Expo 2017: Device share

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited June 2017 in Events

Howdy Y'all.

I'm a bit late with this request this year so I'll deal with it if it doesn't work out. Shipping my computer from Ca cuts into the vacation budget.

Does anyone have a computer I can use for the length of Expo 2017? Wednesday through Saturday at least? I would need it to run Rocket League and TF2, pretty sure the minimums for my other needs will be met at that point.

Thanks for any help or even leads!

-Digi

Comments

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@UPSLynx and I will also need loaner PCs.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I am bringing my work laptop, which is okay for TF2/overwatch/rocket league, but I'll probably be using and can't really share it. I'm mentioning it because I'd like to be the bottom of the "real" loaner list.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

I'll really only need a loaner for two moments - TF2 and Overwatch (since I'm helping run Overwatch). Other than that I won't need a PC at all.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

I will be prepping some loaner PCs in the coming days and weeks.

BobbyDigiMassalinieUPSLynx
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

@ryanmm come by. I have some hardware to give you for this project.

RyanMMBobbyDigi
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

@RyanMM said:
    I will be prepping some loaner PCs in the coming days and weeks.

There are not weeks left ;D
    You have exactly 2 :p

GnomeQueenRyanMM
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

I missed the boat on sending my computer at even a slightly higher than reasonable price. I hope something works out here.

"Help me Ryan of MM, you're my only hope"

-Digi

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited June 2017

I am also hoping @RyanMM can help us! The only computing device I'm bringing with me is my phone :p

• I'll be bringing my desktop for thrax to overclock. It will be available for any gaming needs.

GnomeQueen
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

It's possible that if my old PC still works AND I'm able to make TF2 work acceptably on my MacBook Pro AND there's a spare keyboard... there'd be +1 loaner from me.

GnomeQueen
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Y'all are the true MVPs.

GnomeQueen
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

I will bring my laptop for sharing, desktop (its been a while!) for gaming stuffs.

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2017

I have a spare PC (nothing fancy, AMD 5770 GPU) that I could probably bring, but on the condition that I get to donate it to the Expo and not bring it back. I'm in the process of packing and moving, and realized I don't need it anymore. Does @Linc mind another desktop lying around? I could also bring and donate a small 17" LCD.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

We can stick it in the server room for Expos future

GargGnomeQueen
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

If we have room in our transportation, I have a PC I can bring.

So, I'm down to the wire on this and I have 2 systems prepped. I would have more but it turns out that though I now have a bounty of gpus thanks to Prime, I turn out to be short in power supplies that are capable of the power requirements of these gpus.

So if anyone has any 500w+ power supplies with +24 amps of 12v, bring them to Expo and hit me up. I'll be driving through Detroit today around noon or one and can pick them up from Icrontic.

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

Does anyone have a spare mouse for the rig I'm bringing? Looks like all of my spares are worn out.

@Gargoyle said:
    Does anyone have a spare mouse for the rig I'm bringing? Looks like all of my spares are worn out.

No shortage of mice. Nothing special, just Dell optical, but they work. Will bring a box of spare stuff.

Garg
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Will need a donor mouse for whomever uses my laptop.

I have one PC in the basement thus far, it's loading some Windows updates. Running a Radeon R9 285 or something along those lines, i7-950, 6GB DDR, SSD.

I've created useraccounts for @UPSLynx @Sonorous @GnomeQueen and @BobbyDigi - it's running some updates right now but should be ready to use in a few hours.

I should have at least 1 other computer to chip in or more if I can get the power supply situation squared away.

UPSLynx
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

I brought a computer and Rob brought a monitor, but it will need a keyboard and headphones.

I also forgot an Ethernet cable this year... If anyone can help with that.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@Zanthian said:
    I brought a computer and Rob brought a monitor, but it will need a keyboard and headphones.

I also forgot an Ethernet cable this year... If anyone can help with that.

I will make some extra cables tomorrow. If anyone wants to learn seek me out.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

We have so many ethernet cables in the basement it's silly.

Is a 5770 enough for most of the games people are playing? I have a system tested and ready but due to PSU limitations on that one that's the beefiest GPU I have on hand that it'll handle.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@RyanMM yes, probably so.

RyanMM

Okay, so I'll have 2 more working systems to bring down today - both 1st gen i7s with 6-12GB of RAM, 30GB of free space on their boot SSDs, and one with a 5770 and the other with an R9 290x (video card 1 of 3 tested good @primesuspect).

I may be able to prep 1 more system with a GeForce 760 or something in that realm. We'll see.

Will have plety of spare basic keyboards and mice as well.