend so that can be your remedial event.

RyderTushon
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@Linc said:
    @Tushon I'm crashing at Anne & Eli's for MLK weekend so that can be your remedial event.

Well, I'm attending the invite-only special edition of mini-IC DC-edition of NYE celebration shenanigans

Ryder
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

While I may not be coming to ICNY this year, there's a shipment of Lava Lamps for @Linc on it's way.

LincUPSLynxLevexRyanMM
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

@HumerusMeg said:
    Sadly @thrax are a no unless we see some huge changes in airline prices. Our tickets just went up to 771/each :(

Sadly out this year :(

LevexSazbean
  • LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian
    edited December 2016

I am not going to make it this year, too many dog/cat jobs to say no too. Plus having @DontCallMeKelso in Iowa will be the bonus. Should make it to ICSP though :) Will miss you all <3

• SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

@sazboom & I are in, we have lodging out in the sticks

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

Out, going be home with the fam this year.

LevexaspieRommelChooch

In so far:

+10 with residents, family, etc.

Let me know if anyone else plans to show up soon so I buy enough champagne.

Levex
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

i guess in.

Linc
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian

@ryanfodder and I are planning on being there...likely showing up friday(?) with the standard four-legged beasts. May we basement again? That worked well last time

Linc
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@malia said:
    @ryanfodder and I are planning on being there...likely showing up friday(?) with the standard four-legged beasts. May we basement again? That worked well last time

Well, didn't everyone basement before? Since the attic is likely to be pretty chilly?

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Basement will also likely be chilly...

• maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian

@GnomeQueen said:

@malia said:

Well, didn't everyone basement before? Since the attic is likely to be pretty chilly?

I was thinking more in respect to dogs than cold - last time we were up in the attic, Hallie made the rounds trying to snuggle people, and they tend to be pretty unobservant of others sleeping when they want to go outside.

Levex

Current temperatures:

• Main Floor: 68° F
    • Basement: 53° F
    • Attic: 44° F
    • Outdoors: 30° F

I can bring up to 4 cots (max 240 lbs) to the basement for anyone who would rather join the dogs than the cold, and of course I don't care on which of the two floors you inflate your own bed. Unfortunately the rest of our bedding is floor-specific - no regular mattresses etc on the basement floor, let alone bringing them up and down the stairs.

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

44 is like perfect sleeping temp imo.

Yea, 44 is fine for now, I am just wondering what it's going to be up there if it's 0-10 degrees out.

Is there any interest in me making spaghetti again? I could do it for dinner the 30th or Sunday the 1st again like last year.

@GnomeQueen said:
    Is there any interest in me making spaghetti again? I could do it for dinner the 30th or Sunday the 1st again like last year.

Sure! We have the noodles already.

• MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

We secured that AirBnB up the street.

@FettBacon and I were hoping to go see Rogue One while we're together, if anyone else is interested in joining! Probably worth doing some sort of VIP or DBOX thing if you guys have that (I'm not sure how cinema tech differs in the US lol)