Star Wars Episode VIII discussion

Comments

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

@Cliff_Forster said:
    The prequels did not re capture the magic of many a childhood...

@AlexDeGruven said:
    Midichlorians.

Your argument is invalid.

@Cliff_Forster said:
    Yes... that sucks too.

Literally did not recapture the magic of the original films.

• I didn't mean to derail to talking about future Star Wars efforts. Good news is bad Dino / Star Lord movie guy has been upgraded to JJ Abrams. Thank the maker.

Thrax
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

@Cliff_Forster said:
    I didn't mean to derail to talking about future Star Wars efforts. Good news is bad Dino / Star Lord movie guy has been upgraded to JJ Abrams. Thank the maker.

This is the best possible outcome because 7 was SO GOOD.

Though, this makes me want Disney to cycle through all kinds of directors for Star Wars movies. I'd love to see something like Christopher Nolan doing Rogue One. Or Luc Besson doing the Obi Wan movie.

• Kevin Smith - The Jar Jar Movie. Tim Burton - Boba Fett Returns. Martin Scorsese - Jabba the Hutt "Slug Life".

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I bet it leaks before MNF.

BobbyDigiChooch
  • StackStack Sassy and short Icrontian

JJ Abrams is amazing, I love him. I haven't seen a movie of his I didn't like.

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

Jeebus, that trailer was emotional.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

GnomeQueenChoochBobbyDigi
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited October 2017

So I love that stupid porg thing, but he looks reeeeeeally CG in the trailer. I hope they dial that back down a bit for the actual movie.

Cliff_Forster
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2017

Mmmmm ??? that's some ?? good ? shit ?

• @GnomeQueen said:
    So I love that stupid porg thing, but he looks reeeeeeally CG in the trailer. I hope they dial that back down a bit for the actual movie.

And the Chewie CGI face.... so wrong. Rest of it, amazing, Chewie CGI... Please, FX guys, stop it.

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

0/10 Complete lack of Hux. Team Kylux disappointment ensues.

Hngh. Need this so much.

Bought tickets for the 2D IMAX "Fan" showing on Thursday night.

2 months to prepare.

Also: Want crystal fox pet pls.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

@Cliff_Forster said:

@GnomeQueen said:

And the Chewie CGI face.... so wrong. Rest of it, amazing, Chewie CGI... Please, FX guys, stop it.

Not CGI

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Begun the "Too CGI" Wars have.

RyanMM
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

But Cliff has seen many CGI and as a huge fan of star wars, he's here to tell you he's right, that's too much CGI :p

BuddyJTushonThraxUPSLynx
  • Ready for my annual trip to the movies!

GnomeQueen
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

@GnomeQueen said:
    So I love that stupid porg thing

• Chewie, if it isn't raw CG it's something weird post production. I'm sorry, it just looks unnatural. 1977 Chewie was fine. Long live 1977 Chewie.

• Okay, kidding aside, it's strange how certain CGI / motion capture can look amazing, and how some other stuff just does not get there. See, Porg, I just don't care enough if it looks all that real (it doesn't). The Porg is a pretend space rodent added for toy sales. Now Snoke... Snoke for the second you see his face looks amazing. The skin is lifelike, the eyes have feeling. That Andy Serkis is a genius at getting through the technology to create a real emotional performance. I'm jazzed about that.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

I'm not sorry

BuddyJGnomeQueenGHoosdum
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

The director:
    Huh - that’s 100% pure unCG’d

@Cliff_Forster said:
    Chewie, if it isn't raw CG it's something weird post production. I'm sorry, it just looks unnatural. 1977 Chewie was fine. Long live 1977 Chewie.

???

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

CantiBobbyDigi
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

Can't wait to see Kylo and Rey switch sides in episode 8 and then finally come together in episode 9 to defeat secret Sith Lord Poe and his fucking Porg while Chewie and John Boyega watch and eat popcorn.

KwitkoAlexDeGruvenUPSLynx

You're... You're not right in the head.

But what about Darth Jar Jar?

Also: Excellent teaser all around. Seriously can't wait for December.

• FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian