7 Gamers, 1 CPU

This..... this is the most awesome thing I've seen in a long time. I want to build it. Badly. Who wants to give me $30k?

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

I am not really sure how they got to 30k unless the monitors are included in the cost.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@_k said:
    I am not really sure how they got to 30k unless the monitors are included in the cost.

They are.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

I'm currently set up to do three simultaneous users :)

Watched this a couple of times and don't recall hearing what he used for a hypervisor though... any ideas?

• Something I'm not familiar with called unRAID... he mentioned it a couple times in the video...

https://lime-technology.com/

You could do this with Xen or KVM under Linux too, though it would probably be more complicated to set up. I've been wanting to do it for a while (set up a KVM box with a virtualized Windows gaming machine and a Linux workstation sharing a keyboard and mouse via Synergy)

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

Achievements aside, I would note that $4285/user is somewhat more than I'd be willing to pay for a single-user gaming PC.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@drasnor said:
    Achievements aside, I would note that $4285/user is somewhat more than I'd be willing to pay for a single-user gaming PC.

Distributed gaming is going to be a thing. Eventually valve is just going to be a pay 20 bucks a month to game all you want and use our Servers!
    (maybe I dunno I could see it happening)

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

@Karma said:

@drasnor said:

Distributed gaming is going to be a thing. Eventually valve is just going to be a pay 20 bucks a month to game all you want and use our Servers!
    (maybe I dunno I could see it happening)

Nvidia already does something like that with GeForce Now.