Expo 2017: Travel Plans & Hotel Sharing

mertesnmertesn I am Bobby MillerYukon, OK Icrontian
edited June 2017 in Events

ARRIVAL.

We officially begin at 5pm on Wednesday, June 21 with dinner. If you're flying into DTW and want to join us for dinner, that means you should land by 4pm. We welcome arrivals as early as the Sunday prior if you don't mind helping during setup, but please no earlier without clearance. Usually we have some informal activities on Tuesday (22nd).

DEPARTURE.

We officially end at midnight on Saturday, June 24. We do informal group brunches on Sunday. Anyone is welcome to stay as late as Monday (28th). Please no later without clearance.

AIRPORT RIDES.

We hope you can coordinate your own airport rides from other Icrontians via this discussion. DTW is approximately 20 minutes from the house, 30 in heavy traffic. If you have a car and are able, please consider making at least 1 airport run. If you are unable to find a ride, please ask Lincoln or Brian AT LEAST A DAY PRIOR so we have time to coordinate. Taxis are stupid expensive.

POST YOURS.

Post your own travel dates. If by air, please include the flight number. We only need your Detroit arrival / departure times, not every leg and/or what time you're boarding in Timbuktu.

AIRPORT/TRAIN TRAVELERS
ARRIVAL SCHEDULE
Saturday, 17 June:

Sunday, 18 June:

Monday, 19 June:

Tuesday, 20 June:

Wednesday, 21 June:

Thursday, 22 June:

• @k - 11:37 PM - Spirit Airlines 734

DEPARTURE SCHEDULE
Sunday, 25 June:

Monday, 26 June:

Overachievers

• @Jokke - Saturday July 8 - 10:50PM - KL6048

Comments

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited June 2017

Once again, I will have a room at the Courtyard Detroit Dearborn from June 18 (Sun) - 26 (Mon). It's about a 15 minute drive to ICHQ. The room will accommodate up to four comfortably. @DeathJester already has one spot reserved. If you're interested in taking one of the two remaining spots, PM me and we can work out the details. You must have your own transportation to/from ICHQ.

Room occupants (last updated 10 June):
    @mertesn
    @QCH

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

I request DTW Pickup at Midnight Tuesday (6/20) night and Drop off 4PMish Monday (6/26)

Digi Arrival: TUE, 20 JUN 2017 11:54 PM Delta DL 2828

Digi Departure: MON, 26 JUN 2017 5:47 PM Delta DL 1269

-Digi

@BobbyDigi said:
    I request DTW Pickup at Midnight Tuesday (6/20) night and Drop off 4PMish Monday (6/26)

Digi Arrival: TUE, 20 JUN 2017 11:54 PM Delta DL 2828

Digi Departure: MON, 26 JUN 2017 5:47 PM Delta DL 1269

-Digi

I can pick you up.

BobbyDigi
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2017

My flight from Munich comes into DTW on Saturday at 130pm (DL23). If someone happens to be making that trip or like really wants to go get me, I'll take it, but I have no problem just getting a cab or an Uber or a DriveNow if Detroit has those now.

My flight from DTW to Munich leaves on Sunday at 530pm (DL22). I should be able to get a ride with one of the Cincinnatians on their way out of the city that afternoon.

I'll be staying with the other Cincinnatians in a AirBnB Wednesday through Sunday, but I'm not sure about my accommodations on the rest of the days yet.

• MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2017

I'm flying in! @Levex said she may be able to pick me up on Wed, need a lift back on Sunday as well.

Arrival: Wed, 11:06am - Delta 5896
    Departure: Sunday, 3:35pm - WS7684

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

@Massalinie Departure says Sunday, but above that you say Saturday.. which is it? :D

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

Driving in on Tuesday...

• LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian
    edited May 2017

Driving in Tuesday the 20th - Driving out Monday the 26th, have Air B&B.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2017

Flying in Tuesday 20th
    AA 5414 landing at 4:56PM

departing Monday 26th
    AA 5590 departing at 10:49A

Currently @Levex is providing transportation for both AFAIK (please confirm :) ), but if someone else is nearby in time, we should coordinate that provided there is room.

Levex

@Tushon Yes can and will be available for airport pickup/drop off, I just have to get on the road and head straight for the airport :) I am also happy to pickup others if needed around the same time.

• MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

@Ryder said:
    @Massalinie Departure says Sunday, but above that you say Saturday.. which is it? :D

Sunday, sorry. Fixed ^_^

Ryder
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2017

Arriving Wednesday the 21st
    Delta 1212 landing 2:28 PM

Departing Sunday the 25th
    Delta 1149 departing 3:42 PM

I have TSA Pre though they randomly decline it sometimes.

