End of Legion retrospective, state of the raid, and Battle for Azeroth readiness

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian

Hey Warcraft friends!

We've come to that time when the waning days of the current expansion make regularly scheduling raiding redundant and burdensome.

With even further waning attendance to raids and with June and July being busy vacation/event/travel months for people, it looks like we may put regularly scheduled raiding on pause until BFA raids are here. I would still like to run normal and maybe even heroic a few times before August so we will consider Thursday 8pm EST and Sunday 8pm EST to be "maybe we could raid" timeslots instead of "we are raiding - oh shit nobody showed up and I cancelled plans to raid so this sucks". If you want to run Antorus on your main or alt for whatever reason, tag Warcraft here and it's possible you'll magically get a group together on our normal raid slots.

Legion raiding has been a joy with you guys and girls: From our epic high moments of our first progression-level mythic kill in Nighthold, to our absolutely epic heroic Odyn kill (BEFORE THE NERF), from struggling on Trilliax to the well-oiled machine we became on Mistress Sassypants, Kil'Jaeden, and Argus. We've made tons of memories in Legion raids this past year and they've been awesome. Don't forget how much Charshie loved those electric jellyfish and pulling "Swift-style" before Eonar. Oh, and how many times Rex would RAGE because someone tripped the ghost traps before the Sisters... And never forget how sad Jimmy would get at the corruption of Ursoc :(

I am super looking forward to making a bunch of new awesome memories with this team in Battle for Azeroth. Thank you all for being such a huge part of my life. I love you all! Run M+ with me until BFA thanks bye.

What were your favorite Legion memories?

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

My favorite part of the expansion was when I did more DPS than Ryanfodder... shit wait....

CharshiefatcatRyanFodder

This is also a good time to remind people that I'm having a BfA Launch LAN party at my new house: http://icrontic.com/discussion/101027/battle-for-azeroth-launch-lan-party-august-14th-16th-detroit

• SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

Favorite part is crazy aoe with wings dps that makes @primesuspect cry. I sometimes miss tanking with @TiberiusLazarus (shh). Watching @Swift pull as dps and then die was always amusing. Shadow priests trying not to die too soon while they surrendered to madness... @Lalaina knitting scarves for anyone that made her angry (damnit, still need to do pvp with her). Definitely enjoyed playing with everyone and conquering this expac together :)

Charshie
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2018

My favorite memories:

@TiberiusLazarus and I using our bitchin' Druid travel powers to explore the Broken Shore when it was populated exclusively by ?? Elites and a handful of neutral faction Demon Hunters. We took lots of pictures, narrowly dodged many baddies, and felt so adventurous making it to the island to see what was there.

Heroic Gul'dan, Heroic Elisande, Heroic Helya. Those were some mean-ass fights, and conquering them felt outstanding. Argus was less exciting because Aggramar was so much harder.

The two weeks when everyone bewore the deep places of the earth, and were guided by Anshe.

Getting my first Legendary (Ailuro Pouncers) in Mythic Halls of Valor from Hymdall.

The day @TiberiusLazarus (and maybe @primesuspect?) and I did the Drak'thul mount unlock quest. Much adventure!

The legitimately moving storytelling for every zone, but especially Val'sharah. Blizzard really stepped up their narrative game in Legion.

That Worgen Druid who makes shitty puns in Val'sharah. Celestine of the Harvest. Love her.

Successfully doing a +15 during each M+ "season" with a different class: Druid, Mage, Monk.

//edit: and Kirk cuing mic to straight roast people once every 9 years.

• CharshieCharshie Hollywood, California Icrontian

I think I have too many fond Legion memories to even coherently sort through them. It was a tremendous expansion though. I agree about the impressive storytelling elements. The main plot arcs felt compelling, moving, and (mostly) linear - something some previous expansions got a lil' muddy with imo.

PvP hilariousness w/ @Rexxar, Kirk, Banjo and Plottie was certainly a highlight. Shoutout to the many fun M+ runs w/ @primesuspect, Swift, @RyanFodder, @Thrax . And most importantly - despite having played WoW since beta, and being involved w/ Icrontic for the better part of...8 years? Longer? This was the first expansion I actually played and raided with the Icrontic team, which was a privilege and a delight. I'll never forget the many "raid first" kills I shared with you all. See you all in BFA <3

RyanFodderSazbeanChooch
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2018

I absolutely loved WotLK. I loved the RTS games Warcraft 1-3 and felt it was a fitting end to Arthas storyline.
    I wasn't that excited about Cataclysm. I raided through and had some laughs, but nothing pulled me in. I quit playing WoW shortly after MoP came out.

It took a lot of convincing from Swift for me to pick up and play Legion. Had enough things changed? Was the story good? etc. etc.

My point of this little story is this; I would have to say my favorite part of Legion, is that I am really excited for Battle for Azeroth.

and, I got the best healer pals in the world <3

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

I was top DPS for a while!

CharshieSazbean
  • Tyrande!
    Ysera.
    Ursoc.
    Anshe!
    Arluin.

:flashlight: :bear: :peach:
    Dreadlords.

Sazbean

Last night I started giggling as I recalled @Thrax imitating Trilliax "DON'T SAY SUCH THINGS"

Sazbean