Machine to run Adobe PP (streaming video work)

edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian

While this software isn't my thing, I can build machines so I am helping someone out.
It looks like timing is good as it is now possible to build fast machines without resorting to dual Xenon.
My thoughts are:
X299 mobo (haven't thought about a brand)
i7-7820 cpu
64 GB or DDR4-2666 RAM
GTX 1080TI 11GB video card
three HD 500GB 850 EVO for OS and software
1TB 950 Pro for working files
4TB WD 7200rpm for saved work
PSU, looking at 900W Pt or Gold, liking Seasonic
Bluray burner
big ass case.

I am looking for input, advise on brands (mobo and memory), and thoughts on how well balanced this machine is. So give me some feedback.

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2017

I think it would be wise to wait till AMD Ryzen Threadripper CPUs and boards drop soon™ (summer 2017) to see about the price and performance comparisons. The rest of your post seems satisfactory to me, though the triple SSD, then bigger SSD, then HDD is a bit confusing, unless you're planning to RAID the triple SSD or something like that (and if so, I would question the $/performance gain since you're loading stuff into RAM and then using different drive already for working files). There are a number of mobos that have 2 M2 slots if you could go 2x 1TB instead of triple 500GB (but that depends on what you're doing) and even one board that has 3 M2 slots (performance info).

EDIT:
    PSU list, I really like Corsair and Seasonic here (have used both in my own builds)

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

I would second the AMD suggestion and suggest dropping all the drives for a 4-disk SSD RAID 5 and a controller designed for SSD RAID.