Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy KnobPflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

This is priceless!

JokkedrasnorRyderprimesuspect

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

It does look nicer, though

RyderMt_Goat
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian

Obviously biased, but I kind of like the Android interface better. It's usually pretty decent about showing info related to my recent searches. And the buttons at the bottom are pretty quick to switch between apps.

Mt_Goat
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2017

I have been consistently and sometimes frighteningly impressed with Google's ability to know what I'm looking for, no matter how weird it is. I don't wanna say it's "flawless" but it's close enough to feel confident and natural. It's the closest I've ever come to talking to a machine and having it seem human.

Mt_Goat
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited July 2017

I had to share as I not only found it entertaining but it really represented my feelings and experiences. Android just works like it's supposed to and Apple just bamboozles you with pretty. Have you ever noticed the ads for new iPhone's on TV and think, but my android phone's have done that for years already? A real good example was last year in Vegas. I had met up with my family for vacation. My sister was the only one with an iPhone and asked why I kept holding my then almost 2 year old Note 4 up like I was taking pictures but never touched the shutter button. So I demonstrated how I used the voice feature by saying "capture " instead of touching something. I also went on to tell her that it allowed me to hold the phone steady without reaching for a button. She then informed me that her then brand new iPhone didn't have that option. I just find it amusing how Apple fans are so enamored with fluff while Android users enjoy its functionality. As @primesuspect mentioned the almost eerie uncaninous of Google. And that is precisely what's behind my constant joke of Google = Skynet from the Terminator movies.

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

Android Auto is incredible. And there are icons, they're just smaller. I prefer the widgets anyway, since they're easier to reach. However, with the voice commands integrated, icons aren't necessary.

Mt_Goat

Android Auto has made my drives much better. I have a subscription to Play music as well, so that helps a ton. All I wish for is that Waze gets added to the list of Android Auto apps.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I recently got to use Android Auto on @HumerusMeg's new car, and wow is it nice. It makes my ICE, which is still pretty good, feel like a relic from another era.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Yeah, I love AA. It works, it's creepy, it charges my phone while displaying on my dash screen... it's swank. (The 2017 CR-V has a fucking baller tech package and I love it to death.)

And @Cyclonite , I think Spotify has Waze integration now? Or something on my phone did. So if you have Spotify and use it through AA, you should get your Waze fix.

Mt_Goat
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

Direct waze integration is there for Android Auto, if you sign up for the beta version of waze.

ThraxSnarkasm

@Snarkasm said:
    Yeah, I love AA. It works, it's creepy, it charges my phone while displaying on my dash screen... it's swank. (The 2017 CR-V has a fucking baller tech package and I love it to death.)

And @Cyclonite , I think Spotify has Waze integration now? Or something on my phone did. So if you have Spotify and use it through AA, you should get your Waze fix.

As long as I can get AA I cannot see spending the extra money for nav. Google Maps do such a great job of it including traffic. And as an extra benefit I don't have to worry about someone using my navigation if the vehicle is stolen to then find and Rob my home as every thing i's stored on my phone and not in the car.

Snarkasm

@Thrax said:
    I recently got to use Android Auto on @HumerusMeg's new car, and wow is it nice. It makes my ICE, which is still pretty good, feel like a relic from another era.

I really love AA in conjunction with Sync 3 (also Android). Oh, how I hated the original Sync that was Microslut. Funny to think that I went decades with nothing and now I can't stand to be without.

edited July 2017

@Zanthian said:
    Direct waze integration is there for Android Auto, if you sign up for the beta version of waze.

I applied, but never received a response. :(

Also, I think Sync3 is running Blackerry's QNX. Still much better than previous versions of Sync!

Mt_Goat

@Cyclonite said:

@Zanthian said:

I applied, but never received a response. :(

Also, I think Sync3 is running Blackerry's QNX. Still much better than previous versions of Sync!

Yes, I stand corrected. I remember before release that it was thought to have gone Android.

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian