Massey is an Omeganaut

MassalinieMassalinie _k's WaifuTexas Icrontian
edited August 2017 in Gaming

Every PAX event they pick 20 random attendees for their Omegathon elimination tournament which spans the entire weekend. Omeganauts compete in games from every category (tabletop, console, PC) culminating in a live championship match on the big stage during PAX closing ceremonies. The grand prize this year is a trip to any PAX in the world (including Australia).

I got picked. :shock:

It's this weekend starting Friday; Sept 1st-4th. It's my second time attending PAX West in Seattle. @Farge will be there, along with my step-brother and many coworkers (and tens of thousands of other people). I get fancy swag, early entrance on Friday and my face on giant banners throughout the convention - hopefully not with a big red X over it too soon :laugh:

I'll be competing live on Twitch - stream links to come. I hope some of you will tune in to watch me compete! (and cheer me on aggressively in chat)

Here's the schedule (in PST):
http://west.paxsite.com/schedule?sfl=122#

The games are:
Round 1: Scattergories
Round 2: Mario Kart 8
Round 3: Guillotine
Round 4: Robo Recall (Oculus Touch exclusive)
Round 5: N64 Wrestlemania 2000
Final: Mystery Round

They'll eliminate four of us each of the first four rounds, then two in the semi-final so the final will be 1v1. I'm super nervous and super excited. Honestly I'll be thrilled if I survive past the first round. I haven't had much time to practice; my coworkers have been helping train me with their participation and lending of games and a Wii U. Sure wish I had the Mario Kart skills some of you do! I'm terrified of that round but at least it's early, just need to be top 12. Tips welcome :grin: Expecting chaos.

StackRyderprimesuspectBuddyJJokkeLincAlexDeGruvenCBelyxandraSnarkasmRahnalH102EMTdrasnormaliaFettBaconTushonGnomeQueenWinfrey

Comments