Nintendo bringing back NES Classic in 2018 - aka Nintendo decides it enjoys making money....

ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
edited September 2017 in Gaming

FYI:

http://www.rttnews.com/story.aspx?Id=2813996

Also from the article, SNES Classic will be shipped out beyond end of 2017:

"Due to incredible demand for the upcoming Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition system, Nintendo plans to ship the retro-inspired product into 2018. Originally, shipments were announced to cease at the end of this calendar year," Nintendo said.

BobbyDigiBuddyJ

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I think they must have discontinued it because they realized their price was wrong...

• Seems a little silly to have both an NES and SNES version come out around the same time. Market confusion? Why not just bundle all the games on one piece of hardware with SNES style controllers? I have my NES Classic, if I'm being honest guys, that nostalgia thing, it is fun for a couple hours then you put it in the box. I was so hot to have one, then I was like, meh.... The game I like the most is Mega Man 2 and I can get those all on PC legit. Am I ever going to do another Zelda play through? Probably not. It's funny how your childhood holds your wallet captive sometimes. I may sell mine.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

When the NES was out, there was only the NES and it was good. Sure, you could have an Atari or Intellivision, but NES was king of the castle.

But for the SNES generation, there was also the Sega Genesis. Some of us grew up Genesis kids, some of us grew up SNES kids. I love the NES Classic, but could not give a shit about the SNES classic, because the Genesis was the better console. ;) But the reverse will certainly hold true for people who are wrong about everything. That is what SNES Classic exists.

Cliff_ForsterAlexDeGruven
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited September 2017

Bumping up a generation:

Saturn > N64.

Basil
  • aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

@AlexDeGruven said:
    Bumping up a generation:

Saturn > N64.

And which console had games that changed the course of gaming?

That's an extremely broad assertion that would probably require a Master's level dissertation to begin to back up.

BobbyDigi
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I owned and loved every console.

I played the shit out of my genesis, had tons of amazing games. Loved it.
    I played the shit out of my SNES, had tons of amazing games. Loved it.

But in NO universe is Genesis > SNES. Nope, no way. SNES was far, far and away the superior console.

SodaEMT
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2017

My work here is done.

* Thrax exits the thread confident in the knowledge that the Sega Genesis was the best 16-bit console. Perhaps even the only 16-bit console worth mentioning.

AlexDeGruven
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Shinobi was pretty amazing...

Altered Beast
    Earthworm Jim

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian
    edited September 2017

Sonic the Hedgehog, best game, best Genesis game

• The Genesis version of Mortal Kombat had blood. Flawless victory.

CBBasilGarg
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

CBGargSoda
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

They're both irreplaceable. Luckily, I had a friend growing up that had all the good Genesis (but more importantly - Sega CD) games, and I had the SNES, so we could swap for awhile.

SNESSega / Sega CD
    Final Fantasy 4Lunar 1
    Final Fantasy 6Lunar 2
    Secret of EvermoreVay
    Secret of ManaShining Force 1
    Ogre BattleShining Force 2
    Breath of FireShining Force CD
    Illusion of GaiaPopful Mail
    A Link to the PastLandstalker

Oh, and Sega was remorselessly killing teens (with blood) way before Sony got around to it in FF7.

Sega Superiority:

Soda