Star Wars prequels: What If

RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
edited January 2017 in Movies & TV

Came across these today, and thought it was quite interesting.

Here's how episode 1could have been:

Episode 2:

Episode 3:

Curious what your thoughts are, i think this is a more plausible, different story it could have been.

Linctrooster89drasnor

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

I've seen those before. I liked them a lot, but I imagine there may be other issues with his ideas that aren't coming to mind because I didn't spend a lot of time analyzing them. Likewise curious about counter arguments. He's obviously put more thought into any of this than I ever have.

• aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

Sorry, couldn't get past how much the guy looks like @UPSLynx ......

_k
  • http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/

Lucas is a genius. He doesn't need some bone head @UPSLynx imposter to tell him what to do.

Gargtrooster89
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

I thought they were very interesting. My biggest take away is the view of all 6 movies as a sequential whole. These rewrites preserve the suspense in the best moments of the original movies while also adding depth to the characters in the first 3. As well as streamline the plot in the first 3 movies.

1-3 are similar to Game of Thrones in my opinion in terms of complexity as far as some of the diplomacy goes. There was a reason Lucas made 4, 5 & 6 into movies over 1-3 to begin with. There's a lot going on in 1-3 that doesn't translate well to a movie format . Especially when compared to episodes 4-6. @Cliff_Forster 's article was interesting, but I sometimes get tired of the apologetics required to support some of Lucas's decisions. The changes suggested in these videos would help mitigate that for the typical movie audience...