124»

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Squat 5x5 240
    Deadlift 1x5 240
    Overhead Press 5x5 125
    I confused each and every one of my abs individually with some Ab Ripper X this morning.
  • LazarusXeroLazarusXero Illinois Icrontian
    I confused each and every one of my abs individually with some Ab Ripper X this morning.
    Gotta love the Pfiefer (sp?) Scissors!! ARX is such as brutal workout for just being 15 minutes long... The only thing I looked forward to in it was the smoking hot chick in the video (and now I can't even remember her name) :(

Yeah, its painful by the end.
    For anyone who does the stronglifts routine. There is a great "official" stronglifts app for iPhone now for tracking your weights. Its very pretty and very free. No android just yet but who uses that anyway?

Squat 5x5 245
    Bench press 5x5 180
    Barbell Row 5x5 150

Havent stalled on any lifts yet, probably will on bench in the next week or so though.
    Ive gotten noticeably bigger in my arms and legs. Getting stronger, but gaining weight from it it. Its frightening to see the scale go up even though I know its from doing significantly more weight training than running.

I hate treadmills. I get so bored by the time I get to a half hour. I cant wait for summer. I need to move to a state with no winter...
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    I'm not sure how I missed this thread for so long, considering you're doing triathlons. What are you currently swimming in, goggle-wise, and do you like them?

I'll check with our product outeach dude to see what events he's traveling to this upcoming year - if he's at one you're going to (is that schedule above still accurate?) I'll try to get you set up with a pair of ours.

I work for the company that owns Aqua Sphere, triathlons are our target market with that particular brand. Take a look at the product catalogue (http://www.aquasphereswim.com/us/index.php/products/eye-protection/adults) and see what you think. We make low profile masks and gasket-like goggles that are incredibly comfortable for longer swims.

Otherwise, nice progress man - we have a few guys in the office that run triathlons and the training process for them is insane.
    edited January 2012
    Hah small world. I already have a pair of your Kayenne goggles in my Amazon wish list for this year. Yes, the schedule above are events Im currently planning on. Thanks
    Awesome, I'll see where he's headed.
    Doing an experiment in calories in vs cals out. my BMR is approximately 1850 a day, exercise and my primarily sedentary desk job adds another 500 to 550. So with a base of (2400) cals a day and an intake of 750 I am at a net of (1650)/day.

My diet for the most part is a hard boiled egg and banana or apple for breakfast, can of tuna over spinach peas and chickpeas for lunch, and a double shot of whey protein after weight training before running.

Everything fairly constant I should be losing 3-3.5 lbs a week putting me at my target weight 155 on April 20.

After my first four days I am 2 lbs down, so pretty much dead on.

I'll be updating weekly. I am interested to see how close to my estimate I hit 155.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    You're going to catabolize your muscle mass in a hot fucking second with that deficit. Just FYI.
    A bit is expected. I'm not going for bulky muscle. I want to lean down. I hope I lose some muscle mass in my chest actually. I was down at a 1000 cal diet when I lost my first 50, and i didnt notice much strength loss at all. Well see after a couple weeks or so. Thanks for the heads up tho.
    Plan change, no more wussy stuff.

I signed up for the Steelhead 70.3 Ironman on august 19th. Oh man...
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    Damn. That looks fun... Good luck!
    Definitely doesn't look like a wussy triathlon.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    I have been running at least a daily 1,000 calorie deficit for a while. Leaning out while still building strength and endurance.

Makes some tempo days really suck but I just keep thinking "run like an elite, think like an elite. Not having any energy left doesn't matter run until you pass out."

http://www.ploscompbiol.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pcbi.1000960#s3
  • LazarusXeroLazarusXero Illinois Icrontian
    Plan change, no more wussy stuff.

I signed up for the Steelhead 70.3 Ironman on august 19th. Oh man...
    Wow! Good Luck! Hopefully next year I'll start the swimming stuff and be headed towards tri's...
    edited May 2012
    Dude, the gear we sent you got sent back. :(

Did you change addresses?
    Yes, but still living in the same apartment complex. Odd.
    edited September 2018

Got fat again, lost it again. Luckily it took six years to gain it back, but only a few months to lose it.

primesuspectMassalinieGnomeQueenWagsFTW
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian

You two look great!! Was the secret moving out of Beer City? ;)

@WagsFTW said:
    You two look great!! Was the secret moving out of Beer City? ;)

Thanks, This was a big factor, though Cinci has a good beer scene as well.

GHoosdumWagsFTW