Far Cry 5

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian

I'm a sucker for a game with a good story.

I have a feeling Far Cry 5 is going to be an important video game; it's a reflection of the fears and current events that are happening in the world today. Check out the trailers:

Trailer:

And the "resistance" trailers:

Comments

• I kind of miss playing story based single player games. I've been so addicted to Overwatch that it's taken me outside of my typical gaming habits. I'm with you, this looks like a must play from a story and presentation standpoint.

primesuspect
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

This one I might have to pick up.

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

I just want to be a Midwestern Sheriff like Longmire (Watch the tv show it's really, really good) in a neo western with the ability to bring LAW to criminals. I'm excited for Farcry 5.

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

yup, will get

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2017

I don't know how to feel about this one. Modern Farcry hasn't interested my in a long time (Farcry 2 was the last one I cared about). Farcry 3, 4, and Primal all felt too cookie-cutter and tryhard. Modern Ubisoft doesn't really do it for me.

I was really interested in this game when the keyart was released. It was impossible to ignore, and blatantly poignant of modern times. Then the trailer dropped, and it was kind of disappointing. It feels like they took the easy way out and didn't want to be too offensive or controversial.

Maybe it's just a bad trailer (I think it is, anyways). It just didn't feel Farcry. The whole thing felt like a mediocre Grand Theft Auto trailer, where I was hoping for a deep Jim Jones kind of psycho mindf*k. That trailer feels like... Videogame: the Videogame.

But I realize ones trailer doesn't make a game, so I'll wait and see how it turns out. The individual character vignettes are pretty good tho.

CantiBuddyJ

On a side note, can we talk about how incredible rendered CG has gotten? Obviously this isn't gameplay, but holy cow.

IlriyasGnomeQueenZanthianBuddyJ
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

That's the part that got me too Bobby. I saw the glasses and I was like, this is incredible. I thought of you!

UPSLynx
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

That man needs to clean his glasses.

RyanMMRahnalH102

@primesuspect said:
    That's the part that got me too Bobby. I saw the glasses and I was like, this is incredible. I thought of you!

Seriously it's nuts! Look at the dirt on the glasses! The translucency on his beard hairs! The eyelashes! WHAT WIZARDRY IS THIS.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Subsurface scattering.

SonorousLincprimesuspect
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

@Thrax said:
    Subsurface scattering.

^ Buzz kill

ThraxRyanMM
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

Said it in dicksword but worth mentioning here, too; FC always gets my attention but I'm typically disappointed that the gameplay is a copy-paste job from previous iterations.

• @UPSLynx said:
    Modern Ubisoft doesn't really do it for me.

@UPSLynx means a complete game for $59.99 is weird. Need's more DLC.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

@Cliff_Forster said:

@UPSLynx said:

Lol if Ubi puts out a complete game for $60, let me know, I'm still waiting on Rainbow 6 Siege to be completed.
    The only Ubi game I've gotten a complete game out of for $60 was The Stick of Truth, and they only got that after it was done....

Really though, I'm interested in this game for the pure fact I could actually play the story with someone. I wish more story focused games would find a way to do that.

Cliff_Forster
  • @DontCallMeKelso said:

@Cliff_Forster said:

@UPSLynx said:

Lol if Ubi puts out a complete game for $60, let me know, I'm still waiting on Rainbow 6 Siege to be completed.
    The only Ubi game I've gotten a complete game out of for $60 was The Stick of Truth, and they only got that after it was done....

Really though, I'm interested in this game for the pure fact I could actually play the story with someone. I wish more story focused games would find a way to do that.

Shhhhhhh, you are ruining my attempt at EA trolling.... Killin me Smalls.