Civ V - Xenophobia [complete]

123457»

Comments

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

I nuked the shit out of two carriers that were stacked up.

Garg
  • I don't know where the carrier is, but Koreas nuke has left its mother city. It's weird typing this in 2017.

CBSoda
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I've got a nuke. I can't reach a city of course, but I can reach some coastline, and blow up some resources. Or should I hang onto it until I see a flotilla coming in?

I would use it on some boats as they are heading my way to attack.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I don't see any boats.

Test fire and reload?

• Korea is continuing to pump out bombs, so I think they are loading a carrier / carriers before they attack.

I'm not going to get the oil back any time soon.

Friendly tip @CrazyJoe you can raze improved tiles that are not inside borders (use your rifleman to raze @GHoosdum s old tiles) and you will then have over 700 gold, hopefully enough to bolster your defenses with something useful. Don't let that gold go to waste, your city is yellow.

Don't forget that zeros do not use oil. Good luck fallout friends.

Garg

OK. I will do that. I played CBs turn since he was on vacation and used his nuke to ground attack the oil fields on the western coast of their island. It took out 14 of their oil and also damaged a carrier and two battleships that were parked off the coast. I will have another bomb on my turn to further attack the units that are bombing me.

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

@PirateNinja said:
    I don't know where the carrier is, but Koreas nuke has left its mother city. It's weird typing this in 2017.

I'm pretty sure they rounded their continent to come hit your (east) side of our continent instead of my side.

I think Poland has a couple of nukes stored up, too. Not sure where they'll go.

My city is yellow now because they dropped a nuke in the bay. That killed all my subs and severely crippled my airforce and surrounding production tiles. This is the end for me fellows. The end is neigh!

Garg
  • PirateNinjaGarg

I will be nuked again next turn. That's probably the end for me.

GHoosdumGarg
  • Me four years ago: "I've gotten my ass kicked so many times by the combination of @PirateNinja and @Basil that if I create a game specifically to team up with them, we're virtually guaranteed a win!"

Me now: "Yeah, about that..."

BasilGarg

Welp, got nuked. Didn't think I was in range of any bombs, but I was, and I lost my own nuke that was garrisoned :(

I'm throwing magic missiles at the darkness. To the last, I grapple with them.

• @Gargoyle remember you can sell 1 building per turn to get a little gold. I'll try to send troops in but I have to wait for another nuke to drop first and not waste them. I'm going to see if I can gift you my worker as well for tile repair, not sure if that is possible actually but I'll try it.

Garg
    edited December 2017

And then there were two.

• I got skipped again, lord knows what the AI has done with my units. I stopped getting email notifications from GMR, and I don't leave the app open at all times. Oh well, we are near death.

Someone asked about reverting turns. That's fine with me if whoever holds it reverts, but fixing the AI's goofs won't change anything for us.

I do find it darkly humorous that the AI firmly believes we should have made peace a long time ago.

Looks like they reverted. It's your turn @PirateNinja, in case you don't get a notification. I'm not sure I did when it reverted to me.

• Nice to let me die with dignity :)

Can anyone else log into GMR? It's telling me incorrect login, but it's not a problem with my login or password, since I can navigate Steam in the browser just fine. Feels more like GMR is messing up their side of the authorization.

• I can login ok, by the way they killed you garg. Just me all by my lonesome now.

Garg
    edited January 2018

Well, after discovering you can no longer contact Steam for support, I stumble across this thread with people having similar issues.

@PirateNinja if you could post on the game chat to tell them that I can't log in to take turn/surrender, I would appreciate it.

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with Steam's lack of support. I've got a big enough game library (which is starting to look risky) from them now, I think I'll buy from GOG or elsewhere from now on.

• @Gargoyle I let them know. Steam support is absolutely the worst. Worse than Comcast. At least with Comcast you can reach resolution after banging your head against the wall for a few hours -- Steam is just impossible.

GargBobbyDigi