Pokemon Go Adventure at Epic 2018 - Prepare your backpacks!

124»

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2018

You may have got a lemon dude. Lots of people complain about connection issues but I've never heard of it not detecting stops or Pokémon and not tracking distance.

-Digi

• SassChanSassChan Ann Arbor, MI Member

edited June 2018

Just to give any newbies an insight to the fan made personalities behind the teams! I’m so glad Instinct ended up being MemeTeam! Woo!

(Also I HAVE put fish on gyms at 3am more than once...)

So Obviously I’m in as long as it doesn’t interfere with another activity I’m already in!

Massalinie
  • MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian
    edited June 2018

@Thrax said:
    I just want to say that the Pokemon Go Plus is the biggest piece of shit.

10:1 odds it won't pair to my phone.

20:1 odds it won't successfully reconnect if disconnected (either through 60-minute timeout, distance, or manual disconnect).

50:1 odds of successfully detecting a Pokestop I'm standing next to for several minutes.

Has never detected a Pokemon successfully.

Has never tracked distance successfully.

Has a fresh battery. New unit. My phone meets all the technical requirements.

Mine has always been flakey too. I'm used to it taking 1-20 times tapping on the connect button before it will work. It has often dropped while I am running, I am used to reconnecting it every 30 minutes or so. Carry it in my hand so I can check every so often.

The distance thing is almost certainly intentional to prevent people cheating, but yeah I will run a 10k and only get 5k worth of distance on my buddy/eggs.

Lately though it does this thing where I bluetooth it to the phone and it starts buzzing on press as though it's connected to the game, even though it is not. Then when I do press the thing in game, it does the spinner for 5 minutes and eventually gives up. Won't connect. So I eject it from the settings and then it won't show up in the settings again for numerous restarts/repairs.
    Gonna try clearing the cache and maybe removing the battery from the device for a bit? Not really sure what else to do.

Overall though, the benefit has been worth the hassle to me, just have to have patience and get used to it being finicky.

Not detecting Pokemon is weird. Sure you have that one enabled in the Settings?

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

My Go-Tcha was really flakey last weekend but after the Bluetooth cache clear and association through Go it has been pretty solid. I had a game-changing experience this evening where the Go-Tcha spun all the PokeStops on the drive home from work and hatched a 2 km egg as I was pulling into the driveway.

QCHThrax

I just want to say that I have 8 premium raid passes and I am down for up to that many raids as people are willing to do this weekend :-D

I have 29 Premium Raid Passes, let’s run the Raid Train!

Massalinie
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2018

I solved the PoGo+ and Go-tcha flakiness. The PoGo app runs two background services: one checks for root, the other manages the connection with Plus-type devices. If the root checking service sees a rooted phone, it disables Pokemon Go from running. More on the second service in a moment. Niantic implemented the root checker early in PoGo's life, as people were using an Android package called Xposed to spoof their location to hatch eggs and capture Pokémon. I've had my phone's root status hidden from PoGo so I can play.

What I did not know is that the PoGo+ service, that manages connection and sync, also checks for root. This service is hidden inside the main PoGo app with a special Android activity that can be found if you inspect the APK. The root check in the PoGo+ service runs on an inexact interval, which explains why the PoGo+ would sync and function intermittently. I've since hid the PoGo+ service from root as well, and it worked beautifully all day long at Cedar Point.

MassalinieGarg

Aw I just saw a tweet that lunatone was here yesterday for the solstice, did anybody get one?

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

I "DID" get one... and then transferred it, not knowing it was special. :(

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

@Massalinie said:
    Aw I just saw a tweet that lunatone was here yesterday for the solstice, did anybody get one?

@QCH said:

He's still around. Sugar and I caught one last night. Wasn't just for the day. Solrock and Lunatone switched regions so Luna should be available here in the US until they switch again.

-Digi

QCHMassalinie

@QCH said:

Yes, turns out I misunderstood the tweet. They only changed locations that day. You should be able to catch more :-D