Myst 25th Anniversary Collection

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited May 2018 in Gaming

A little over two weeks to go on their Kickstarter. If you've enjoyed Myst as much as I have, I highly recommend checking it out.

They've managed to get the licensing squared away to offer every episode of Myst (did you know there are 7??) together for the first time, all spruced up to run on both Windows 10 and Mac OSX. I've never played several of them because by the time I got them I had trouble running their legacy requirements.

ALSO THEY MADE A "REAL" LINKING BOOK. Geeked.

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2018

I'm just playing Myst for the first time after missing it years ago. I saw realMyst on the Play store, and figured maybe it was finally time to find out what all the noise is about.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

The game that made the CD-ROM a killer app in PCs!

The Oculus of 1998!

Realistically, you can't expect it to have the same impact as the folks coming to it from a nostalgia aspect, because it really did create a new level no one had ever seen before in gaming. That said, it's fundamentally a plot-driven puzzle game (the origin of the genre, even) with gorgeous scenery, so it's the best possible candidate for graphics updates to reach a new audience.

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    edited May 2018

I have totally paid for this kickstarter already.... SO EXCITEEEE I used to play these games with my dad growing up, only got through the first 3 and was unable to continue as an adult d/t crashing all the time

pigflipper

@HumerusMeg said:
    I used to play these games with my dad growing up

Samesies. We did coop for both Myst and Riven.

pigflipper
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

Thanks for the reminder. Backed.

Less than 3 days remaining, and the extra goodies have been piling up pretty steadily. They're nearing 1000% of their goal.

They've committed to a Mac version being available, which convinced me to get a second copy for Christmas for my dad (you need a second Kickstarter account to do this, FYI).