Expo 2018: Pedal Pub - what's that?

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited May 2018 in Events

On the Expo 2018 ticket form you will find a "Pedal Pub" adventure. There was confusion about that last year, so I wanted to tell you more about it this year because I think it'll be a great activity for everyone.

We're renting two of these:

What are we doing on these things?

Touring downtown Detroit! We'll make a few stops to rest and do sightseeing. At this time, we're leaning towards visiting downtown landmarks (much like last year but with different stops). It is unlikely we will be stopping at bars (it's possible we'd combine a bar + landmark stop).

How long & how much?

It's a 2-hour ride and it's $20. We're be leaving the house at 4:15pm and returning at 7:30pm.

Nicole & Aaron will be our drivers (they both work there now!) so we've gotten a discount. If we fill both bikes (30 participants) there will be a $5 refund. Expo communism is available for this event.

Is there drinking?

You may. We're going around 5pm this year and the bikes are BYOB, but no glass is allowed. We can bring cans of beer/cider and our own cooler. One person can stand in the middle of each bike as a bartender (spoilers: I am bartending Aaron's bike). This needs to be coordinated WELL in advance - no trying to stop at the beer store on the way downtown, please.

You must be seated on the bike to have an open container. This is an extremely public event so please limit alcohol consumption and be responsible.

How many people can a pedal pub hold?

12 pedaling (6 per side)
3 non-pedal passengers (bench on back)
1 bartender

Do I have to pedal the entire time?

Nope! The pedals are asynchronous so you can pedal as you're able and rest as needed (the pedals won't forcibly spin or anything). If you need a bench seat in order to participate, just let me know ahead of time.

Massalinie

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I'm gonnnnnna be in

RyanMM
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

What is this 'ticket form' of which you speak? :p

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@GHoosdum said:
    What is this 'ticket form' of which you speak? :p

rude

GnomeQueen
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian

Recommended. Great fun last year.

Massalinie
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Spoilers: Arcade & bakery are being talked about as likely stops.

Massalinie
  • PinkInDetroitPinkInDetroit Brian's (actual) Waifu Detroit, MI Icrontian

EDIT: 10 pedalers, 5 non pedalers, 1 bartender. There are 2 non pedaling seats on the side, above the wheel well.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

@PinkInDetroit said:
    EDIT: 10 pedalers, 5 non pedalers

True Icrontic Communism.

PinkInDetroit