EDIT: Staying at the same local AirBnB folks I stayed with last year, a few houses down Avery from ICHQ.

@CB said:
    My flight from Munich comes into DTW on Saturday at 130pm. If someone happens to be making that trip or like really wants to go get me, I'll take it, but I have no problem just getting a cab or an Uber or a DriveNow if Detroit has those now.

My flight from DTW to Munich leaves on Sunday at 530pm. I should be able to get a ride with one of the Cincinnatians on their way out of the city that afternoon.

I'll be staying with the other Cincinnatians in a AirBnB Wednesday through Sunday, but I'm not sure about my accommodations on the rest of the days yet.

What airline/flight?

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

Spirit Airlines - Flight 734
    11:37p Thu, Jun 22 DTW Detroit, MI

Spirit Airlines - Flight 313
    8:22p Sun, Jun 25 DTW Detroit, MI

primesuspectLinc

@mertesn said:

@CB said:
    My flight from Munich comes into DTW on Saturday at 130pm. If someone happens to be making that trip or like really wants to go get me, I'll take it, but I have no problem just getting a cab or an Uber or a DriveNow if Detroit has those now.

My flight from DTW to Munich leaves on Sunday at 530pm. I should be able to get a ride with one of the Cincinnatians on their way out of the city that afternoon.

What airline/flight?

Linc
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

Sooooo would someone prefer picking me up from the airport at 1am Tuesday or 8am Wednesday? :D

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Well seeing how Icrontic events usually go, there'll be more people awake at 1AM than 8AM.

Massalinie
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

No

DontCallMeKelsomertesn
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited May 2017

@GnomeQueen said:
    Sooooo would someone prefer picking me up from the airport at 1am Tuesday or 8am Wednesday? :D

I could figure out the timing of my road trip and scoop you up 1am Tuesday on my way from VA

Edit: can you clarify that you are talking about 1am on the 20th and not like, how some weird people do it, reference times after midnight as the same day and by some insane measure all of a sudden refer to 8am as Wednesday when 1am was Wednesday all along?

D D Do DOUBLE EDIT: I probably could pick you up either time, just let me know what you decide.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@Sonorous said:

@GnomeQueen said:

I could figure out the timing of my road trip and scoop you up 1am Tuesday on my way from VA

Edit: can you clarify that you are talking about 1am on the 20th and not like, how some weird people do it, reference times after midnight as the same day and by some insane measure all of a sudden refer to 8am as Wednesday when 1am was Wednesday all along?

D D Do DOUBLE EDIT: I probably could pick you up either time, just let me know what you decide.

Sorry! Yes, it's either 1am Wednesday morning or 8am Wednesday morning :) That would work, if you're cool with it!

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited May 2017

IF I don't get shanghaied:

Arrival: Sunday June 18, 4:00PM (EDT), KL6120. (Assuming I even get in to your country)
    Departure: Saturday July 8, 10:50PM (EDT), KL6048

Wouldn't mind sleeping in the attic, please.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@Jokke said:
    IF I don't get shanghaied:

Awww yissssss. I want to observe the Norwegian in brunch habitat again, A++ would recommend.

@CB said:
    My flight from Munich comes into DTW on Saturday at 130pm (DL23). If someone happens to be making that trip or like really wants to go get me, I'll take it, but I have no problem just getting a cab or an Uber or a DriveNow if Detroit has those now.

My flight from DTW to Munich leaves on Sunday at 530pm (DL22). I should be able to get a ride with one of the Cincinnatians on their way out of the city that afternoon.

Other options for place to stay did not pan out.

Requesting place to sleep in ICHQ for Sat-Tues nights if possible.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Southwest Flight 138
    Arriving: 4:40PM on Tuesday 6/20

@Levex @Tushon can has carpool?

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

(please note that I am departing SFO at 5:30AM PDT to ensure that even if my typical flight luck happens, I'll have alternative options to still get there. I'm getting better at this game).

LevexDontCallMeKelsoUPSKingpin
    edited May 2017

@UPSLynx said:
    Southwest Flight 138

@Levex @Tushon can has carpool?

Yes I would be more than happy to pick you up
    as well!

• I'll get Dras on the 21st at 2:30

drasnor

@UPSLynx said:
    Southwest Flight 138

When are you departing?

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Arriving by my own power on Tuesday evening to stake a claim in the attic (twin-size airbed). Officially arriving Thursday after work.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

I'll be in Monday evening, might drop by ICHQ when I get in, might just head to the hotel. Leaving bright and early the following Monday. I'll have a car for rides.