RIP Chester Bennington

aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politicoIndianapolis, IN Icrontian

I'll just let the article do the talking...

Chester Bennington: Linkin Park vocalist 'took his own life'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40676530

Comments

• This story is far too common.

Kwitko
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

I'm really devastated. Linkin Park was really important to me in my youth, and actually helped introduce me to the entire genre of alternative music. I've followed them over the years and I love they were unafraid to experiment and move away from their initial sound. I got to see them in 2005 and they were a totally fantastic live show. This is especially sad because he was close friends with Chris Cornell; I don't think it's a coincidence that he died on Chris's birthday and in the same way. Please to all of you out there-- seek help if you need it. It isn't weakness-- we all need help at some point.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

I know a lot of people who were never interested in rock music until Linkin Park started getting major radio play. Chester and his band mates influenced a tremendous amount of young people over the years. His voice was a force to be reckoned with.

GnomeQueen

@Sonorous said:
    I know a lot of people who were never interested in rock music until Linkin Park started getting major radio play. Chester and his band mates influenced a tremendous amount of young people over the years. His voice was a force to be reckoned with.

I remember being so confused and fascinated by how he could scream but still sing so beautifully (which I suppose is a thing that confuses me about most alt/metal singers). Screaming like that is SO bad for your vocal cords, but Chester at least didn't seem to have a problem with that.

• Screaming in key is incredibly difficult, doing it without damaging your voice takes an incredible amount of vocal training and dedication.

Honestly, I hate Nu Metal, I kind of despise Linkin Park, but despite that I still recognize the man was insanely talented. Shame, this is a common theme, talented people that just can't feel good enough about themselves to want to stay.