Civ V - Xenophobia [complete]

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Compton has 4 uranium just outside its walls. The folks of that prime, coastal suburb are sad, fersure.

Garg
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Is that the only uranium that we have?

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

No. I spotted a couple other green glows around. One of them is just outside Compton's radius to the south, in the No-man's-land that used to be my territory before my first city burned.

• I have 4, garg has 4. But it is all useless if we can't control the sea. They will nuke us before missiles come in. Need boats, boats, boats, boats. PS. they landed a unit south of garg.

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

I started sending horsies down south so we're totally cool.

:-/:sawed:

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

I've been cranking out a sub every third turn, but since I can't house two subs in my city simultaneously, they sink one of them before the third is built.

• @GHoosdum can you maintain one sub and build some bombers? Move the sub out 2 tiles to get sight of units, bomb them, then retreat the sub back to your city? I think I have a few oil left for trade.
    @Gargoyle I'll have 6 new land units in a turn or two, and I'll help kill the thing and secure the uranium fields.

Garg
    edited July 2017

@PirateNinja said:
    @GHoosdum can you maintain one sub and build some bombers? Move the sub out 2 tiles to get sight of units, bomb them, then retreat the sub back to your city? I think I have a few oil left for trade.

Yep. As soon as I complete the sub I'm working on, I'll get to work on more bombers. I've got one healing from my unfortunate encounter with fighter interception when I tried to sink their carrier a few turns ago.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

I finally got Civ V if anyone wants to play.

Garg

@GHoosdum said:

@PirateNinja said:
    @GHoosdum can you maintain one sub and build some bombers? Move the sub out 2 tiles to get sight of units, bomb them, then retreat the sub back to your city? I think I have a few oil left for trade.

Yep. As soon as I complete the sub I'm working on, I'll get to work on more bombers. I've got one healing from my unfortunate encounter with fighter interception when I tried to sink their carrier a few turns ago.

I know that feel.

• Ps this game has been going on since I was in my 20s.

GargCBZanthian

So I sent my worker to mine GH's Uranium. I can crank out a sub every turn and have been doing so to put a hurting on their navy. I have one Great Scientist coming next turn and then another two turns after that so that should get us pretty darn close to being able to build nukes. I can't imagine they are ahead of us in Tech, so if we get them first we should be golden. We can nuke the seas with impunity.

GHoosdumPirateNinjaGarg
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

I giggled at naming my city "Compton" because it seemed so fanciful and far away.

...now it's 5mins away. Shit.

GHoosdumGarg

@CrazyJoe said:
    I can't imagine they are ahead of us in Tech, so if we get them first we should be golden.

I think you're right; all my spies came back last turn and said there was nothing they could steal.

GHoosdum
  • If I recall correctly they are like one or two techs behind us. We lead with something like 76% in tech, and they are at 74 or 75.

My spies have reported that they have commenced construction of the Manhattan Project in Free Curry.

Garg

Even the construction of the Manhatten project doesn't mean they can have nukes since there are two more techs needed for actual nukes. Be on the lookout and prioritize their carriers just in case though.

GHoosdum

Forgot to take a screenshot, but there are two subs, two infantry, an ironclad, and a battleship off @GHoosdum's coast. Plus a Hussar that's about to eat some of my low altitude AA flak.

I took care of the infantry that landed down south of me.

They are 3 turns away from Manhattan Project, we're 5. I see that they have at least one source of Uranium.

My spies report that they don't have tech for us to steal so even if they get the Manhattan Project up and running they are a few techs away from being able to build missiles. I'll have two Great Scientists next turn so we should be ready to go shortly.

• I'll focus production next turn and that will cut a turn off man project. I had a chance to score an extra population and we still need two techs so i was taking my time. I get six land units next turn. Which I'd like to use for an invasion after we glow the seas.

I took out one of their subs off my coast. They've actually got two additional subs accompanying the infantry, otherwise I would have targeted those.

• I'm camping until Friday if @GHoosdum you want to disable the timer for a bit.

• @CB I asked for gold. If you do not need it, I could use it to buy a worker while I finish the Manhattan project. This would get us aluminum in the next 5 turns instead of 8-10. Aluminum would give Joe a massive boost to production, which is going to be pretty critical. So if you don't have a better idea for the gold, maybe you can accept? As soon as Manhattan is done I'll start on the AA spam, which is really what any of us incapable of a navy should be making I think.

OK, we're now 10 turns away from building the Atomic Bomb. Yes, getting Aluminum to be able to build a Hydro Plant in my city would be huge. I think we're going to be good, because even if they build the Manhattan Project they're at least that far away from getting the techs needed to research Atomic Bombs. They managed to take out all my Sub screens, so I have two battleships that are about to start bombarding my city. Any money to buy units would be helpful. I did upgrade my airforce so that'll help, although I'm going to be losing my oil next turn.

edited July 2017

Also, @PirateNinja if you could gift me the infantry next to my city so I could park it in my city to increase it's defense it would help me out. @CB a musket or artillery might help me, at least get it into position. @GHoosdum you need to take out the one infantry directly next to your city, or it will fall once it gets bombarded by all the battleships.

The three cities of theirs that I can see don't even produce as much science combined as I do so if I can stay in the game we're golden once we can make nukes.

Garg

I'm in the middle of moving, so if my turn comes around before Thursday, it'll probably have to wait. After that, I think I should be OK.

The turn timer is temporarily disabled. Let me know when you're semi-settled and I'll re-enable it.

Garg
  • Do not forget to upgrade your airplanes. As Japan, fighters don't cost oil. Also, paratroopers now available for great justice..
    If you guys want to build nukes in 5 turns, get your Uranium straightened out now. I.e. setup trade with CB or know that I will have some in 2-3 turns.

So should my bombers focus on taking out the battleships attacking me or do you need help defending your city, @GHoosdum?