WANTED: Video game events for Expo 2017 (deadline Sun, Apr 30)

2»

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

I'm happy to help run Overwatch alongside whomever to make sure it happens. I love that game and despite "first timer" difficulties last year, it was a blast. Blizzard have added a lot of private match features that'll make it easier to execute this year.

As always, we'll need to ensure everyone actually has the game purchased and installed prior to the tourney (and if someone is loaning a PC to someone else, that they make sure it's available to that person at the time of the event). Last year we had a lot of issues due to people wandering off mid-tourney, and PCs not being available for other to use. A lot of this was in part to the fact that the game was new and not many people owned it yet (also I recall the rain delay of Giant Catan got messy with the tourney), so hopefully that won't be as much of an issue.

I'm open to suggestions one how to do that - perhaps there's some sort of acknowledgement/requirement on the EventBrite when people sign up to play in the tournaments? Is there a way we've managed this before for games like Rocket League or TF2?

ZanthianHumerusMeg
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:
    Is there a way we've managed this before for games like Rocket League or TF2?

Mental lists. Obs room for improvement.

-Digi

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

https://www.toornament.com/ could be an idea

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Hand written lists worked well for Rocket League ( and intentionally splitting up some more experienced players).

Speaking of, looking forward to it.

And also I can help with RL / overwatch / decathalon style games.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Sign-up ahead of time + describing experience level so that captains can pick teams evenly is a good plan. There are bracket generators as well, but I don't think that is really an issue (http://challonge.com/tournament/bracket_generator).

edited June 2017

So where my peeps at? I want to start coordinating how these are running, if you are wanting to help with running any gaming, let me know and I'll keep you in on the plans.

Based on responces in this thread, here's what I got so far:

TF2 - Me

Rocket League - Me
    @RyanFodder
    Tushon

Overwatch - Me
    @UPSLynx
    @Massalinie
    GnomeQueen
    RyanFodder

Smash Bros. - @FreshyP
    If you require any assistance, just let me know

Triathlon (Kart, Mount, Balance) - Me
    @RyanFodder
    Tushon

Minecraft (1-hour creative build) - Me
    I would like a couple (2-3) of impartial judges, if you are not planning on participating and are willing to not watch the builds and then sit down with me afterwords and judge them, please let me know. No Minecraft experience needed, just need to be able to look at something and rate how Rad it looks.
    Judges: Tushon, primesuspect, Sonorous

@Linc If these need to work into any special plans, let me know what needs to happen or not happen.

-Digi

Linc

I'm happy to help organize for Rocket League, Overwatch, TF2, triathalon, or judging Minecraft

BobbyDigi
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

@BobbyDigi I'll help be an impartial judge.

BobbyDigi
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Don't really know where to put this, so I'll put it here.

I have a PixelXL and Daydream VR, and just purchased "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes". So if there's downtime and I'm available, if anyone wants a round, let me know.

I've personally never played it, but it looks like a fantastically good time.

primesuspectCB

It's pretty fun and can be played sans VR just fine as well.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@BobbyDigi I can help judge Minecraft.

BobbyDigi

Thanks folks, that went quick. Updated my post.

-Digi

Sonorous
  • MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

Sounds good @BobbyDigi Just let me know when I am needed and what I can do :-D

BobbyDigi
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

I had volunteered to help with Overwatch too @BobbyDigi, if we need it.

BobbyDigi
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

In for Overwatch as well.

BobbyDigi
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Is there anything new that we need on the server for any of this?

Thanks.

Nothing brand new. TF2 server updated through Steam. I'll be using Minecraft server 1.12, can be had here.

-Digi