Star Wars Rogue One Discussion FULL OF SPOILERS SPOILER THREAD

13»

Comments

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Those were there in the original trilogy, at least in A New Hope. I saw it as maintaining a consistent timeline of Vader's appearance.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

@Winfrey said:
    The red lenses in vader's helmet was mostly what I noticed as different.

The lenses were red in the ANH mask, it was just harder to see at the time.

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/RotS2ANHvader_comp.htm

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Saw it again last night. Even better the second time around

BobbyDigiZanthianCliff_ForsterRyanFodder
  • @primesuspect said:
    Saw it again last night. Even better the second time around

And now that you have seen it twice you can have your nerd card back.

• http://www.cracked.com/blog/please-donE28099t-cgi-carrie-fisher-plea-to-star-wars/

"Dear Star Wars" Please let Carrie Fisher Rest in Peace"

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

My only complaint is that they missed it when they asked Leia what she had at the end and just said "hope", surprised they didn't corn it up more and say "a new hope".

K2 had just enough humor in just the right way to add some funny and fit the theme. Not screwing it up by stupid goof like JarJar attempted. Reminded me of TARS in Interstellar.

The architecture i thought was kind of silly too. Heat release that just opens and closes over and over again? Bridge to no where for satellite adjustments, because they need to visually confirm it is pointed into space?

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Really good look into the CGI Tarkin/Leia in Rogue One. Touches on how it was done, as well as the controversy around bringing back characters after death.

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

No need to repeat everything everyone else said. Pacing was fantastic. This is a movie that could have stood on its own without any problem.

Saw it after Carrie Fisher died, so seeing her at the end was bittersweet. Tarkin's CGI to me was fine. Princess Leia's was bad. Vader's pun was horrible. Throwing C-3PO and R2-D2 for 5 seconds of screen time was pointless. Vader's bacta tank was OMFG!!!!!

Otherwise, an excellent movie, except for @primesuspect expecting Bothans.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Agreed, @primesuspect, even better the second time around. I felt like the second viewing allowed for more of the emotional impact to hit, especially with Chirrut and Baze.

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

I enjoyed it more the second time.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

Cliff_Forster
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

My, how he has fallen. I remember when he actually had insights that were interesting.

Cliff_ForsterLinc
  • @RyanMM said:
    My, how he has fallen. I remember when he actually had insights that were interesting.

I Did laugh at the "Who is their military tactician, RAY CHARLES!!!"

Those videos are obvious attempts at troll humor. If you do take it seriously though, Mr. Plinkett falls victim to the same human error that ever single reviewer on every piece of Star Wars media will, that comparative analysis to other installments rather than looking at the film on it's own merits. They will complain one installment it too similar to another, then when it does something different, it will not embrace the spirit of what makes the franchise great... Won't be able to please everyone.