Playing Magic at ICHQ & nearby

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian

@Magic @sharkydart @Soda @dark_arches @Colgere and... you?

Hour of Devastation pre-release is next weekend; that would work poorly for me. However, the following weekend (July 14-15) would be the release and work very well for me. My venue of preference is Get Your Game On (Ferndale). I'm also open to Pandemonium (Garden City) or RIW (Livonia) or GOB (Clawson).

In other news. Sealed booster packs I have available and would be happy to open for sealed or draft:

• Amonkhet (I typically keep some of the current set on hand)
  • Conspiracy (half box - draft only)
  • Conspiracy: Take the Crown (box - draft only)
  • Modern Masters 2015 & 2017 (box ea.)
  • Eternal Masters (box)
  • A variety of Modern sets if you wanna do something random.
  • I am willing to get other packs if there is strong desire for something specific.
  • I am buying the shit out of Unstable when it shows up in December. Looking forward to making an "Un-Standard" deck.

Other other news. Interested in trying out my Commander deck(s) or putting together a cube draft. The last week in July & the second half of August are rather open for me.

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

I also just scooped up the new multiplayer set, Archenemy: Nicol Bolas. Come at me.

• SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian

I'm nailing down when I'm having a housewarming, but at the very least Friday would work for me any week.

I'm available this weekend, and then honestly not for two weekends after that. I have a steampunk thing, multiple housewarmings, family visiting from chicago, a friend visiting from california, it's a mess. So just let me know what ends up happening on the off-chance something ends up canceled that day.

edited July 2017

My schedule changed and I could actually do the Friday draft now or either event Saturday. Kyle's graduation party is that evening but I wasn't planning to stay the entire time anyway.

I've never played Two-Headed Giant but hell, I'd do that Sunday too.

• My daughter and I have taken some interest in tabletop gaming. We have a couple board and card games we enjoy, certain things my wife likes too, Qwirkle and Ticket to Ride have been hits with the Mrs but Magic would not be her thing (I don't think). My daughter likes themed games, we have played Boss Monster for example. How difficult is it to get into Magic? We have never played, can two total noobs even make a reasonable pass at getting into it or is it better to belong to a larger group that plays?

• Duh, you wrote a whole intro to this very question!! NM

The saturday afternoon event works pretty well for me.

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

Very interest in next weekend. I'll figure it out and get back with you.

Two weekends in a row with someone to play Magic with? :shock:

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

(jesus christ thank you, I've been begging people to play with him for years)

• StackStack Sassy and short Icrontian

Id be down this saturday :)

Soda
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian

There are some interesting cards in Hour of Devastation - not sure how viable many will be in Modern, etc. outside of sideboard - hopefully Standard is playable/diverse!

Anybody play on XMage? I like Cockatrice too, but it feels like voice communication is needed to make it work.

Soto and I had a great 5 hours of gaming on Saturday and won a few packs for our efforts. Hour of Devastation is a real challenging set for limited deck building - I didn't really understand how to best play my deck until the second match.

I'm definitely down to play again this Saturday @Stack and @MAGIC (and anyone else).

July 15th
    Hour of Devastation Draft Day
    1:00pm Start
    Drafts fire as we get pods of 8
    $13 Entry

GnomeQueenStack

I also picked up a set of preconstructed Commander (100 cards, no duplicates) decks for the house if anyone wants to play those.

• ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian

@sharkydart said:
    There are some interesting cards in Hour of Devastation - not sure how viable many will be in Modern, etc. outside of sideboard - hopefully Standard is playable/diverse!

Anybody play on XMage? I like Cockatrice too, but it feels like voice communication is needed to make it work.

Well, SCG Cincinnati will hopefully show whether Standard is playable this weekend. :P

Prerelease for Ixalan is coming. I'll be there with @Soda.

• Sealed deck (6 packs to build a 40-card deck)
    • Get Your Game On - Ferndale
    • This Saturday at 12:30
    • $30
    • 4 rounds (each is best of 3)

Everything I've heard about this set has been A+ so far. Pirates, dinosaurs, mermaids, goblins, treasure, and transforming lands.

BobbyDigiSoda