Upgrading the miniSD card in my Moto 3

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited January 2017 in Hardware

So, I decided it would be nice to have some more space on my mobile. It would especially be nice to be able to have a larger library of downloaded songs in Spotify since I'm on a restrictive data plan.

I figured it would be a rather simple operation: Copy things to new card. done.

I was wrong.

All the advice online says to do what I already tried, just copy it all over to the new card and it will work. Some recommend formatting the new card in the phone first, so I tried that too. No worky.

The problem is that the phone doesn't 'want' to change cards. Whenever I remove the current card it says "The SD card is out. Put the card back or you can't use any of these apps". It doesn't care if I put in the other card with all the same info on it, the only way past the warning message is to put the first card back in or push the 'forget this card' button, which warns me that I will lose all information on the card forever and can never get it back even if I put the card back in someday.

I want to use my new card, but I also don't want to lose all that data. There must be a better way. Any help?

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Do you have a way to copy the data to a PC first? Copy data, put new card in phone, format card, copy data back to phone with new card in it

CB
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

that is how i did it.